Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

kenwood deck cuts out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kenwood deck cuts out

i wired up my kenwood deck with all the coordinating colors red to red yellow to yellow etc. but it wouldnt turn on then i rewired switching yellow and red wires. and presets always reset once i turn my car off.

also my deck cuts out too, seems like it constantly does it when the deck itself gets too hot. i have aftermarket speakers.

soo...my friend suggested rewiring the red wire to the battery and the yellow to the fusebox? hes not quite sure which one. and he also said i should mabe run a 4 channel or 2 channel amp for my speakers because the deck is overheating.

i personally have no idea what to do with this type of situation can anyone help out?

Well in most aftermarket cases, the Yellow wire goes to the battery, and if your amp was too powerful for your stereo it would burn up your remote wire(ive never seen this happen). Red is the accesory wire, which means IT controls your presets and whatnot...

Not perfect but I hope it works for you man.

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
    White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

Originally posted by 91_CB7_Sedan View Post
      Well in most aftermarket cases, the Yellow wire goes to the battery, and if your amp was too powerful for your stereo it would burn up your remote wire(ive never seen this happen). Red is the accesory wire, which means IT controls your presets and whatnot...

Not perfect but I hope it works for you man.
      X2

make sure it has a good ground connection.

Comment

Originally posted by 90_ACCORD View Post
        X2

make sure it has a good ground connection.
        Yes check your ground. What people dont understand is not only do you need a positive 12v . But you also need a negative 12v for it all to work.
        Bisi Built. The Only Way to Go!

Comment

what model kenwood do u have? u should let us noe what u have and who what when n where u got it hooked up a lil info on ur part gets an answer faster. BTW I have the KDC-mp238 it used to cut off on me but i took everthing back out solder every wire and its a champ now, I also run alpine type S all around. Goodluck and try that.
          clicky the siggy!!!

ARCADIA GREEN MEMBER #20

AIM=SleepygreenCB7
          Yahoo=annamaineeak@yahoo.com

Comment

i have this deck
            http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218056721138

i checked for the negative ground wire on the battery and it wasnt connected to anything..so im guessing i should connect this to some bolt nearby? and also i guess it doesnt turn off when it gets too hot because this morning it constantly turned on and off but that was before i checked.

and if i did connect the yellow to yellow and red to red my deck wont work...so how do i come about fixing that?

im heating up my headlights for blackout housing right now! it was such a bish to get some rusty bolts off -__-

Comment

Originally posted by J-rocK View Post
              i have this deck
              http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218056721138

i checked for the negative ground wire on the battery and it wasnt connected to anything..so im guessing i should connect this to some bolt nearby? and also i guess it doesnt turn off when it gets too hot because this morning it constantly turned on and off but that was before i checked.

and if i did connect the yellow to yellow and red to red my deck wont work...so how do i come about fixing that?

im heating up my headlights for blackout housing right now! it was such a bish to get some rusty bolts off -__-
              go to an audio store nearby and get a plug adapter for our year honda. that way u just hook up the adapter to the deck and plug it to the existing plug in the car. BTW use a multimeter to see if your getting power from the wires with the ignition turned to ACC and again turn to ON, I like to use the ground wire to the car like the meter is the deck, that way i know im actually getting enough power from the wires. hope that helps and goodluck.
              clicky the siggy!!!

ARCADIA GREEN MEMBER #20

AIM=SleepygreenCB7

Comment

there should be 2 ground wires to connect together. one ground on the cd player and another ground in the car behind where the cd player goes with the rest of the wires to hook it up.

lmk if that confused you right there cuz i think it will cuz of the wording. sorry

Comment

i got it fixed i had a friend look at it he basically said like the power was getting sapped so we just rewired the yellow wire directly to the battery.

btw i just bought a sub system so if i wired the power wire directly to the battery would that affect the deck since they both running off directly the same power?

Comment

nope, itll be fine but by not using the harness youve bypassed the fusing, you should fuse the wire close to the batt. i believe, unless cd players dont rally need that, someone correct me.

Comment

i got it fixed i had a friend look at it he basically said like the power was getting sapped so we just rewired the yellow wire directly to the battery.

btw i just bought a sub system so if i wired the power wire directly to the battery would that affect the deck since they both running off directly the same power?
                      Same power is no problem. It is all the same anyway (only one battery). The yellow on a kenwood deck is 12v anyway so you should be good. The red is switched power (only on with the key). Be sure to get a fuse on anything you run to the 12v connection.

92 Accord LX

My Ride

Comment

well i got it fixed thanks for the helpful replies.

btw i just got my 10" type r hooked up and it bangs hard! just going to tuck all the wires in tomorrow morning

Comment

well i got it fixed thanks for the helpful replies.

btw i just got my 10" type r hooked up and it bangs hard! just going to tuck all the wires in tomorrow morning
                          you mean as in a wire tuck or hiding the system wires?
                          clicky the siggy!!!

ARCADIA GREEN MEMBER #20

AIM=SleepygreenCB7

Comment

Originally posted by sleepygreen View Post
                            you mean as in a wire tuck or hiding the system wires?
                            system wires my bad lol

Comment

Working...
                            X