No announcement yet.

af_1132 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't just take it to the machine shop and have them resurface it? I've had one of my flywheels resurfaced 3 times now. It can probably do it one more time.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

You can't just take it to the machine shop and have them resurface it? I've had one of my flywheels resurfaced 3 times now. It can probably do it one more time.
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I wish I had a picture of it to show. I mean, it may be possible, but there is a decided "ledge" > 1mm high where the pucks of the clutch reach to contact the flywheel, as compared to the surface beyond the pucks reach. It is a fraction of a mil, maybe 0.1mm or more, but that to me seems too much of a difference to machine down. If I am wrong, I would love it, less money spent!
        *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
        ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
        ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
        "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
        The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
        Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Were you heel-toeing on down shifts, or just simply downshifting?
          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Nice video!

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
              Were you heel-toeing on down shifts, or just simply downshifting?
              It was just simple downshifting. It really helped with the braking to be sure. I didn't like the feeling of having to do it to safely slow down, so that master cylinder is the first thing I am going to fix/replace.

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
              Nice video!
              Right on, thansks! Say, I recently looked through your thread to try and find when you put in that aftermarket prop valve, as I seem to remember that you did not use a DA integra 40-40. Did you put one in made by Wilwood?

MRT
              Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Ya, i cheered for ya when you took that turn proper and you caught up to the S2000. Also jaw dropped when you hit that speed bump they put on the inside of the drop turns (S curve). Man you push that car hard too and surprising that it catches up to the cars on the track. You have LSD don't ya? It sounded like you were spinning one tire coming off that sharp down hill s-curve...

Comment

Oh yeah, the famous corkscrew! When I cut the corner there that one time due to a bad entrance line, it looked much worse than it actually was, just because the camera was shaking on its mount. I probably hit the flange on the collector, but nothing else contacted the ground. I was slipping on the second part of that turn every time due to the lightness the car experienced as it dropped, an amazing sensation akin to when you go on a roller coaster ride where the seat accelerates downwards.

I definitely push the car hard and I do have an Mfactory LSD. I go literally as fast as I can. I wish I had filmed my last run of the day and not my second one, because it was much cleaner. I always will push myself to achieve a challenging lap time goal, and every time there’s some stock grade part on the car that has to be changed out for something more durable. It’s that 90% of time spent getting the car ready that makes the 10% of track time totally worth it, and I am still learning how to deal with that ratio. To me, track days aren’t fun unless I’m going as fast as I can.

Raf, Did you see my question in my previous post about your proportional valve? I can’t find it in your thread, but I thought you had a Wilwood proportional valve. I want to know more about it, in case my 4040 is actually leaking and failing.
                  Last edited by af_1132; 08-14-2020, 11:03 AM.

MRT
                  Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Dropping into the corkscrew is one of the best and most memorable experiences of my life. The crazy thing is, I can explain what it feels like to people, and no matter how detailed I try to be with my explanation, I believe nothing comes close to the actual feeling itself.

Simple put, ***expletive*** amazing.

I see we have another passionate enthusiast who’s hooked on life – and by life, I mean the thrill of trying to push toys to their limit. Exhilarating, I know.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Ya, sorry. I read it but forgot to reply. I run OEM 93 accord one. No wilwood or integra 40/40.

1. hard to find for me in eastern canada
                      2. I just couldn't find any evidence that changing this works (for those who swapped to rear disc brakes). I think too it involves re-bending brake lines and the OEM bolt holes (to hold it down) are different.

Can't really remember. All I know is it wasn't worth changing for me and I've seen no consequences. I do brake really hard at times (like I'm on a race track) and never had a tire lock up, etc. So ya, can't justify installing one.

Comment

Yeah bending the lines & routing them was definitely an adventure when
                        doing the 40/40 swap.
                        Keep Pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by G. Wiffington View Post
                          Yeah bending the lines & routing them was definitely an adventure when
                          doing the 40/40 swap.
                          #facts. I have a video of me doing it somewhere on YT.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Why did y’all bend lines? I was able to throw the 40/40 in no problem, granted it’s just floating the bay, but I haven’t had any issues with it how it is, though I’ve never tracked the car or done a lot of extreme braking.

That video was awesome though. Super jealous y’all get to drive on these tracks that I dreamed of driving on since Grand Turismo was released back in the 90s. Maybe one day I’ll get to drive on the course
                            Last edited by Grumpys93; 08-16-2020, 11:57 AM.
                            ~Nick~
                            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                              Why did y’all bend lines? I was able to throw the 40/40 in no problem, granted it’s just floating the bay, but I haven’t had any issues with it how it is, though I’ve never tracked the car or done a lot of extreme braking.

That video was awesome though. Super jealous y’all get to drive on these tracks that I dreamed of driving on since Grand Turismo was released back in the 90s. Maybe one day I’ll get to drive on the course
                              I put my 40/40 in during my H swap, and the reason why I had to bend new lines is because I wanted it to look like it belonged in the engine bay as originally designed. It was secured using the already existing line clamps and braketry, and the lines were made to run following along similar paths to the original lines, but with an OEM look. IIRC, the OEM lines didn't offer that type of quality fit & finish.

No need to be jealous. We all have different life experiences, and one day, I'm sure you'll get to do it too. Just set it as a goal, and then make it happen one way or another some day. And, like you, Gran Turismo is the reason why I wanted to experience those tracks in real life. Set huge goals, and then go after them.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Ya, same here. Played GT non-stop and Laguna was my favorite. But no way I'm going to get sally from eastern Canada to Western US. But I should try to get into the local track at the very least.

Comment

Working...
                                X