• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again for all the effort man.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
      Thanks again for all the effort man.
      No problem, I was just about to get on here and get some more finished.

Comment

This is the best DIY in the world. Period. You just can't argue with that kind of dedication.

If I do actually buy that mint SE in the beginner's section (hiptech), then this thread will be my best friend.

It's a bummer you have to rescue all those pics. SO MANY HELPFUL PICS!
        *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
        ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
        ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
        "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
        The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
        Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
          This is the best DIY in the world. Period. You just can't argue with that kind of dedication.

If I do actually buy that mint SE in the beginner's section (hiptech), then this thread will be my best friend.

It's a bummer you have to rescue all those pics. SO MANY HELPFUL PICS!
          That is one super nice SE. I would like to see you with something like that!

I put in a lot of effort I will admit. I think about 25-30 hours writing the DIY. Partially because my computer skills could be better along with my internet connection for uploading pics (5mbps up, 2.8 down, 55ms ping).

I'm working on the pics as we speak. It needs to be back up. And it has needed to be for the past month or 6 weeks that it's been down.

Comment

I think I've got the gist of everything except the wiring. Also, I heard you can run the park neutral safety wires to the clutch switch to maintain the safety feature but I just don't know which wires. And I had a question about the ecu. Does the car run fine and dandy without the tcu?

Comment

I think I've got the gist of everything except the wiring. Also, I heard you can run the park neutral safety wires to the clutch switch to maintain the safety feature but I just don't know which wires. And I had a question about the ecu. Does the car run fine and dandy without the tcu?
              Mine runs fine without the TCU. I removed the automatic gear selector part of the cluster and therefore I have no [P] light on.

Pics were taken to show the wires and the connector that I cut out of the automatic shifter assembly. I soldered these along with heat shrinked them.

Comment

All the information in here was extremely helpful with my swap. Everything went amazingly smooth. Found out I had a bad transmission but hey, worse things have happened. I've asked around a lot and people seem to like using Pennzoil Synchromesh trans fluid over the Honda mtf (which is supposedly just motor oil). Thanks again man for the great thread.
                Last edited by Mike1357; 01-25-2015, 09:14 PM.

Comment

All the information in here was extremely helpful with my swap. Everything went amazingly smooth. Found out I had a bad transmission but hey, worse things have happened. I've asked around a lot and people seem to like using Pennzoil Synchromesh trans fluid over the Honda mtf (which is supposedly just motor oil). Thanks again man for the great thread.
                  That's funny. I may have done an ok job at this thread, but for you to be able to do it with very few pictures as easily as you did means your a good mechanic.

People use GM Syncromesh over Honda MTF when they have problems, as a last resort really. If I had a really bad grind and the trans couldn't be pulled for 5 or 6 months, I would try it. If I had a great transmission with no issues, the last thing I would do would be put GM Syncromesh in it.

Pennzoil might work. But this is what I have seen people use. http://www.brothersperformance.com/g...DfUaApZZ8P8HAQ

Comment

I've been working as a mechanic for a little over 3 years now so what I learned in that time, combined with the tools I acquired, helped. Oh and use of a lift. I started at 7am Saturday and had it done around 4pm. Went on the test drive and found out the trans was bad so I bought another transmission on Sunday and put it in this morning. Had a good running car by lunch time.

I may look into that stuff you posted if I decide to change my trans oil but hopefully I won't have my current trans for too long anyways.

Comment

How does the reverse light wire in? I see a two pin connector with the same wire colors in the bay but I don't just want to go cutting wires and be wrong.

Comment

How does the reverse light wire in? I see a two pin connector with the same wire colors in the bay but I don't just want to go cutting wires and be wrong.
                        The color of wires you see on the reverse switch you will also find in a harness that ran to the automatic shifter assembly. They simply wire together.

If the car was here I would go out and take a look to verify the colors but it just left.

Comment

So there will be a green and yellow wire that plugged into the automatic shifter assembly and that gets jumped together along with the sensor in the transmission being spliced in? I assume it's these two connecters in the engine bay as no other connecters seem to have the same green/yellow wires.

Comment

See those two wires that have the same style connectors as the brake master cylinder reservoir? It's those two. IIRC anyways.

Comment

Did you use a manual harness? Because my wire harness doesn't have any connectors like that bullet style.

Comment

Did you use a manual harness? Because my wire harness doesn't have any connectors like that bullet style.
                                Manual harness? That's part of the engine harness so no. I got the other ends to those connectors and wired it up that way. Basically, I ran those wires to the same color wires in the shifter assembly wiring harness.

Comment

Working...
                                X