Dealing with camber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealing with camber

ive just lowered my accord, and now am looking into options for fixing camber, i was thinking just adjustable balljoints in the front, but whats the best way in the rear? and is the ball joint up front the best route?

Click it.... You know you wanna
    Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Washers in the rear and an adjustable one up front. However you need an alignment first to see how much the camber needs adjusted. You then buy the appropriate kit, install and set t, and get another alignment.

Comment

Alright thanks

Comment

You dont need to "fix" camber, negative camber is good for lateral grip. If you are lowering a sensible amount then you will find that you will get somewhere between -2 and -3 degrees, that is a good amount.

Camber doesnt wear tyres either if your toe is straight, so you are best off getting a good alignment, and enjoying the stance and grip of some camber.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
        UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
        NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

I've got some Megan rear upper control arms which are adjustable for camber.

There are lower toe bars available too, but there is also some slight factory adjustment available. Factory Honda suspension only allows front and rear toe to be adjusted.

Up front there are adjustable kits that replace your stock anchor bolts on the UCA's. I had a set on my wagon, and will be purchasing another set for my coupe.

Comment

ingalls balljoint kit is the way to go. just gotta beat the inner fender in a little so it doesnt hit.
            COUPE K24

Comment

My wagon had the ingalls kit. Except whoever installed it cut open the top of the strut tower to allow UCA clearance, which was not needed.

My coupe is on F&F's and doesn't even come close to hitting.

Comment

Originally posted by marcusv8thunder View Post
                Camber doesnt wear tyres either if your toe is straight
                Incorrect.

Comment

Putting more load on a smaller part of your tire makes it magically not wear in that spot if toe is correct?????

Amazing..
                  There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

How hard is it to install a balljoint camber kit? Is it all adjustable?

Comment

SPC and Ingalls make adjustable ball joint kits. "How hard" is relative to your ability.
                      I personally don't care for the idea of pressing out the stock ball joints. I fear it weakens the control arm. I much prefer the anchor bolt style.

Comment

It depends on how the tyre is used, if you are going in a straight line then yes the inner amount of tyre will have more loading, but if you are cornering you will lose that negative camber as the car rolls, maybe to 0 or further, depends how much you have to begin with and have much roll you have.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                        UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                        NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Camber doesnt wear tyres either if your toe is straight, so you are best off getting a good alignment, and enjoying the stance and grip of some camber.
                          My toe was perfect after a alignment once, but my camber was -1.2 negative. It wore the inside of the tires...

I experienced it first hand that camber can wear tires. /-----\ will wear the insides of the tires. Why would camber matter if it didn't wear tires? I purchased the Ingalls anchor kit, bolt trick in the rear and got another alignment, purchased new tires and no problem since.
                          MRT: http://www.cd5tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=5748

Comment

It depends on how the tyre is used, if you are going in a straight line then yes the inner amount of tyre will have more loading, but if you are cornering you will lose that negative camber as the car rolls, maybe to 0 or further, depends how much you have to begin with and have much roll you have.
                            You spend most of your time driving relatively straight...
                            Also, when you turn, the corner that is being compressed "cambers out" (negative camber), while the corner that is unloaded does the opposite. Essentially, you'll STILL be on the inner edges of the tires.

Some negative camber can indeed help with cornering, but it will be at the expense of some straight-line stability. It's really only desirable in a race setting.

Comment

I got some 1 degree adjustable upper balljoints, which was enough to get the tires back to straight

Comment

Working...
                              X