Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ENG: Master Cylinder Install and Bench Bleed VIDEO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ENG: Master Cylinder Install and Bench Bleed VIDEO!

I found another useful piece of DIYtastic information on youtube. This time its for installing and properly bench bleeding a master cylinder prior to installing it on a car. It looks like it was done on an integra, but all early 90s hondas such as ours pretty much use the same process. I know this will help me when I have to do a master cyl. on my car in the future, so I thought I'd share it w/ you guys/gals. I HIGHLY recommend a moderator sticky this....this is a very useful vid.

Last edited by Losiracer2; 01-27-2015, 12:04 AM.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

i personally would of done a FULL brake bleed in all 4 corners, your dirty already take the extra 39 minutes to get that old fluid out of the system that has taken alot of moisture and put some new stuff in it.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
      i personally would of done a FULL brake bleed in all 4 corners, your dirty already take the extra 39 minutes to get that old fluid out of the system that has taken alot of moisture and put some new stuff in it.
      yeah that would probably be the right way to do it. If you put a new MC in, might as well make sure that it has fresh fluid going through all 4 corners.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I ususally don't raise a thread this old, but:

GOOD LOOKING OUT!!! I was having brake fade at a stop, and they were needing the occasional extra pup rolling. This was wonderfully helpful. I was not looking forward to bleeding all four corners. Took me less than an hour, AND the breaks are better than they've ever been. I went with an inexpensive, brand new MC from O'Reilly's (came with the reservoir and cap with pigtails and plugins - I think Best Brakes was the brand) and DAMN is that thing responsive! Literally the best the brakes have been since I bought the car; I mean it's a "have to get used to how well it stops" difference!

Thank you sir! (and Eric the car guy)

Comment

As mentioned in the video, I strongly suggest bench bleeding with the reservoir on. Get two short pieces of brake line with the appropriate fitting and enough rubber tubing to run the end back into the reservoir. With it mounted in a vise as shown, push the plunger, then pinch the hoses (similar to him using his fingers to block the ports), let the plunger out, then repeat as necessary until to you get two strong stream of fluid from the hoses into the reservoir.

You can leave your bleeding tube/hoses on the MC until you put it in the car, then you can quickly remove them one by one and install the brake line to minimze leakage. You can even do the bench bleeding with the MC in the car.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
          X