Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

b18 Accord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

b18 Accord?

Has anyone every swapped a b series into a cb? My f22 is dying and I have a b18 just sitting in my garage, so... I was just wondering. How difficult of a swap would it be? (I haven't seen a b swapped accord, So I thought I would ask the accord world.!

I've never seen it done. The B series engine will NOT mount to your F series transmission. If you are doing a swap, you will need motor mounts, trans mount, and a ton of customization to get it accomplished. For the power of the B18, it's probably easier to just swap the F with an H motor as the transmissions on the H and F series are interchangeable. I'd say forget the B18 and go with the H. More power, and easier to install. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

yeah, Thats what I thought... I just have that b18 sitting there and thought it would be cool to have a b swapped accord. haha

Comment

Why would you decrease your displacement by almost half a liter?
        The Accord needs torque to move, B series aren't really torquey.
        The Accord is too heavy for a B series.

IMO sell the B18 and get a F or H series motor.
        Not to mention all of the custom wiring to do a B18 swap.

A B18 swap in a Accord is like putting a F20C in RWD R33 Skyline, but worse.
        Current:
        2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
        1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
        1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

The B series has plenty of torque to move the CB7. In fact, the CB Accord came with an F18A in other markets.

The problem is, as stated, that the B will take considerable modification to work. Custom wiring, custom axles, custom mounts, and a hell of a lot of cutting of the firewall and floorboard to accommodate the rod-shifted transmission (since the Accord uses cables.)

H and F series engines are your choices for easy swaps. Anything else is going to take a good deal of work.

Also, the RWD R33 and S2000 weigh almost EXACTLY the same. The S2000 may even weight slightly more. An F20C in an R33 would result in a lighter car than the S2000.

Comment

EDIT: ^Uh yeah what he said. Dammit deev go to sleep! Your killing my Graveshift boredom post.

The B18 has more than enough power to move a CB7 accord. People forget that the weakest motor that was ever offered in the CB7 was a JDM SOHC F18A motor. This F18 motor is even weaker than the first generation JDM B18 motors that were found in BA/CA accords.

A more modern F18B is even offered in the last generation prelude,JDM accords and torneos etc. Being a 1.8 liter wouldn't necessarily mean it will putt-putt around like a go-kart.

The only thing keeping this from being a normal swap would obviously be mounts and possibly linkage.
            Last edited by Warudakumi; 06-15-2013, 04:56 AM.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
            JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
            1994 Prelude V-Tec
            1999 CL 3.0
            2000 Prelude
            2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
            1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
            1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"