H22 vs F22 tranny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 vs F22 tranny

I know that many people (well, practically everyone) prefer the h22 tranny to the f22 becuase of the shorter gears and LSD, ect. But, ive heard of people keeping the f22 for cars that are boosted so they can longer gears and stay in boost longer. Is it really a advantage to use the f22 instead of h22 if your car is boosted. Would your car have to be seeing some major HP to make the f22 more practical than the other?

Don't know about when boosted! I prefer my H22 tranny anyday over the F22 tranny as far as all motor. I have not seen any impressive ET from boosted H22's w/F22 trannys. However, it doesn't mean much just because I haven't seen any. My 2 cents.
    600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

1 allows you to stay in boost longer the other was more geared for racing ill take the one for racing cause from what i heard the gas mileage goes straight to hell using the f tranny than the h but i could be wrong you know.

Comment

why would the f tranny kill the gas? If anything I thought it would be the h tranny, because you have shorter gears meaning you will cruise at like 4500 rpm everywhere.
        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Talk to Carlos (accordsir,) he is running a boosted H22 with a F22 transmission.

As for gas consumption, as long as the motor is tuned, it shouldnt make that big of a difference.

Comment

H23 is another option, don't forget and has similar gear ratios from 1-4th gear and 5th is not as bad as the H22 for highway cruisers.
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
              H23 is another option, don't forget and has similar gear ratios from 1-4th gear and 5th is not as bad as the H22 for highway cruisers.
              lsd isnt a option with h23's right....

JDMED

buy my jdm part
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

If your NA use the h22 tranny, has gearing is shorter. If your FI I recommend the f22 tranny, do to the taller gearing. I know cause I used my h22 tranny when I first went forced fed. You run through the gears way to fast. Hey thats great if your going to be at the track all day long. But if its a daily driver then you want the taller gearing. You will benifit if stay in boost longer. As for your gas mileage. That all depends on your driving habits and the tuning.
                Carlos
                My Members Ride Page

Comment

Whats up Accord SIR,

Are you suggesting that with an F22 tranny you will most likely have a stronger top end under boost due to the gearing?

Comment

for those with h22 tranny, what rpm is it at cruising at 60mph

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

I don't know! I seldom cruise at 60 mph. I'm getteing ready to go out and I'll check it out.

Comment

yah same here, but its just a decent baseline for testing gearing, thanks.

Comment

@ 65 mph im at 3000 rpm.

Comment

2350 rpm's cruising at 60mph in 5th gear w/H22 tranny.

Comment

pretty low nice,

Comment

Working...
                              X