B20b4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B20b4

Has anyone by any chance swapped a B20b4 from a CR-V into an accord, if so please prove me with the details.
    Thx in advance

I think youll be hard pressed to find someone who has swapped a b series into an accord. Why not an h22 when it drops right in?
    1991 Accord Ex - H22A - Omnipower Coilovers - Greddy SP2
    1993 Civic Dx - D15B7 - T3/T04E - Ported head - Hole in block - May be going F swap

My Workout Log

Originally posted by Leung
    Well, I poked the big one in the head with the shovel while shouting at it "hey, you can't sleep here".

Comment

How do you have 140 posts and still think it's okay to ask to be spoonfed?

The swap is impractical. Way too much custom work would be required to physically mount the engine, run the linkage to the transmission and come up with an axle solution.

The next time a thought pops into your head search the forums before you go asking away. Someone asks this question every other month it seems.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Here's two methods:

Method 1)
        Get a high-paying job.
        Drop your car at a custom shop, and tell them what you want.
        Write a big fat check and hope they know what they're doing.
        In a couple months, you'll have an underpowered 2.0L grocery-getter engine custom-fit in your engine bay!

Method 2)
        Buy the B20B4 with transmission
        Fabricate mounts
        Fabricate axles by combining Accord outer axles and CRV inner axles
        Create a full wiring harness to convert your car to OBD2.. OR pick up an OBD1 P06 ECU and custom tune it to run the B20B4, after converting the engine to OBD1.
        Fabricate any custom fuel lines, coolant lines, power steering lines, AC lines, etc... necessary to make it function.
        Pray that it works.
        Enjoy your 130hp!

Comment

As both Deev and Jarret mentioned a b series swap into an accord is pretty much pointless. You can get more power and torque out of an h22 for half of the work that would go behind doing a b series swap. All in all, an H swap is more practical for both your wallet and the sake of saving yourself a lot of time and energy.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

b20 is severely underpowered compared to the h22 or even h23 =P
            the money you spend making it work could be more efficiently spent making an H or even the F even faster.
            frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

It makes F22A4 horsepower, with 9lb-ft less.

Essentially, it would move the car about as well as an F22A1 or F22A4, albeit with a need to rev slightly higher to get to the usable power.
              It makes only slightly less than the F20A4 and F20A7 found in CBs sold in other markets.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                It makes F22A4 horsepower, with 9lb-ft less.

Essentially, it would move the car about as well as an F22A1 or F22A4, albeit with a need to rev slightly higher to get to the usable power.
                It makes only slightly less than the F20A4 and F20A7 found in CBs sold in other markets.
                Kinda reminds me of the F20A DOHC >.< lol only diff is it will fit and that B series won't.

To the OP:
                Would make sense if it was a CA Chassis Accord.
                The CB7 Collector.
                Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                92 LX Coupe F22A1
                2013 Toyota Corolla S
                92 EX Sedan F22A1
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

why do people think the crv motor is going to be a good swap? this is the second time i saw someone ask this

Comment

Originally posted by Dani Filth View Post
                    why do people think the crv motor is going to be a good swap? this is the second time i saw someone ask this
                    I think because people assume that it is from an suv, it is made to move more weightand by putting it in a lighter car it will improve the power to weight ratio. Hence making the car faster.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

People come from this screwed Honda mentality that the B-series is king because that's what so many people have done in the past. It's popular anfd the F-series never came in anything that was performance oriented. The B20 is the largest of the B-series so, logically, it should be the best candidate for the swap. We're not talking about intelligent people asking these questions. They connect A to B to Z and then ask away disregarding C through Y in between.
                      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
                      X