Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F23 a1 swap into CB7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is not scary. Did you see all the tags on the wires to help keep things in order? Seriously though I think one of the red wires is hooked up wrong. That one that seems to be spliced into the door sill. Ok not serious.
    ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Ha Ha

I post photos whith wires -only to display how I do swap
      Now some wires I made shorter - to ECU

And most off wires on photo I delete - it was for ABS and automatic trans
      Now interier is assembled
      in engine bay all no needed wires I delete too

Add some info^

japans ECU for F23a - ONLY FOR AUTO TRANS
      and to use whith manual I made electrical impulse generator (based on 2 transistors, input voltage 5v - from ECU) - it make impulses to ecu, imitated that second shaft in auto trance is rotating! whithout it - NO VTEC!

All good in this way, but it have negative side - auto ECU dont engineered to case then motor have hard bolted to trance (via clutch), and car some times on low rpm on 1gear start to swing (shake)

ECU can correct AFR ratio, and my second experience -
      I use obd2 ecu from 2litres sohc vtec F20b engine (manual trance) - It s work fine whis F23a

later show photos

Comment

now - not loose wires
        Last edited by TOL; 05-06-2014, 01:18 AM.

Comment

this swap is not as hard people make it seem i did this swap in my cb it runs good

Comment

Then I write last post, I use auto F23a ecu whith imitation of second shaft speed of auto trance into ECU (weld yeasy from 2 transistors, 2 resistors and 2 capasitors) - need to got vtec, car run great.

Now I use F20b (sohc vtec engine 97-2001 year) manual obd2b ecu from accord on my F23a, run whithout problems
            Last edited by TOL; 03-26-2015, 05:17 AM. Reason: correct engine type

Comment

wow..i just did this swap on a 4dr cb and was easy as pie.i kept all cb harness and swaped in a 95 ex ecu and swapped the pins like the f22b sohc swap.car runs great.no check engine light.just put h22 injectors and a chipped p28 with f23 base map in the other day.i heard it put down good numbers.not sure on what exactly.

my new turbo build

Comment

I'm surprised nobody thought of the immobilizer that is usually present on USDM F23 ecu's. I'd assume that is responsible for the no start issues first and foremost.

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
                  wow..i just did this swap on a 4dr cb and was easy as pie.i kept all cb harness and swaped in a 95 ex ecu and swapped the pins like the f22b sohc swap.car runs great.no check engine light.just put h22 injectors and a chipped p28 with f23 base map in the other day.i heard it put down good numbers.not sure on what exactly.
                  In my case I don't need anything... all from F23a
                  In your case - It is time to find ecu and injectors and money for its

my car and swaped motor is jdm, no immobilizer in JDM 5.6.7 gens accords

Comment

Not to mention that mess! I couldn't imagine leaving wires everywhere like that and calling it final. Hell, i've changed computers a half dozen times and that's still far from final. All i see is a huge wiring headache, impossible troubleshooting prospects, possible damage/interference with important mechanisms (eg shift cables), and most importantly the huge friggin fire hazard.

good luck man!
                    90 LX (R.I.P.) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137301
                    91 EX (DD) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142483

Comment

Just noticed the RHD. oh so sexy. plus fogs and Auto HVAC! Drooool
                      90 LX (R.I.P.) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137301
                      91 EX (DD) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142483

Comment

Originally posted by TOL View Post
                        In my case I don't need anything... all from F23a
                        In your case - It is time to find ecu and injectors and money for its

my car and swaped motor is jdm, no immobilizer in JDM 5.6.7 gens accords
                        If I wanted to I could have kept allf23 except the ecu. Actually even the ecu with a step up harness. Only thing I would have had to do was cut and wire the obd1 f22a distributor pugs to match the stock f22 harness. Cut out the resistor box and wire all color wires together. Then run vtec,vtec pressure and knock sensor wires to ecu(3 wires total) and been done with less time money and effort for what you had to do for absolutely no benefit at all. With the route you went I would have swapped the hole cabin harness behind the dash to obd 2 just so I could use the stupid code reader.

my new turbo build

Comment

Hello all! I'm wanting to comment on the whole putting and f23a into a cb7. I just finished doing this swap for lack of funding to purchase an H22. Here is what I found: ITS WORTH SAVING FOR THE H22! With that being said here is what I did to get this painful process to the finish line.
                          98-02 F23A from the JDM market.
                          94-95 obd1 F22 intake manifold as the f22a from the cb7 is different and wont clear the vtec solenoid without modifications.
                          92-93 CB7 engine harness. I used the stock LX one I had available.
                          92-93 CB7 engine mounts all the way around. (IF YOU HAVE THE NEWER TRANSMISSION THE BOSS HOLES ARE NOT DRILLED AND TAPPED. It's a pain if you want to use the 98-02 manual trans.)
                          Once you figure out what timing covers you use and how to modify them to work, set the engine in the bay.
                          98-02 headers with test pipe and 94-95 cat back fits fine. Have to bend one hanger and cut one off.
                          The IAC plug on an lx harness is in with the injector plugs. The 94 manifold has the iac on the rear of the upper manifold. Extend the wires so the plug can get back there.
                          The map on a CB7 is in the black box on the firewall. Vacuum line number 21. Extend all three lines to a vacuum source.
                          Vtec solenoid with blue wire needs to be run to the Computer. Find a junk yard Ecu harness to get the pin out of.
                          Fill with fluids and start that thing!
                          Honestly, had I known what I would go through in turning an obd2 to obd1 I would of spotted for a different engine. Though the F23A is actually a very good and reliable engine it doesnt give you enough gains to warrant doing the swap. BUT, if it is the only engine you have(like me) then go for it.
                          Hope this helps!
                          Last edited by Grantavious7; 11-09-2018, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X