Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Scolirk : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scolirk : 1990 Accord LX

Bought my first Accord a little over a month ago. I've driven plenty of older Hondas prior to this one, most recently I was driving a 1992 Acura Vigor, and before that a 1987 Civic Wagon.

As for this Accord, I haven't done much to the car, just took off the hubcaps this week in favour of the centre caps I found at a wrecker. My style for cars is more focused on keeping it as OEM/clean as possible. I've never been a fan of modding the exterior of a vehicle, but I'm thinking about doing a little to this ride.

As it stands, this is a 1990 Accord LX, 206,000kms on the original engine and body. There's approximately 100,000kms on the transmission. The car is completely factory aside from a stereo, amp & 1000W sub the previous owner installed.

Future Plans

Interior
    New deck, possibly AppRadio if it works with the existing sub & amp

Exterior
    OEM Honda Rims
    OEM Fog Lights
    Re-paint LX bumpers
    Repair jamming driver's window
    Repair A/C
    Last edited by Scolirk; 10-08-2012, 12:45 PM.

Nice! very clean car

Comment

Welcome aboard..Great looking sedan you have . I really like the black door handles its a nice touch with the trim. Clean for sure .

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Wow, super clean sedan. Great to have another Canadian aboard.

We coincidentally share the same licence plate numbers. 647.

With just a few subtle mods, it's easy to make these cars look super slick.

Wait...WTF...when did Ontario start getting French slogans on the plates??

And wait a sec...you have an LX with painted bumpers and AC???
        Last edited by crazymikey; 10-06-2012, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post

Ontario added the french plates in 2008 actually, luck for me the Service Ontario office in Streetsville had one set left when I went to get them. It was either that or re-plate my 83 Crown Vic plates I had kept.

The previous owner's father owned a collision centre, and had the bumpers painted to match the factory colour. Unfortunately the rear bumper paint is peeling around the black trim, so I'm going to need to have that fixed. The first owner must have had the A/C as well as cruise control added by the factory, but other than that this is a fully fledged LX, crank windows and manual locks in all :P

Comment

I have an LX with painted bumpers and a/c lol...

OP.. Nice car. Clean....

Comment

Ah, that explains the bumpers then. I have an LX too, but I got my bumpers from an EX-R. I've seen a couple LX's with cruise, but none with AC.

Comment

I hope the car actually does have A/C, you're starting to worry me :P Maybe the previous owner just put the A/C button in and said the gas leaked out to get more out of the sale. I need to get it fixed either way before the summer.

Comment

If you look under your alternator, there will be a large belt driven compressor, and you'll also have some hoses running between your exhaust manifold and the radiator.

This is my LX without AC or cruise. Tons of room in there to get in and walk around:

This is what an AC equipped car will look like. Note the hoses between the exhaust manifold heat shield and the radiator

Also, what does your climate control panel look like? Do you have the single fan speed knob, with the slider controls for the temp/vent settings, or do you have the push button vent controls and the 2 knobs for fan/temp?

Comment

Oh yeah, I've definitely got A/C then haha. I'll admit I'm new to working on the Hondas. I didn't do much with my dad's 87 wagon before it bit the dust. I did some work originally on my 1983 LTD Crown Victoria... talk about being able to walk around inside the engine bay, I could host football games in it!

Comment

Well that's the first LX I've seen with AC then. Must have been a dealer installed thing then.

Our model designations confuse the Americans on here.

Canadian cars are labelled LX (base), EX (mid range), EX-R (top of the line), SE (Special Edition, 1991 sedan, 1993 sedan/coupe)

American cars are DX (base), LX (mid range), EX (top of the line), SE.

Comment

This is the reason I have to vacuum my car on a regular basis.

Comment

I know any easy fix for that. Don't put your dog in the car.

Sorry, I work as a detailer. I despise people that have animals in their vehicles.

Though he is just too damn cute lol.

Comment

nice car...keep up the good work
                            VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
                            1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
                            MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

I know any easy fix for that. Don't put your dog in the car.

Sorry, I work as a detailer. I despise people that have animals in their vehicles.

Though he is just too damn cute lol.
                              I don't like having them in the car either TBH :P But sometimes it's nice to bring the one along for a quick ride. We have three in total, and they make a huge mess of the car when we really need to take them. This is why I wanted a CB9 so I could put them in the trunk, but my GF has some sort of issue with them.

Anyway, we went for a little road trip out here in Niagara and I took a quick shot. I really need a car wash.

Comment

Working...
                              X