CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner "Off Topic"

Old 11-24-2017, 09:48 AM   #1
NolsAccord_CC1
Newcomer

NolsAccord_CC1 is cool... so far.
New member from Europe saying hi

Hi everyone,

My name is Niels and I’m from Belgium.

Here’s my car history:

After getting my license, I bought a 96 civic 1.4. I owned this car for 4 years and had one hell of a time with it. The only mods where a Phoenix Gold amp, PG woofer and Earthquake speakers.

After an accident I got rid of it and got a auto ’00 Accord coupe 2.0.. Of course the amp, woofer etc. was installed in this car. I lowered it on Sprint springs and Koni yellows. It had 18inch wheels, front upper strut bar and a Hayame catback.I loved the torque it made over the 1.4 civic and I started to get interested into modifying the engine. I spent many hours on here reading about the F series, but never registrated, and never tuned my motor. I owned this car for 11 years and loved everything about it.

I sold it because we needed a bigger daily. We got a 2009 Accord Tourer, basically the same as a Acura TSX wagon.

I have been looking for a project car and I found a manual ‘92 accord coupe 2.0. It was the exact same car I wanted to buy 2 years ago but the engine had oil leaks and was way to expensive. So I didn’t bought it.

The new owner had it for sale for 1200€ but it didn’t run and had been sitting in his driveway for 1,5 years. Basically it was worth nothing so I talked him down to 600€, put it on a trailer and took it home. After a new battery and distributor coil, it was running.

After a good clean it turns out the exterior is in fairly good shape. Some rust on the rear arches, some small dents and scratches but nothing bad. The interior is very clean. This car’s chassis code is CC1, the engine is a F20a7 and has 170 000km.

So far I changed the oil and filters. Set the valves. Measured compression. Put in a new clutch master and slave cylinder + fluid. New cooling fluid + temp sensor + temp gauge sender. And to start the project off some BC racing coilovers.

I am looking forward to learning a lot more about these cars.

This is the car with the coilovers on the lowest settings

Last edited by NolsAccord_CC1; 11-24-2017 at 09:57 AM.
NolsAccord_CC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 08:42 AM   #2
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Welcome! I think you’re our first member from Belgium.

The car looks good. You got a good deal on it. That rear wheel arch rust can be a pain, though. It spreads rapidly, and can be expensive to fix. If you plan on fixing it, sooner is better than later!

The f20a7 is a pretty good engine to start with. 133hp is respectable. Are engine swaps allowed where you live? The H22A engine absolutely transforms these cars.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 09:21 AM   #3
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

NH-503P-3 is cool... so far.
Yeah, thatís a nice score. Good looking color too.
NH-503P-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 11:35 AM   #4
NolsAccord_CC1
Newcomer

Thx guys.

I definitly want to fix the rust and repaint the whole car but I wanted to do it after all mechanical work is done. A previous owner did a shitty bondo job and its already coming back so I may reconsider.
Can you still buy these arches?
The color is B54P-3. Was this color never sold in the US?

I have been reading about the H swap but I really like the F series. My dream would be an F build with the power of a H22. I have been looking for a f23z5 from a 01Accord type V or a cb parts car with a F22a7. Both are 9.8:1 compression.

With the coilovers on there lowest, the car wasn't really driveable around here. So I raised it 2,5cm in the front and 3,2 in the back. I will slowly go lower as my conference grows.

Here are a few more pics from before I raised it again:

Old 11-25-2017, 03:34 PM   #5
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
I believe you can still buy the arches.

The color is Cobalt Blue. We have it here in the US, but it’s one of the less common colors. I always liked it.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 10:58 PM   #6
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

That cobalt blue is bomb. I really like that color too. Iíd like to find a 4 door in that color.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:49 AM   #7
excalibur02
Wanna be JDM whore

Location: north new jersey Owns: Turbo cb6 & NA cb7 I'm: NJs 5-lug King ;-0
excalibur02 seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to excalibur02
Welcome! Cobalt blue coupe isnt common in the US. Car looks great

Instagram username MAURO02

If my pictures do not work and you see ****.com replace it with m1xe.com
excalibur02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:53 PM   #8
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Itís interesting how that car looks like it just uses the sedan rear tail lights since the license panel is wider for the elongated euro plates. It looks like that car has the flat molding Iíd love to have also! Damn, that car has serious potential.
Old 01-07-2018, 01:50 PM   #9
HenRoc
Black Thunder

HenRoc seems to have made some friends! HenRoc seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to HenRoc
Good to see more of the Euro guys show up. From what I read the coupes are pretty rare to come across over there.

Isnt that coupe techinically a CC1?
1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video
HenRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 04:25 PM   #10
bseballkid1990
CB7tuner Member

bseballkid1990 is cool... so far.
That's really cool. The rear plate looks so much better than ours.
bseballkid1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:28 AM   #11
greentones
Newcomer

greentones is cool... so far.
Greetings from a newbie from the Sin City!
greentones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:07 AM   #12
NolsAccord_CC1
Newcomer

Thx guys. It's nice to see there's still interest in these cars.

