CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Parts & Performance > Performance Tech > Forced Induction

Old 11-04-2018, 09:36 AM   #1
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Grumpys93 seems to have made some friends!
Turbo feed line options

Ok so I am trying to decide on how I am wanting to feed the oil to the turbo. In the past I used a generic oil sandwich plate and the whole time I was battling leaks. Though I canít remember if I Teflon taped all plugs or just the plugs I used for oil pressure and feed. Anyways I also donít like the fact that they send unfiltered oil to the turbo. Yes itís a small amount so the chances of something going to the turbo are pretty unlikely but the possibility is still there.

Golden eagle offers a filtered sandwich plate that I am considering but it says for b series. I know honda oil filters are universal across the board. But I wanted to confirm its fitment before I spend $100 on a sandwich plate.

Or the other option is finding a oil sending source on the block and tapping into it.

What have yíall done in the past and how do you like it and what would you recommend?
FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93
Grumpys93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 12:15 PM   #2
judonoh
CB7tuner Member

judonoh is cool... so far.
I use a pressure sensor adapter. Have to be careful, too much strain can snap it.
I always use Teflon paste, tape can cause passages to get plugged.
judonoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 01:31 PM   #3
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
I just use a simple T-adapter w/ tape. One side goes to the turbo, the other has the oil pressure gauge. I want to know the pressure on that line at all times. & not sure why you would run an additional filter. Just more to go wrong which can restrict oil flow. The OEM oil filter should be enough.
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 04:24 PM   #4
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf99 View Post
I just use a simple T-adapter w/ tape. One side goes to the turbo, the other has the oil pressure gauge. I want to know the pressure on that line at all times. & not sure why you would run an additional filter. Just more to go wrong which can restrict oil flow. The OEM oil filter should be enough.
I wouldn’t be running an additional filter. The Golden Eagle sandwich plate runs the oil through the OEM filter then to the line. I think I will do the oil pressure sensor adapter like Judonoh mentioned and have the OEM oil pressure hooked up as well as the feed and oil pressure gauge. So like you said I know I have pressure going to the turbo. K-tunes offers one for 36 shipped. Anyone by chance know the fitting size for our oil sensor?

Here is the adapter I am looking at getting
http://k-tuned.3dcartstores.com/Oil-...er-_p_612.html

Thoughts?
FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Last edited by Grumpys93; 11-04-2018 at 04:28 PM.
Old 11-04-2018, 05:02 PM   #5
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpys93 View Post
......... Anyone by chance know the fitting size for our oil sensor?

Here is the adapter I am looking at getting
http://k-tuned.3dcartstores.com/Oil-...er-_p_612.html

Thoughts?
You'll be using a 3rd party gauge right? It will connect into one of the outlets, then the wire runs to the gauge in the cockpit.
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 09:26 PM   #6
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Yes. I will have some cheap oil pressure gauge for primary source showing oil pressure, then the OEM low oil light as secondary. So the adapter will use one port for turbo feed, one for the cheap oil pressure gauge and third for OEM pressure sensor.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: