Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by verothacamaro View Post
    Almost looks like the Mercedes R-Class
    DUDE Deev you should mod it too look like one...that would be awesome.
    ____

Comment

imo, they look like butt... BUT if i was to ever get a 2nd car, i would probably get one. go figure

cant deny the quality of honda, and great mileage. sure as fuck beats a yaris.

Comment

Hell yeah! Though the Yaris comes in 2 door... which is kinda cool. Though I saw a big dude in a Yaris yesterday, and he just looked stupid.

The Fit isn't the greatest looking, though it's growing on me. Of all the dinky Japanese cars out there, I'd have to say it's the best looking of the bunch. The Yaris looks like a Daewoo, the Aveo IS a Daewoo, the Versa is ok... probably my next favorite...

Comment

Cool! I wouldn't mind one of these, although there seems to be a lot around... which is a good thing in a way I suppose.

The first on my list is a 2004+ Civic Si-R hatchback....HARD to find around here

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

nice deev.

i can tell you lost alot of weight...

Comment

Mr. Deever Approves!

miss my turbo cb7
              moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

I like it Deev. The Sport would have still been a bit better.
                We were suppose to talk to Sam remember

Anyways, i knwo you said you can always get the Sport lip and stuff...
                Well, its not going to be that easy.
                The Sport model have different front and rear bumpers
                Only thing you can get is a wing.

Sport is top . Base is bottom.

Comment

Nice speedo. Time to get some hubcap spinners.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                    Yeah, I passed a Prius today, and it was covered in "I'm so great because I drive a hybrid" stickers. I thought to myself... they're getting a few more MPG than me, but their batteries are going to have to be replaced at some point... and that's not cheap at all! Then those old batteries are going to have to be disposed of... and there's no real eco-friendly way to do that yet. My car is better for the environment Take into account the higher cost of maintaining a hybrid, and the higher initial purchase price, it's going to take me quite a while to spend more than I would in a hybrid with my less efficient car.
                    Most hybrids take around 50-100K miles just to break even against their gas powered counterparts, and that is figured at $3 gas. Obviously, the higher gas prices climb, the less mileage necessary to recoup the costs. The problem though is that that is vs a car with "normal" mileage. Something like a Prius, with its real world MPG (40-43) vs a Fit that is getting 40MPG or just less, it would take FOREVER to make that money back.

Let's see, by my calculations you would save about $600 over 100K at $3 per gallon. Considering that the real world premium on a hybrid is usually at least several $K beyond the cost of the equivalent gas car, you are looking at something like 200-300K to even break even on the extra cost. At $4 per gallon, you would save about $700. It is highly unlikely that you would ever recoup that extra cost, especially when you consider that the Fit Sport is about $17K ($19 with nav) and the Prius is much closer to $30K. By the time you even got close to making the difference, the batteries would have probably been replaced several times, which could get REALLY expensive.

Even though the ultra-liberal hippy crowd would have you believe that hybrids are the solution to all of the worlds problems, they really haven't thought things through, as cars like the Fit make much more sense both financially and environmentally. It really is a fashion statement.

It is highly possible that if the new Insight sells for just over $20K like is predicted, it could heavily change that dynamic, but as is, the next most promising technology is hydrogen, bar none, hands down.
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

ive considered a FIT but for the price.... 15k... i was thinking more of the lines of a used 2004 s2000 suzuka blue

Comment

Check this out if you haven't seen it Deev. Prius are evil.
                        http://clubs.ccsu.edu/Recorder/edito...asp?NewsID=188
                        Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                        Project 240SX
                        Originally posted by chillin943
                        anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                        Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

I've seen one with the 08 civic hybrid wheels, and it looked freakin sweet. I'm glad you got white. that or the black looks best. IMO
                          "Self Renewed"

Comment

my dad just saw these pictures and recognized the car. He said he towed one that was in an accident. Story goes that a beemer rear ended it going eighty mph and now the driver of the fit was in the hospital with the rear bumper lodged in the dash board.

FIT IS GO!

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                            Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                            NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
                              I like it Deev. The Sport would have still been a bit better.
                              We were suppose to talk to Sam remember

Anyways, i knwo you said you can always get the Sport lip and stuff...
                              Well, its not going to be that easy.
                              The Sport model have different front and rear bumpers
                              Only thing you can get is a wing.

Sport is top . Base is bottom.
                              Damn. I'll just have to wait until I find a dumbass that got the Sport model, and then got a bodykit for it... and take his bumpers! The older model had a bolt-on lip kit. I was checking Nick's out a little while ago.

As for Sam... I needed the car ASAP, which is why I went all the way to West Chester to get it! Burns had nothing for me, and the salesman I talked to REALLY pissed me off (not Gersh, but another guy that called me). I told him what I wanted, and he made no effort to accommodate me. No offer to do a dealer trade, or try to find one. No offer to order one. Just said "nope, sorry... they're in high demand so the price won't be low, and we don't have any of those." Then he tried to sell me a used car, which I had already explained my reasons for why I didn't want to go that route!

Originally posted by lil_dcb7 View Post
                              my dad just saw these pictures and recognized the car. He said he towed one that was in an accident. Story goes that a beemer rear ended it going eighty mph and now the driver of the fit was in the hospital with the rear bumper lodged in the dash board.

FIT IS GO!
                              Nice! Bumper lodged in the dashboard and the driver lived! That's how it should be!

I have a small rock chip on my windshield, and a couple chips in the hood... nothing that I can't fix. So far, after nearly 5,500 miles, it's doing pretty good!

Comment

Deev, please boost the hell out of it. Nothing like a tiny squirrely looking thing blasting down the street!

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                                Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                                NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Working...
                                X