X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had that same problem too, i just un loomed it a little more
    <-- MRT

Comment

Yeah, I had a few too many wires in there. I ended up unwrapping it, re-looming it and using a zip tie to hold it fast in place. Trimmed the wiper assembly a bit more too. Seemed to work like a charm.

Comment

Started my wire tuck today, Very excited to get everything done thanks for the write up, very helpfull
        CB will be out beginning of March

Comment

I will definitely be following some of these tips, this is where I'm at right now:

Got all of the under-dash wiring pulled out of the car, gving me this mess:

and getting it sorted out. Going to be removing all the wires for stuff I deleted like A/C and cruise.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
            Yeah, I had a few too many wires in there. I ended up unwrapping it, re-looming it and using a zip tie to hold it fast in place. Trimmed the wiper assembly a bit more too. Seemed to work like a charm.

Hhmmm atleast you got it tucked What I did was keep the wiper wiring with the wiper motor meaning its in the cowl.
            NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
            DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
              I will definitely be following some of these tips, this is where I'm at right now:

Got all of the under-dash wiring pulled out of the car, gving me this mess:

and getting it sorted out. Going to be removing all the wires for stuff I deleted like A/C and cruise.
              I'll be doing the same too
              NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
              DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Some tech info on properly making a harness - loom and heat shrink aren't enough if you want it to last...

https://www.rbracing-rsr.com/wiring_ecu.html

Accord Aero-R

Comment

amazing info.

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                  Some tech info on properly making a harness - loom and heat shrink aren't enough if you want it to last...

holy moly that's some good info right there. i will differently be using tips from that link in my harness constructions.

a few pointers i picked up from a brief reading were, high rated zip ties that special tape. and the epoxy. wow. cant wait until i get to this part of my build.
                  a person who looks at somthing and see it as waste is no person at all but he who see what it could be will suceed
                  out with the old and in with the new

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post

Damn, that's one of the best(thorough) sites I've seen in a while.

I wonder how much the CB harness weighs?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Also another easier to read guide done by speed hunters, follows along with the other one posted as well, the more resources about the subject the better. reading the one posted by and this one caused me to put my tuck on hold and is forcing me to go back and change a few things before I get into any deeper causing issues down the road. (I used solder and didn't check gauges one a few wires I should have.)
                      For most people keeping the oem harness intact as much as possible is the best option for reliability and longevity.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2015/09/...htmare-part-1/

http://www.speedhunters.com/2015/10/...htmare-part-2/

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Did anyone by chance save dark clouds engine harness plug bible picture? I have a plug on my harness that I can seem to figure out where it goes. It's a two wire grey plug that has a green with yellow stripe and a yellow with green stripe wire going to it.
                        Last edited by Grumpys93; 07-29-2017, 03:28 PM.
                        ~Nick~
                        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                          Did anyone by chance save dark clouds engine harness plug bible picture? I have a plug on my harness that I can seem to figure out where it goes. It's a two wire grey plug that has a green with yellow stripe and a yellow with green stripe wire going to it.
                          Are you using the stock (CB7) harness? I happen to have a stock harness I can check for you.

Comment

Working...
                          X