Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

2.3 V tech transmission swap options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.3 V tech transmission swap options

New here!
    Looking for suggestions on a transmission swap for my 2000 Accord 2.3 VTEC F23. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Toptech83; 01-27-2018, 09:15 AM.

Let's get this out of the way first. It's spelled VTEC.

The transmission you should go with depends largely on your intentions for the vehicle. Are you wanting an economical option? If so, the transmission you have in that car is as good as it gets. Are you wanting faster acceleration? Then you have choices.

The most budget-friendly would be an M2S4 from a '92-'96 Prelude Si with the H23A1. It's best thought of as a balance between the common Accord gearing and the Prelude gearing. It is non-LSD and can usually be picked up for around $300-400 in decent shape. They're old, though, so I'd be wary. If they haven't been rebuilt yet, the 3rd and 5th gear synchros are likely out or getting there.

Next up is the M2F4 from the '93-'96 Prelude Si VTEC. It has very aggressive gearing, but it does not come with an LSD. They can be had for just slightly more than the M2S4, but they're not very common. The JDM M2A4 is more or less the equivalent to this, but with a couple of gears being slightly lower, numerically.

The JDM M2B4 is just like the M2A4, but with a large OEM LSD installed. Unless you can find one through an importer, the one you find may have been installed in two or three vehicles in the States so far. You can also bet that any of them you buy will have been dogged on pretty hard. The price tag for a working one is usually around the $700-900 range.

The two best options are the T2T4 and the T2W4(U2Q7). They are out of the '97-'02 JDM Accord SiR-T and Euro-R, respectively. The U2Q7 comes from the Accord Type R, which is effectively the Euro market version of the Type-R. The gearing is aggressive and they come with factory LSDs. The synchros have been updated with better designs and they are consistently available through importers. These are usually had for around $900-1100, but are well worth the money spent.

In the future, please be more descriptive in what you are looking for so that we can help you better.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Thanks for the info, appreciate. Next time I will try to be more descriptive!!! At this time I'm just looking for more budget friendly, looking to spend around 500.00.

The issue I'm having is the car will drive a block and then no longer move, at one time the D4 light was flashing. But I would shut the engine off for about 5 minutes or so and able to drive another block or 2 then issue repeated. I was thinking maybe lock up solenoids or something electronic, but everybody says just replace the transmission.

Comment

Though I haven’t messed with an automatic, I do know those solenoids can cause lots of issues that are cheaper than a brand new transmission
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

And here I was thinking you were referring to manual transmissions. Another reason being descriptive helps.

If you're looking to swap a different automatic transmission in place, the only way you can really upgrade is to find an MP1A from a '92-'96 JDM Prelude Si. Some of them even had an LSD. Steve at hmotorsonline.com has one in stock right now, I think.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
          X