Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Radio on and no sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio on and no sound

The radio has not worked since I got the car. It is a Pioneer DEH-1300MP and it powers on, lights, clock, can go through stations, etc. but no sound comes out of the speakers. I just pulled the radio out and looked at the wiring quickly and it looks like the right wires are connected. I am using these as reference http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchf...130DEH1300.PDF
    http://www.modifiedlife.com/car-ster...-honda-accord/

Anyone have any ideas on where to start? I don't have much experience with car audio

i had this happen to me once. 1 speaker got disconnected and shut off the whole system. i could turn on the radio and change stations but no sound. check the connections at the speakers
    visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by ryandavis33 View Post
      i had this happen to me once. 1 speaker got disconnected and shut off the whole system. i could turn on the radio and change stations but no sound. check the connections at the speakers
      Oh, I hope so. These would be like the (brown? from memory) connectors in the door panels and trunk? Going out to check now

I checked the connectors in the center of the doors and in the trunk and they are good. Anything else I should check? Its getting dark and I don't have proper lighting
      Last edited by TylerTheTwin; 12-25-2012, 09:14 PM.

Comment

What type of CB7? Did it have OEM Bose equipment?

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
          What type of CB7? Did it have OEM Bose equipment?
          1993 EX. I'm not aware of any..

Comment

Dumb question, but are you sure the deck even puts out sound? Or if the speakers even put out sound?
            Originally posted by Mishakol129
            Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
              Dumb question, but are you sure the deck even puts out sound? Or if the speakers even put out sound?
              I am not sure as none of it has since I have had the car but I return to you with a dumber question. How would I check this?

Comment

You can test the speakers easy enough, remove the harnesses from the back of the deck, grab 2 small lead wires, insert one end into each set of speaker connections, hook the other end to a 9 volt battery. If the speaker moves, it's good. Don't worry, it's not going to damage the speaker. If they all test out, try another deck. If they don't, test with a known good speaker.
                Originally posted by Mishakol129
                Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

connect an external speaker to the radio and see if puts out any sound. if it works could be a pinched speaker wire in the car and when you connect the radio to the car the pinched speaker wire can cause the decks internal amp to ground out and short. going the 9v route wont help because it will still pop the speaker even if its grounded. you will have to reconnect the radio to the speakers and cut off the speaker wires one by one to see witch one is giving you the problem.

Comment

Does it have an amp? In one of my cars, the amp went bad and things worked fine after I swapped it out. The other car required an amp and a head unit swap. However, both radios/amps in my situation were stock.

Comment

I would think the outputs are blown. use an external amplifier and you should be fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X