No announcement yet.

Sunroof problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can get a whole new assembly (used) for $50, seems a shame to just stick plexiglass in when you'd have to take the whole assembly out anyway.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I think i need new tracks on it,there's a ton of slop in the sunroof,i almost got it closed the other day,itll get like 1/2in from closed then slide back. That was with a 5mm hex key,the switch has power until you press a button
      Follow me on IG to see my builds/pics
      dmfb919

Comment

On all 3 of the sunroof frames I have taken out now, all the of the nuts holding the tracks in the rear were loose. I can see this causing you some issues with it closing. Also the gear gets a ton of worn out rubber packed into it. If you remove the frame you can undo the bolts that hold in the "screws" that move the window frame back and forth. Once this pops off a ton of packed in rubber should fall out. Sorry I can't describe this better.
        MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Is there a writeup on what i need to do to get my sunroof and frame out or is it pretty straight forward? I'm gonna give it a shot when i get home,i just wanted to check with someone that has knowledge on it before i break mine lol
          dmfb919

Comment

Just be very careful taking the headliner out of the car. I broke the tabs off on the rear that support it to the roof. I ended up using Gorilla Glue Epoxy to reattach them and haven't had an issue. Just something to be aware of. Otherwise to remove the sunroof it's just an electrical plug and 10x 6mm bolts.
            MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

My headliner is already trashed anyway lol but right on man,thanks!
              dmfb919

Comment

Working...
              X