What front brake pads fit 92 ex coupe with Akebono

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What front brake pads fit 92 ex coupe with Akebono

I got a 92 ex coupe with Akebono calipers. I am told by EBC directly they have no pads for these. I ordered some hawk hps pads a while back and they were for wagon and didn't fit. I can only find rear pads from rear hawk and ebc. No front ones from either company. I think it is possible they are confused cause coupe came with different model calipers on front(nissin or Akebono). I think the ex sedan model pads would fit but am not sure. Does anyone know about this. What would be another top quality pads i can get for front Akebono calipers. Do i have to use Akebono pads itself?

Brake Performance

I'm using a set of these on the front. Granted they are for a '99 CL for the ROH upgrade. I also have a set of these on a 2nd gen TL all 4 corners, and on a '09 Pilot all 4 corners. Haven't had an issue out of any of them. They are all dimpled and slotted, the set on the Accord has been on it for 5 years now, and driven very hard.

Not sure which calipers they are for though, as they aren't differentiating on the site between Nissin and Akebono, you could always call and ask.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

If all else fails, they are still available from Honda.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
        If all else fails, they are still available from Honda.
        I see alot of people on here using hawk & ebc. Does no one have front Akebeno calipers. Aren't the sedans the exact same.

Comment

I have Akebono calipers on the front of my 90 Sedan. Pretty sure Nissin on my 92 EX coupe.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
            I have Akebono calipers on the front of my 90 Sedan. Pretty sure Nissin on my 92 EX coupe.
            That's weird as i looked up different years and it shows Akebono's were used on 93 but 91,92's were nissin. So do you use hawk or ebc pads. That's really why i am asking all this. I really want some hawk or ebc pads on front but manufacturer sais they don't make for 92 coupe. Just the wagon. I might just get some premium akebono pads instead just to make it simple.

Comment

Originally posted by zedjr10 View Post
              That's weird as i looked up different years and it shows Akebono's were used on 93 but 91,92's were nissin. So do you use hawk or ebc pads. That's really why i am asking all this. I really want some hawk or ebc pads on front but manufacturer sais they don't make for 92 coupe. Just the wagon. I might just get some premium akebono pads instead just to make it simple.
              As I kinda implied earlier, I use OEM pads.

Comment

i got akebono premiums. Strange they tell me akebonos weren't on until 93 at some stores and others have the option. AM pretty sure they are akebonos. Just see a radiation or yen yang type symbol. 40 bucks and oreillys wanted over 60. Same exact thing. I also got the ps and ac belts for half the price than at oreilly's. Again same exact belts(Gates). Gosh part stores are a ripoff unless u need something today.

Comment

Working...
                X