Metric Socket Set 10-17mm
    Ratchet
    Extensions
    Floor Jack
    Oil Drain Pan
    Small Scraper or Screw Driver
    Torque Wrench

Oil Pan Gasket OEM 11251-P0A-000
    Exhaust Manifold to Downpipe Gaskets, Beck Arnley 039-6322 or OEM 18212-SB2-961
    Hondabond HT or Permatex Grey

Oil 5qts
    Oil filter

INSTALLATION

-Start by lifting the car using the correct lift points.

-Drain the oil.

-Remove the front cross member bolts.

-Remove the rear two cross member bolts. 14mm. And remove the downpipe exhaust hanger at this time as well.

-Unplug the oxygen sensor. Bottom of car (as pictured) if you are F22A4/6 and front by radiator if you are F22A1.

-Remove the three Manifold to Downpipe nuts. 14mm.

-Remove the bracket that mounts the downpipe to the back of the block. Top bolts are 14mm, lower nuts are 12mm. Poor picture.

-Remove the three downpipe to catalytic converter bolts or nuts. You can now drop down and remove the downpipe from the car.

-Remove the bell housing/inspection cover bolts. 3x10mm.

-Remove the shifter cable cover. 3x12mm

Remove both the bell housing/inspection cover and shifter cable cover. The shifter cable cover must be remove before removing the bell housing/inspection cover bolts.

-Remove the oil pan. 6x10mm nuts and 12x10mm bolts

-Inspect your Oil Pump Pickup screen for debris. If debris are found it can be removed via Shop-Vac.

-Clean the mating surface of the block of both oil and adhesives and do the same with the oil pan.

-Place a very small amount of Hondabond HT or Permatex Ultra Grey in the corners of the "hump" area on the oil pan.

You can use a type of gasket tack as I did. I used Loctite 39158 Hi-Tack Stick. If you chose to do so place it sparingly on the side of the gasket which faces the oil pan.

With the oil pan gasket in place on the oil pan, place a little Hondabond HT or Permetex Ultra Grey in the area around the "hump" section of the oil pan gasket.

-The oil pan can now be installed carefully back onto the block. Once in place make sure the gasket has stayed in place. It helps to keep two of the nuts handy once the oil pan is in place to hold on while you get the other nuts and bolts ready.

-Once all 18 nuts and bolts are finger tight begin torquing them in sequence to 9ftlbs.

-Remove the old downpipe gaskets. You can do this by taking an awl and making a small hole in the gasket.

Install replacement exhaust crush gaskets. Beck Arnley 039-6322 or OEM 18212-SB2-961. Install your new gaskets, flat side down.

To install everything else just reverse the process.

-Reinstall the downpipe.

-Install downpipe bracket.

-Plug in oxygen sensor.

-Reinstall cross member.

-Fill with oil.

-Done. Enjoy.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 08-26-2017, 08:14 PM.

If you find anything I need to improve upon LMK. I might have missed something.

Comment

+rep for a clear guide done by the book! (as soon as I spread more rep)

The only thing I think you are missing is the recommendation to tighten it to 10ft-lbs in steps and in a criss-cross pattern. I go to 80in-lbs on first step then 10ft-lbs on second step.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
        +rep for a clear guide done by the book! (as soon as I spread more rep)

The only thing I think you are missing is the recommendation to tighten it to 10ft-lbs in steps and in a criss-cross pattern. I go to 80in-lbs on first step then 10ft-lbs on second step.
        Yeah your right! Thanks for leting me know, its a habit that I use on everything that I forgot to mention it but Ill have it fixed in just a few seconds. Thanks again!

EDIT: And thank you for the +rep!
        Last edited by H311RA151N; 11-20-2012, 05:18 PM.

Comment

How about some pics?!
          Originally posted by cb7dazz
          And you're english is much better than some people on this board and it's their primary language.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          ...for example

Comment

Originally posted by muhammedmian View Post
            How about some pics?!
            I'll see if I can find them. I take it you are aware of why all my pics went down. In case you are not, Photobucket decided it would be a good idea to corrupt every last one of my photo's. Their tech couldn't even fix it. Getting them back up is a very daunting task. But I'll see what I can do here.

Comment

Wow, that blows. I always disliked photobucket and went for imgur but they never had the option to make an account (They might have that option nowa days).
              And you're english is much better than some people on this board and it's their primary language.
              ...for example

Comment

Originally posted by muhammedmian View Post
                Wow, that blows. I always disliked photobucket and went for imgur but they never had the option to make an account (They might have that option nowa days).
                I have several engines and some of the pics. I'll get to it in a few days. The pics I don't have I will use one of the engines I have around for reference.

Yeah, I sure have a bone to pick with Photobucket. Caused me quite a bit of work and grief.

Comment

You still have that downpipe?
                  ...for example

Comment

I don't mean to bump this but those pictures are gone good sir. Is there any way to get them back?
                    The CB7 Collector.
                    Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                    92 LX Coupe F22A1
                    2013 Toyota Corolla S
                    92 EX Sedan F22A1
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

I could try. It's one of those things that require a ton of digging.

Are you wanting the pictures for the information or are you fixing/maintaining the DIY section or ? Just asking so I know whether it would be best to have the DIY deleted or if it would be best for me to attempt to find the pictures.

Comment

I'm redoing this today. As long as I don't get ticked off. Might fix this one or start a new thread all together and delete this one. This DIY kinda stinks anyhow IMO. I can do a much better job. Will give it a go today.

Comment

Alright. It's done for now. It's back up and useable.

Comment

You can avoid undoing the flex pipe to catalytic converter bolts (particularly if very rusted), by just removing the rubber hangers behind the catalytic converter and letting the system flex downward; there is enough play in the rest of the system to push it rearward to allow the manifold flange to come down.
                            Last edited by Fleetw00d; 04-22-2019, 10:47 PM.
                            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I haven't seen this thread in a while... I guess the pictures are still up. That's good. I actually still have this car. It's sitting in the weeds back home. I've got to do this again on my 92 EX. Kinda funny in a strange way that I'll have to use my own DIY to do it again... My memory sucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X