Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for usdm, the fuel rail should be on the same side. Check your f22 and h22.
    The dizzy should just be direct install if you have 92/93 cb7. Those are external already.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

my h22 had the fuel rail hose on the wrong side and its usdm... 98 model though...luckaly i can use my aem fuel rail to solve this problem
      f22 dizzy wont work the mounts are diff ... if you want to keep ext coil get a h23a obd1 plugs are the same and mounts the same

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
      Originally posted by deevergote.
      But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

^^^ what if the dizzy looks the same. like my CBs dizzy was external & my 97 H22 is too. it also has 2 plugs like my accords engine had. can I cut/splice it to the CB harness im using?

one new question=the H I have has injectors with 2 wires each. just like the accords. can I just splice the H's injector pigtails to the accords harness? & what about the risistor box the accords use for the injectors? do I leave it unplugged?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Theres more than one sticky and youre still asking questions that have been very visibly answered in said stickies.

If you cant find an answer in this thread or http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=8873 then youre too drunk to read.
          To-Do List for Today
          Be Awesome

Comment

^^^ not very helpful. I Ive read many topics & stickies. if I saw the answers to my questions I wouldnt be asking this.

now I got some more questions

1st...
            what are these metal tubes for? they used to lead to a spot near the speed sensor on the auto tranny. theres also 2 hoses comming out of the radiator. what do I do with them all?

2nd...
            I tryed doing the whole drill & tap thing to my lude 5psd tranny. then I tryed using a CB 5spd mount but the tranny sits too far foward! one of my cbs mount arm is right over where the CB tranny mount would be. theres just no way to use the CB7 mount with my lude 5spd tranny. so what OEM mount can I use? (my CB was once A/T btw)

3rd...
            I read some where that I can use my CB7s fuel rail on my H22 with the H22 injectors. is this true? cuz the fuel rail that came with my H22 is on the drivers side instead of the pass side.

4th...
            my H22s injectors have 2 wires each (just like my F22 did). so can I just use the the H22 injector pigtails & tap them to the F22 harness that I have installed on the H?

5th...
            do I keep the fuel injector resistor if I use my H22 injectors? they have 2 wires each like the F22 did.

6th
            I took a closer look at the H22s external dizzy. one plug has 2 wires just like the F22 external dizzy does. the other plug has 4. on the F22 this plug has 8.
            so can I just cut & splice the F22 harnesses plugs onto the H22s dizzy plugs? or can I just swap out the interior components of the H22s external dizzy with the F22s external one??

these are the last things I need to get my CB up & runing again!

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Harness ?

I probably know the answer to this, but I have the wire harness for the h22. Can I just use this? Or do I have no choice but to modify the CB harness? Without having matched plug for plug, it looks like the Accord has more plugs.
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2418752

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Fanatic View Post
                I probably know the answer to this, but I have the wire harness for the h22. Can I just use this? Or do I have no choice but to modify the CB harness? Without having matched plug for plug, it looks like the Accord has more plugs.

i think everything matches up on the stock harness, i could be wrong though
                UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

Originally posted by 1990Ex View Post
                  i think everything matches up on the stock harness, i could be wrong though
                  What do you mean "stock harness"? h22 stock harness or f22 stock harness? Like I said, it looks like there are additional plugs on the drivers side of the f22 harness that the h22 harness doesn't have. I haven't looked at it very closely though.

Comment

Wiring Mess

OK. Unable to get an answer, I assume that I'll use the Accord harness on the H22 (and use parts of the H22 harness?). I know that there are many how-to's for the re-wiring. The problem is that none of them have pictures and the colors for the wires aren't matching up on my harness. Also, since everything I see says that you need the H22 harness, I assume that I will use parts from it. I haven't seen anything like "cut this connector off and attach this wire to this wire and that wire to that wire". What the hell?!? I'm very frustrated and desperately need to get this car started this weekend. Any help or links to existing threads would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

OK. Unable to get an answer, I assume that I'll use the Accord harness on the H22 (and use parts of the H22 harness?). I know that there are many how-to's for the re-wiring. The problem is that none of them have pictures and the colors for the wires aren't matching up on my harness. Also, since everything I see says that you need the H22 harness, I assume that I will use parts from it. I haven't seen anything like "cut this connector off and attach this wire to this wire and that wire to that wire". What the hell?!? I'm very frustrated and desperately need to get this car started this weekend. Any help or links to existing threads would be greatly appreciated.
                      OK. Unable to get an answer, I assume that I'll use the Accord harness on the H22 (and use parts of the H22 harness?)
                      YOU answered your own question
                      it's real easy bro,just follow that method

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

You really don't need any parts off the H22 harness, except the connectors for the AIB? the VTEC solenoid and pressure switch, etc.
                        Its all in the FAQ. Keep reading it till it starts to make sence. I read it at least 20 times before I did my swap.

My swap thread
                        Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

I can understand having some major questions going into this swap but believe me, if you read and search on this forum and hondatech you will have 99.9% of your questions answered if not all. Most of the answers are just common sense when you stop and think about them.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Need Some H22A Swap Help!

Guys,

As some of you may know, some of the SOCAL guys hepled me install an H22A with Auto LSD into my CB. They did a great job helping me put it in, but now it's time to get it running. Here are some problems that I am running across:

1. Radiator fan is not comming on.
                            2. CEL is on
                            3. Idle is at about 2300 RPM's

Here's what I've got hooked up and what I can't figure out:

HOOKED UP:

1. VTEC Solenoid- Connected to Pin A4 on ECU.
                            2. Knock Sensor- Pin D3

CAN'T FIGURE OUT:

1. VTEC Pressure Switch: Supposed to go to Pin D6 on ECU, however there are 2 wires on that plug. Is one a ground?
                            2. Secondary Intake Solenoid: Supposed to connect black/yellow to swiched ignition, the other wire to Pin A10. WHERE THE FUCK IS THIS THING?
                            3. FPR Solenoid: WTF? Do I even have this? My Accord is an SE.

ITEMS THAT CAME OFF MY F22A6:

1. EGR Valve
                            2. Upper Radiator Hose Neck
                            3. Alternator
                            4. Fuel Rail/Pressure Regulator (AEM)

HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If imitation is the best form of flattery............thanks for kissing my ass.

Comment

Make sure you dont have any plugs confused. Some people sometimes get the temp sensor confused with the EGR or something like that. Either way they look similar.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

1. like nail said, people often confuse coolant temp sensor (aka radiator fan switch) plugs with other plugs nearby. double check that for the sensor on the t-stat housing is the green plug with black and blue wires. otherwise, are you sure you plugged the fans back in?

2. CEL is on - so pull the code, itll tell you what it means all on its own :P might even tell you which of the plugs you have mixed up with the fan switch lol

3. your throttle cable is probably too tight, try unhooking it from the rotor and start the car again. this was an issue with EX accords having a shorter cable...

1. vtec pressure switch - ground the second wire, just attach a ring terminal and hook it to the ground on the thermostat. it doesnt matter which wires of the two you use, it would work either way.

2. secondary intake solenoid = IAB = the black control box that makes the intake butterflies open. you might need to salvage this off the underside of your f22a6 intake manifold. but for the wiring one pin to the ECU, the other pin to +12v ignition (you can tap off a black/yellow wire on the distributor plug). you may not even have to wire this up on your own, it would actually still be part of your engine wiring harness... so you may be good to go already.

3. no you do not have an FPR solenoid, disregard this

good luck.
                                Originally posted by R33cb7 View Post
                                Guys,

As some of you may know, some of the SOCAL guys hepled me install an H22A with Auto LSD into my CB. They did a great job helping me put it in, but now it's time to get it running. Here are some problems that I am running across:

1. Radiator fan is not comming on.
                                2. CEL is on
                                3. Idle is at about 2300 RPM's

Here's what I've got hooked up and what I can't figure out:

HOOKED UP:

1. VTEC Solenoid- Connected to Pin A4 on ECU.
                                2. Knock Sensor- Pin D3

CAN'T FIGURE OUT:

1. VTEC Pressure Switch: Supposed to go to Pin D6 on ECU, however there are 2 wires on that plug. Is one a ground?
                                2. Secondary Intake Solenoid: Supposed to connect black/yellow to swiched ignition, the other wire to Pin A10. WHERE THE FUCK IS THIS THING?
                                3. FPR Solenoid: WTF? Do I even have this? My Accord is an SE.

ITEMS THAT CAME OFF MY F22A6:

1. EGR Valve
                                2. Upper Radiator Hose Neck
                                3. Alternator
                                4. Fuel Rail/Pressure Regulator (AEM)

HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Last edited by cp[mike]; 10-24-2008, 10:26 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                                Current cars:
                                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
                                X