FUEL: Fuel Pump Access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
    Yea most of us dont have a grinder laying around. Then you have to think about the sparks you emit and it could cause a fire. But hey, if it makes it easy then go for it! Fuel pumps will be fuel pumps, there really is no easy way to get around replacing one.
    ill let you know when im burning.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i like this guy hes funny lol. i actually think its a good idea if someone could fab up a nice access door this would be great for the cb7. nice DIY and thanks for the measurements

TYPE R Big Build thread 25,000+ VIEWS!!!http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123069
      I feel like BIG MEECH! LARRY HOOVER! whippin work! haileliuah one nation under god. REAL naggas gettin money from the freakin START!

Comment

I did that to my last cb and will do it to my currant one if the pump dies. Covered up the hole with a piece of scrap tin I had laying around and sealed it with silicone and used the shortest self tappers.

I highly reccomend unlesss you have leaking fuel lines or leaking tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
          Eh, This is a good idea, but honestly by the time I actually scrounged up the side grinder and went to the store and bought the wheels, I would have dropped the tank by then and had the pump out replacing it. Puttin it back in aint bad if you have help and of course the tank is empty.
          man my fuel pump died on my with my 300zx (due to a friend putting a fuel cut off wrong) and it died right after i had filled the tank IT WAS A NIGHTMARE

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
          When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I just want to point out that it's the fumes of the gas that is the most flammable, and your cutting through metal with a dremel above fuel lines......

Keep an Eye on my Coupe. Click the Pic

Comment

Originally posted by tresexohcb View Post
              I just want to point out that it's the fumes of the gas that is the most flammable, and your cutting through metal with a dremel above fuel lines......
              ..................And??????????? you have more that an inch clearance, and depending on what blades you are using you are not going to get close to the lines....So I guess I missed your point

My ride:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143916

Comment

You can use fence cutters also, then there will be no sparks.
                Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

i was thinking about doing this. i actually had to change mine with about 1/2 a tank (no where to drain. i was in a apt complex parking lot during a AZ summer lol) i got it done to only realize my pump wasnt bad it was the main relay lol. atleast i upgraded to a walbro

Ride List
                  1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                  2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                  newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

i have also done this but i did it when the tank was out already. i was changing my pump when someone came over and told me to cut an access hole and put a hinge on it so in case anything ever happened again i could get to it without taking out the tank

the tank was out for a while, car was in the fresh air with plugged lines plugged and fans blowing under and in car no way i am dealing with a fire in or around my car
                    ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

i see where people have done this at the junkyard sometimes. later.
                      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

lol cutting a hole on your car just above the fuel pump o man I rather do it the way its supposed to be done if not they would of had a hole for us made already to do the fuel pump that way, good diy tho seems easy but I wouldn't do it.

92 Accord Cb7 ^^
                        My Ride Thread~~Click Below.
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176232

Comment

i hate to say this but VW made this job so much easier. oh well, i have a HF fuel pump that is going in. im not sure if i feel like dropping the tank or not.
                          I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                            i hate to say this but VW made this job so much easier. oh well, i have a HF fuel pump that is going in. im not sure if i feel like dropping the tank or not.
                            I did the hole...its not that bad.....I wasn't to concerned about dropping the tank more for the putting it back up....$19 dremel from orielly the kind with the extension handle. and the quick release dremel brand heavy duty cutting blades $20....save a headache.......took me about 20 mins to cut the hole....just leave the top part un-cut and keep it as a flap

My ride:
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143916

Comment

I am all for this laziness.... But the foam is a bad idea... It will get wet and hold moister and rot out the steel.

Comment

check this out. VW has this huge circle access plate. cut out circle and then use the access plate which also has a seal and self tapping screws. it'll look legit. i got to this this soon but im going to try with drilling holes and tin snips.
                                I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                                X