This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR.PHIL
    Same Problem here,i also tapped it in the GREEN/WHITE wire to pin A7,and it still not shifting .
    ANY UPDATES GUYS ?
    Yeah I've also found that doesn't work but I haven't had an oppurtunity to work an auto car with time to find out exactly what needs to be done.

I enjoy troubleshooting things like that and figuring it out but without a car to tinker with I can't help, lol.
    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Originally posted by BustedLX
      Yeah I've also found that doesn't work but I haven't had an oppurtunity to work an auto car with time to find out exactly what needs to be done.

I enjoy troubleshooting things like that and figuring it out but without a car to tinker with I can't help, lol.
      if you were close,i would let you use my car.
      in a way i kinda like the way you have to shift it,it's like an extra security system

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

Can any one PM me on an over view swap on from f22a4 to H23.... PLease I am kinda of new to the honda world .....

Comment

im about to do the H22A swap into my CB7 also...i was just wondering, so the H22A exhaust manifold wont bolt up to my stock downpipe on my EX?
          Hold On Not Done Accelerating
          Had One Never Did Again

Comment

Originally posted by jas_r34
            im about to do the H22A swap into my CB7 also...i was just wondering, so the H22A exhaust manifold wont bolt up to my stock downpipe on my EX?
            no

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

i got some more info on the wiring part of the swap...

Wiring
              To prep the wiring harness, there's enough soldering to kill half your brain cells and plenty of work to stress out the survivors. Hasport also makes one that's plug-and-drive. If you go the easy way, you'll get a modified Accord harness and a separate subharness, which connects the unique VTEC guts to the H22 ECU. To tackle it yourself, get the two engines side by side, add a tasty beverage and get familiar with these mods.

·The oil pressure sender wire, while still using the Accord plug, gets extended 5 inches to reach the H22's sender.
              ·The electronic air control valve is located near the middle of the fuel rail on the H22 rather than near the throttle position sensor on the F22. To accommodate, the EACV plug and its yellow/black and blue/yellow wires get moved to the center of the injector harness.
              ·The vehicle speed sensor plug gets moved from the front to the back on the engine, near the O2 sensor plug. Same wires, different location to fit around the H22.
              ·Because the distributor is closer to the coil on the Accord vs. the H22, the coil, EGR, and fan switch circuits need lengthening. While on the EGR wires, change the connector from the Accord's 3 pin square connector to the Prelude's round one. You can keep the same pins, but swap out the plastic connector.
              ·The intake air temperature sender is located at the end of the intake manifold on the H22 vs. the middle of it on the F22. Extend its red/yellow and green/white wires to fit.
              · If your car didn't come with VTEC, you'll need to add the wiring for the air intake bypass (AIB), knock sensor, VTEC oil pressure sensor and VTEC solenoid. If your car was an EX, you will only need to add the wiring for the IAB and the knock sensor.
              ·The knock sensor circuit (red/blue), which isn't there on the stock F22, is added at the same break out as the oil pressure sending wire by using the pigtail from the Prelude harness. This wire connects to the subharness and then to ECU pin D3.
              ·The H22's AIB circuit that opens the short, high-rpm runners in the intake manifold also gets added by tapping the black/yellow wire from the H22's plug to the same color wire that goes to the distributor in the Accord's harness. This simply supplies power to the AIB solenoid. The pink signal wire goes from the AIB solenoid back to the subharness/ECU at pin A17.
              ·The VTEC oil pressure switch wiring will already exist on Accord EXs, but the rest of us need to add the circuit. The plug from the H22 and its light blue wire gets routed to pin D6 on the ECU. The black/red wire from the switch goes to ground.
              ·To hook up the VTEC solenoid, connect its green/yellow to pin A4 on the ECU.
              ·In a futile attempt to throw us off, Honda switched the EGR solenoid valve wire and the O2 sensor heater wire on the ECU's A connector (pins 6 and 11) on the Prelude as compared to the Accord. Swap these two pins in the under-dash connector and thank the engineers for their effort.
              Had One Never Did Again

Comment

Above post is for 5th gens, I would assume, due to the location of several components.
                Originally posted by sweet91accord
                if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

yes its for a 5th gen but some points are useable on 4th gens also
                  Had One Never Did Again

Comment

Browsing some Japanese websites and found some good information

Hey BustedLX, I got some transmission updates for you that gives detail on specific vehicles and years the different H22 transmissions were provided. This is a good way for members or anybody that wondered if their existing longblock is still mated to the original transmission... you know those JDM peepz be racing their H22s just like us so you never know...

This also has the listing for the not so common P2T4 transmissions some people get with their H22 swaps. If you manage to get one of those, you have a true H22A accord heart! Booo to the M2 series!

Prelude

Prelude 1992 BB1 Si VTEC 4WS M2A4
                    Prelude 1992 BB1 Si VTEC 4WS M2B4
                    Prelude 1992 BB4 Si VTEC M2A4
                    Prelude 1993 BB1 Si VTEC 4WS M2A4
                    Prelude 1993 BB1 Si VTEC 4WS M2B4
                    Prelude 1993 BB4 Si VTEC M2A4
                    Prelude 1994 BB1 Si VTEC 4WS M2A4
                    Prelude 1994 BB1 Si VTEC 4WS M2B4
                    Prelude 1994 BB4 Si VTEC M2A4
                    Prelude 1995 BB1 Si VTEC 4WS M2A4
                    Prelude 1995 BB1 Si VTEC 4WS M2B4
                    Prelude 1995 BB4 Si VTEC M2A4
                    Prelude 1996 BB1 Si VTEC 4WS M2A4
                    Prelude 1996 BB1 Si VTEC 4WS M2B4
                    Prelude 1996 BB4 Si VTEC M2A4

Prelude 1997 BB6 SiR M2S4
                    Prelude 1997 BB6 SiR M2T4
                    Prelude 1997 BB6 TYPE-S M2U4
                    Prelude 1997 BB8 SiR 4WS M2S4
                    Prelude 1998 BB6 SiR M2S4
                    Prelude 1998 BB6 SiR M2T4
                    Prelude 1998 BB6 TYPE-S M2U4
                    Prelude 1998 BB8 SiR 4WS M2S4
                    Prelude 1999 BB6 SiR S Spec M2Z4
                    Prelude 1999 BB6 TYPE-S M2U4
                    Prelude 2000 BB6 SiR S Spec M2Z4
                    Prelude 2000 BB6 TYPE-S M2U4

Accord

Accord 1994 CD6 SiR P2T4
                    Accord 1995 CD6 SiR P2T4
                    Accord 1996 CD6 SiR P2T4
                    Accord 1997 CD6 SiR P2T4
                    Accord/Torneo Euro-R T2W4

Accord Coupe Automatic
                    Accord 1994 CD8 SiR MP0A
                    Accord 1995 CD8 SiR MP0A
                    Accord 1996 CD8 SiR MP0A
                    Last edited by Warudakumi; 11-05-2007, 03:57 PM.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
                    JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
                    1994 Prelude V-Tec
                    1999 CL 3.0
                    2000 Prelude
                    2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
                    1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
                    1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
                    1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

Oh i'm trying to find information on the P2T4 gear ratios. What would be sweet if they come with short gearing like a Euro-R T2W4 and a gas saving 5th gear since it's a accord transmission..... updates soon as I find out more information.

I am the Yakuza CB7!

"The JDM Fleet"

1994 Prelude V-Tec
                      1999 CL 3.0
                      2000 Prelude

Comment

Originally posted by Warudakumi

This also has the listing for the not so common P2T4 transmissions some people get with their H22 swaps. If you manage to get one of those, you have a true H22A accord heart! Booo to the M2 series!
                        Mine came with the M2J5 tranny, 92-96 Prelude Si (JDM F22B)
                        not a true "H-series" tranny, but the gearing was kinda similar

M2J5 92-96 Prelude Si (JDM F22B) 3.307 1.810 1.269 0.966 0.787

M2A4 92-96 Prelude VTEC (JDM H22A w/o LSD) 3.307 1.950 1.160 1.034 0.787

M2B4 92-96 Prelude VTEC (JDM H22A w/ LSD) 3.307 1.950 1.360 1.034 0.787
                        Bean Town Crew Member #3
                        Lovin' the 6MT w/ Nav TL!
                        "They Aint the REAL McCOY!"

Comment

Originally posted by PHENOM
                          Mine came with the M2J5 tranny, 92-96 Prelude Si (JDM F22B)
                          not a true "H-series" tranny, but the gearing was kinda similar

M2J5 92-96 Prelude Si (JDM F22B) 3.307 1.810 1.269 0.966 0.787

M2A4 92-96 Prelude VTEC (JDM H22A w/o LSD) 3.307 1.950 1.160 1.034 0.787

M2B4 92-96 Prelude VTEC (JDM H22A w/ LSD) 3.307 1.950 1.360 1.034 0.787
                          Oh wow that is really similar! How is it on the freeway in 5th? What rpms are you sitting at around 65,80?

Do you happen to know whether the transmission has the same ratios as a h23? If I do swap my h22 back in, i thought about using a h23 or f22b transmission since most places sell them for only 250-300 which isn't that bad.

I am the Yakuza CB7!

"The JDM Fleet"

1994 Prelude V-Tec
                          1999 CL 3.0
                          2000 Prelude

Comment

Lots of good information on this thread.
                            My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

You also may want to list the m2j5 as the same fd as the Accord while the other two are not.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

QuEsTiOnS

Fuel Rail:
                                use whichever fuel rail works, the USDM f22 and h22 rails are the same, but JDM ones have the fuel fitting on the opposite side. Just use whatever works, and use the h22a's injectors and sensors... If your new motor is JDM, youll most likely need to reuse your old fuel rail.
                                mines has it on the opposite side (its a 97 H22). so I can use my F22 rail even though mines an OBD2?

Internal/External Coil Issues:
                                If your car came equipped with an internal coil then the JDM H22 distributor will plug right in no problem. However, if your car had external coil then you will have to modify one plug. The plug you will need to modify is the plug that went to the stock coil. There are is a yellow and a yellow/black wire, splice those 2 wires together. The Black/White wire is useless, don’t worry about it. If you dont want to cut the plug off and splice, jam a 30amp fuse into the end of the plug, making the connection between the two wires.

If your car is external coil and you wish to maintain the external coil you will need to open the JDM dizzy, remove the internal coil. Run the wire from the igniter that used to go to the internal coil out of the distributor and plug it into the blank spot on the distributor’s plug. That’s it. Use the 93-95 Prelude Vtec’s Distributor cap and rotor that you can pick-up and your local dealer or auto parts.

wow thats confusing me. so my 97 H22 dizzy came with an external one. so can I swap out some stuff from my 93 CB's external dissy? like the internals/cap/rotor?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                                01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                                93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                                93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Working...
                                X