Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Craigslist Turbo, will it fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craigslist Turbo, will it fit?

My cousin linked me this turbo in the area, I've heard DSM manifolds will bolt up to the F22A, not sure if that's true?

For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

It’ll fit. Gotta make the bolt holes on the head flange bigger and shave the block to fit the turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
      It’ll fit. Gotta make the bolt holes on the head flange bigger and shave the block to fit the turbo.
      This is all accurate. You have to basically get rid of the where the front mount bolts. You will also need the j- pipe that bolts to the compressor. 16gs are fun little turbos. Spoil up super fast. I’ll see if I can find any pics of my eco 3 16g set up ran almost 10 years ago. Is that $200 for just the turbo?
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

There should be quite a few posts about the “dsm turbo setup” on here from about a decade ago. At least two guys were known for selling nearly complete kits that they pieced together, even.

Just remember, adequate fueling and careful tuning are absolutely necessary. If you don’t plan on upgrading the engine internals, be prepared to break a ring land.

Comment

Thread title made me think this was a YouTube video. It fits the mold of the younger builders on there to a T.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
            Thread title made me think this was a YouTube video. It fits the mold of the younger builders on there to a T.
            Ha! Kids these days.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Also, I moved this thread to the appropriate section.
              Please don’t poop in my fridge.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Also, I moved this thread to the appropriate section.
                Please don’t poop in my fridge.
                Sorry about that Deevergote, wasn't sure where to post it.

Thanks for the input guys, I eventually want to boost one of my F22s. I've heard a lot of talk about DSM turbos fitting Hondas and such but never really got a clear answer. I want to boost stock internals but I've heard a lot as well about ring lands closing up under boost. I'm just going to have to build me a F for turbo setup. Basically I'm just trying to gather information for building in the future.
                For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

Raceeng.com is your friend for internals. You’ll probably want a machine shop to prep your block as well. Can’t hurt to find a good one now and ask them some questions. A good machinist will have a wealth of information to share. They also won’t be cheap... but a $2500 engine that works is better than an $800 paperweight! Don’t cut corners on anything unless you’re willing to risk losing it all.

Comment

If you need visual proof dsm setup works go to page 3 of my members thread. But if your going to build the f series then I would not even consider the dsm setup. I would go t3/t4 and get a better manifold. Blake is building a custom one for me and he is looking to make a couple more, if the interest is there FYI.
                    Last edited by Grumpys93; 11-14-2018, 05:56 PM.
                    ~Nick~
                    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Blake’s work is top notch. I drool over his pictures daily.

Comment

Working...
                      X