The coupes (yes its a CC1)are rare indeed. I have seen about 3 for sale in Belgium in about 3+ years of searching. You can find some in Germany or France if you're lucky but I have only seen '93 models. I don't think 90-91 coupes where ever sold here.
I have been looking for a '92 because they became 25 years old last year, so I could register it as a oldtimer. This means no/less inspection, emission control etc. This allows for more tuning freedom and possibly a stealthy engine swap.
Last year it was widely rumoured that from the 1st of january cars would have to be 30+ years old to be registered as a oldtimer so I bought the first 92 I found.

NH-503P-3: which molding are you talking about?
Old 01-19-2018, 09:56 AM   #13
NolsAccord_CC1
Newcomer

For now, I haven't got a lot of time for this car because I got a lot to do in and around the house and we have a little baby, so updates will be slow coming. But I hope to have most projects done by next year and that's when I really want to take my time to make some progress on this car. So I have plenty of time to do my research and plan this build.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:31 AM   #14
greentones
Newcomer

greentones is cool... so far.
Can't wait to see how it turns out.
greentones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:38 PM   #15
JDMDriver
CB7tuner Member

JDMDriver is cool... so far.
Welcome to the forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolsAccord_CC1 View Post
Thx guys. It's nice to see there's still interest in these cars.
Sure is! I have a feeling these cars have more potential in lasting longer than newer cars because of the way newer cars are designed (no dipstick, sealed transmissions, harder to refill and service etc)

Quote:
I have seen about 3 for sale in Belgium in about 3+ years of searching. You can find some in Germany or France if you're lucky but I have only seen '93 models. I don't think 90-91 coupes where ever sold here.

It is great to know these cars still exits in that continent and European owners are still coming on board!

Quote:
I have been looking for a '92 because they became 25 years old last year, so I could register it as a oldtimer. This means no/less inspection, emission control etc. This allows for more tuning freedom and possibly a stealthy engine swap.
Last year it was widely rumoured that from the 1st of january cars would have to be 30+ years old to be registered as a oldtimer so I bought the first 92 I found.
Australia is already at that 30 year mark before it becomes a classic car

New Zealand are in the 40 year mark! Closer to your death bed (60's) before you can enjoy a car you fell in loved with when you were in your 20's (usual age when you can afford your first good car). Fall in love with a car in your 40's no chance.

Prelude 91 - AUD - Si - 4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl

Prelude 91 - JDM - Si - 4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red

CR-X Delsol 92 - JDM - SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver

CR-X Delsol 95 - JDM - SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver

Accord 92 - JDM - 2.0 Si - "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl

Prelude 91 - AUD - Si - 4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl

Prelude 91 - AUD - Si - 4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

CR-X 88 - JDM - Si - Black
JDMDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:44 PM   #16
JDMDriver
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
I believe you can still buy the arches.

The color is Cobalt Blue. We have it here in the US, but it’s one of the less common colors. I always liked it.
Yes, I love that colour also. It has a pearl effect whereby it looks like black in the shade and metalic deep blue in direct sunlight. Surprising that at that age Honda was already painting with Pearl effect.

I have at least 2 Accords now in that colour and recently a 91 Prelude in that colour.

Old 01-25-2018, 10:52 PM   #17
JDMDriver
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
For now, I haven't got a lot of time for this car because I got a lot to do in and around the house and we have a little baby, so updates will be slow coming. But I hope to have most projects done by next year and that's when I really want to take my time to make some progress on this car. So I have plenty of time to do my research and plan this build.
Only my suggestion, as you are an owner of an old car and a rare old car at that (being a coupe) I would just restore and maintain it as oem as possible.

Use the time and available funds on getting back up replacement parts (tail lights, head lights, door handles, bumpers etc) to ensure longevity of your car.

I personally would not want to invest so much in modifying my car only to have a minor accident or suffer a normal wear item that should be fixable easily but now need to wait indefinitely because the replacement part is hard to come by. Eg. turn signal lens, door mirror, window master switch, front grill etc.

In short i advise you to hoard parts as first priority... lol.. My advise only.

Last edited by JDMDriver; 01-25-2018 at 10:55 PM.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:06 PM   #18
NolsAccord_CC1
Newcomer

I have to say that the paint and the interior are growing on me. I am looking for a parts car and used parts. Thx for the advise.
It's hard thinking about my car and what i want to do with it but not having much time to work on it.
Old 02-24-2018, 02:27 PM   #19
NolsAccord_CC1
Newcomer

A few days ago my garage bought a 91 4door for some parts they needed for a customer. So i went there looking for a gauge cluster (mine is burnt) but it had 2 connectors that are not the same as on my car. It doesn't have abs and srs and mine does.
This car was pretty much gone so didn't find much. Took some parts though:

Does anyone know if its possible to put the chrome brackets on my sunvisors?

I also bought a used intake and a upper part of a exhaust manifold today:
Old 02-24-2018, 08:09 PM   #20
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Those sun visors look like what a DX model would have here in the US. I can pull some way nicer ones with vanity mirrors in them. Shipping small items to Europe canít be that bad. PM me if ya need some goodies US guys like me come across every week. Love the coupe. Every time I see this thread. Also the flat molding Iím referring to is the side fender, door & quarter moldings. In the US we have some crap that pokes out further. Itís not flat across the width like your is.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: