Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

93 Accord Horn Relay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 Accord Horn Relay?

My horn doesn't work and when I push the button I don't. Hear any relay clicking. Does anybody have an idea where the relay would be, or any other help to get my horn working?

Check both fuse boxes one under the hood the other under the drivers kick panel. Might jus be the fuse.

Comment

Originally posted by 92d-jk View Post
      Check both fuse boxes one under the hood the other under the drivers kick panel. Might jus be the fuse.
      Checked both fuse boxes..fuses good. Thinking about running all new relays/fuses and wires

Comment

Do you have drivers airbag? - Could be the Clockspring faulty, in which case re-doing all the wiring will achieve nothing.

Find and fix the problem instead of trying to redo everything.

Check all the earths and connections at the horns, and the relay is under the bonnet for IIRC.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

I think its a honda problem that is common. I think i heard its the horn it self but im not sure.

1992 Accord EX Coupe >http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post3060200
          Originally posted by keepinitclean
          I give it 2 weeks before you sell it.

Comment

before you replace any do as evil_demon_01 suggested

*check fuses
            *check connectors
            *check horns (you can remove them and try plugging them in on a friends car or wire to battery to test them)

*clock spring ( if you go to junk yard it will cost about $20-$40, before removing make sure steering wheel is centered and wheels too, install the same way)

I had a problem with the clock spring not working, if everything else works more than likely its that.

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
            When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

i have the exact same problem, horn doesnt go off and instead i get a sound in cabin now like when you turn on the turn signals, wasnt the fuse and i took off all the plastic surrounding the steering wheel but i cant find these 4 connectors ppl are talking about in the threads
              IG:worldboss_sanjcb7

Comment

I am pretty sure my 92 Coupe doesn't have a clockspring but rather slip ring since I have two individual horn buttons on the steering wheel.

A few days ago, I started the car to go home from work and realized the horns were suddenly not working. No clicks (relay?) were heard when the buttons were pressed.

Today I removed both horns and both sound off when applying direct 12V current. I checked the wiring harness of both horns and got 7 volts on both. I took it for another spin and checked the harnesses again and this time got 10.14 volts on both.

There is only 1 20 amp fuse under the hood which was good.....but I see no fuse in the driver's kickpanel for a horn.

Is my issue the relay or do I have to dissemble the steering column?

Thanks.
                1992 Accord Coupe 5-Speed

Comment

the relay is located under left side of dash,below and left of main relay, yellow connector,wire colors are wht/yel, blu/red, LTgrn/blu and black. the SRS system and horn share the same power12v source. clockspring/slipring are the same part, different names. the cruise control "if equipped" also shares portions of this circuit, find the horn relay and check 12v in and out, the blu/red wire is 12v to clockspring, i cant remember the color of other 12v wire, horn button provides ground to sound horn, if 12v is good in and out of relay, check clockspring wiring. if no good check power to relay from fuse panel. make sure the ground circuit is good 0.000 to 0.001 ohms no more than 0.005. ill try to post wiring diagram later

Comment

Working...
                  X