Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Know How Some New Cars Have a Blinking Brake Light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find them annoying, but... they are certainly attention-grabbers.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Djmoua
      i dont get why you would want all the trouble just to have your tail lights to blink.
      Ok .. le me splain it again .. seeing as how some folks are either confused, or have just
      plain not seen this on any of the err, later model cars cruising around infronta them ..

In the recent wake of putting out newer autos, some, not all however, have a blinking
      THIRD brake light .. not the "tail lights" .. that would be illegal ..

I have, as some others here also have, the OEM spoiler that contains the LED THIRD
      brake light .. as we all have come to know and love ..

I'm not into "attention" as I've even re-read MY original post, and nowhere did I use
      the word "attention" .. nonetheless .. others have put that word in my mouth, and I ..
      will simply spit it out .. pattoooie !!! So there ..

Again .. just to reiterate for the uneducated, or one's who never get out enough
      to see other cars infront of them .. orrrr, for those who really do NOT pay "attention"
      to other cars to even notice that some of the more recent auto makers have introduced
      a THIRD brake light that blinks .. THEN .. stops, after about 3-5 blinks ..

All I was wondering .. was whether or not something similar could be "introduced"
      on my OEM spoiler which is errr, a THIRD brake light for the uhhhh ..
      reading imparied ..

Ok? Was that so difficult? I thought so .. and thanks to those who chimed in with
      sensible and logical resolutions, instead of putting words in my mouth .. lol ..

The Horror !!!
      Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

toyota has been using the blinking 3rd brake light for 12-15 years.

as for the pressure sensitive brake lights, european cars have had them for about 20 years but they never caught on. they're trying to make a come back, but they had problems with the brake switch that controls them. it was either too expensive to put in cheap cars or it was cheap and not reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda
          Ok .. le me splain it again .. seeing as how some folks are either confused, or have just
          plain not seen this on any of the err, later model cars cruising around infronta them ..

In the recent wake of putting out newer autos, some, not all however, have a blinking
          THIRD brake light .. not the "tail lights" .. that would be illegal ..

I have, as some others here also have, the OEM spoiler that contains the LED THIRD
          brake light .. as we all have come to know and love ..

I'm not into "attention" as I've even re-read MY original post, and nowhere did I use
          the word "attention" .. nonetheless .. others have put that word in my mouth, and I ..
          will simply spit it out .. pattoooie !!! So there ..

Again .. just to reiterate for the uneducated, or one's who never get out enough
          to see other cars infront of them .. orrrr, for those who really do NOT pay "attention"
          to other cars to even notice that some of the more recent auto makers have introduced
          a THIRD brake light that blinks .. THEN .. stops, after about 3-5 blinks ..

All I was wondering .. was whether or not something similar could be "introduced"
          on my OEM spoiler which is errr, a THIRD brake light for the uhhhh ..
          reading imparied ..

Ok? Was that so difficult? I thought so .. and thanks to those who chimed in with
          sensible and logical resolutions, instead of putting words in my mouth .. lol ..

The Horror !!!
          Tomi
          well that's straightened out!...but still i still think it's pointless for the "blinkingness"..but if it was to do something like NIGHTRIDER tahahah then that'll be kickass!.

*Needs*
          -New shocks
          -Struts
          -Drop
          -Cleaning
          -New Tires/Wheels
          -New Window Tint
          -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

I once saw a totally decked out mitsubishi eclipse, the gen. used in the fast and the furious, that had LED's in place of the brakelights, or in the brake light housings. But everytime he pressed the brakes, it went from inside to outside, like a wave effect, it was kinda cool it wasn't really slow, but fast enough so when he pressed them and let off, it would do its thing. I think the old Mercury Cougars had that option in their blinker but this guy had it in his brake lights AND his blinkers.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

LOL, Sad part im pretty sure it was AZDave from Hidplanet.com

Master-o-LEDs and electronics.

Your refering to this?
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6sZg3iL5EY

Dave is the shit.
              -RIP Eric Hall. Miss you brother-
              newskoolhippy (10:53:37 PM): i want to see a pic of you with a hard-on to prove thats your cock
              newskoolhippy (10:53:56 PM): i need to see your face in the pic
              newskoolhippy (10:54:07 PM): with todays paper in the picture to prove your taking it now

Comment

Got one on my motorcycle....works great!!!

http://www.signaldynamics.com/products/Modules/xp.asp
                1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                X