• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha that argument was funny
    93 Honda Accord Lx
    Check it out A.O.M. 11/2014

Comment

Thanks for the write up... It helped a whole lot...

Comment

Originally posted by 90CB7EURO View Post
        what happens if i only have one bolt on the tranny
        the previous owner of my cb7 didnt tap the other two and it has hanging by one bolt, it broke the bracket and was hanging by a few centimeters of metal, pretty dangerous i think.

I didnt find that out until I dropped the tranny, anyways I fixed it and welded the bracket back up with a washer on top to reinforce it

Comment

Bumping an old thread with good info. Just used this method yesterday in an M2S4 trans
          -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
          -1993 Accord EX SOLD
          -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
          -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Is it possible to tap the hole without removing the tranny from the car?

Comment

Originally posted by cb3 vtec View Post
              Is it possible to tap the hole without removing the tranny from the car?
              When I installed mine (way back when); I was told it was an Accord transmission, so I didn't realize it didn't match the mount until I had bolted it to the engine and tried to raise it into position. I was able to tap the hole with the trans in place at that point. I think I used a long extension to drive the tap handle.
              Last edited by Fleetw00d; 06-21-2020, 09:55 PM.
              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I read through the thread again, but I still have a question for anyone who might know about auto-to-manual conversions, since there's one conversion mount for F-series transmissions, and there's a different one for H-series transmissions. I don't yet know what transmission I'll end up with for my conversion, but I know ESP's mounts are made to order and there could be back-up with other customers, so I'm hoping it's possible to save time by ordering a mount now, before I have a transmission. If I get a conversion mount for F-series transmissions, but end up finding the H-series trans I want, will the mount be cross-compatible with H-series transmissions via this tap & die trick? To my mind, it makes sense that it would work, that it would essentially put me in the position of someone with a factory manual Accord looking to swap in an H-series transmission using their stock Accord mount, but I'm hoping someone with personal experience can confirm this.
                Last edited by CyborgGT; 06-21-2020, 10:10 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I switched from an F series 5 speed to an H series 5 speed. I thought I only moved one stud, but looking at the original post I must have moved two on the H transmission to match the F series mount. The H series trans has bosses in the correct location, it just needs to be drilled and tapped to accept the studs. If you're more likely to get an F trans, buy that mount and you can swap the studs if you find an H trans. It should also work in reverse; if you buy an H mount but find an F trans, you should be able to move the studs on the F trans to attach to an H mount.
                  Last edited by Fleetw00d; 06-21-2020, 05:28 PM.
                  90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                  08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

All F and H transmissions have the same available stud hole locations, then? It's just a matter of which ones are selected from the factory to be tapped for a specific mount? Honda could have made things so much simpler for themselves...
                    Last edited by CyborgGT; 06-21-2020, 06:45 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I was gonna say the housings are the same, but there are different part numbers for the housing for 90-91 and 92-93 Accords, and the vehicle fitment doesn't show any Preludes. There may be other differences in internal machining or something, but based on my experience, they all have the same five potential stud mounting locations on the housings.

Comment

Sounds good, thank you.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                        X