• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tishock View Post
    Wow, that first page.....

Awesome work, sir.

^ ^

Thank you!
    Last edited by H311RA151N; 06-15-2015, 10:15 PM.

Comment

I still can't believe I did this. What leads you to where you go is an odd thing to try and make sense of sometimes. I just wish I would have used my time better. But you live and learn. I only hope I continue to grow wiser in the future and learn to better accept the poor decisions of my past. Still yet, I hope the efforts I made benefit a lot of people.

Comment

Can anyone see the pictures? I can. Just making sure.

They are hosted on Photobucket is why I ask. Maybe when I get time I will bring these over to my Flikr account...

Comment

Looked like they were all working.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Ok thanks for that.

I guess I got lucky?

I redone all the pictures once... I really hope I don't end up having to redo it again... Guess I'll wait and see.

Comment

I went through and added the "~original" to many of mine; they all seem to work again. Fixed "Rescuing Ruby" and "Webuilding the Wagon", still have to do "Saving Silver".
              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Those three threads in particular would be an absolute nightmare to put back together... Hopefully things hold out like they are in regards to the fix.

Comment

I seem to have run into a problem installing the clutch pedal I grabbed from a junkyard CB: it doesn't fit in my footwell, with the main relay and some other components in the way. The black box to the left (blue and black wires going into it) in this first photo is also keeping the pedal bracket from sitting right, and I had to unbolt what I assume is the cruise control computer as well just to get it sort-of up in there. Might there have been different pedals from year to year, or between trim levels? Mine is a '93 EX. I also noticed that I don't have the firewall spacers to bridge the foam gap.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I have no black box in that location. The only items to the left of the pedal bracket are the black relays. 92 EX 5 Speed sedan.
                    http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

I think I've figured out the pedal fitment. I went to look at a junkyard CB, and the main relay was simply rotated 180* from mine, if I just unbolt the black box to slip the bracket underneath it over those bolts. Found something else interesting, though: the clutch pedal I pulled has two switches on it, but this second car I looked at (a DX, if I remember right) instead just had a bolt and locknut serving as a stopper in one of the spots. I grabbed it, and I'll look into what that switch is before deciding which to use. It reads when the pedal is completely released. Not sure why that's valuable information, but I want to do this properly.

Last edited by CyborgGT; 11-03-2020, 10:44 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Good find!!!

I have seen that switch also. It seems that my rubber stopper disintegrated a long time ago for that switch and it is never engaged. I am thinking it might be the switch for the cruise control interrupt circuit? I somehow thought the clutch switch for start would be the same as the cruise interrupt, but this may mean that they are different switches.
                        http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Cruise control and starter for manual cars. (how the car tells when the clutch pedal is in). Working on that spot up there has to be one of the worst. Even if you take the drivers seat out it's not fun haha.

Comment

Ah, cruise control, that makes sense. Thanks, guys. I definitely want to keep that switch and figure out the wiring, then.

I'm actually not having too bad a time with the pedal swap. At the junkyard, it was a massive pain to remove the pedals, but when I got to working in my own car, even the spring on the brake pedal wasn't giving me problems! Easy off, easy on. Driver's seat still installed, even. Having a pick set, using the one with the hook on the end really helped.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I do believe there are indeed two separate signal switches on the clutch. Of course the one at the bottom is your clutch interlock but I recall my cruise control switch being at the top of the pedal throw. But all creature comforts have been missing from my car for nearly a decade now.
                              IG: H2wagon
                              https://www.youtube.com/@H2wagon

Comment

Working...
                              X