Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

head swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

head swap

so i have an f22a non-vtec motor
    came stock with my 90 lx
    i was thinking about going to the junkyard
    and finding a cd5 with an f22 vtec motor and taking
    the head to swap it onto my block
    does anyone know if my head and the vtec head will line up the same?
    or will i have to make sum modifications in order to make the
    vtec head fit on my block
    any suggestions

90 accord lx
    form > function

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by Gmoney707 View Post
    i dont know man jus take it and tape it on haha
    Thanks for that usefull peice of advice

To OP: Yes the head will bolt up but its a waste of time. The " vtec " is nothing more then a gimmic so they can say the car has " vtec ". An f22a6 with an h23a1 intake manifold is just as good as an f22b1.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post

To OP: Yes the head will bolt up but its a waste of time. The " vtec " is nothing more then a gimmic so they can say the car has " vtec ". An f22a6 with an h23a1 intake manifold is just as good as an f22b1.
      yeah its completly pointless and much more work and money and headaches then you would like. The f22b1 was made for completely economical reasons. Theres a reason it only has like 5hp more then the a6 (dont quote me on that). The f22a head has FAR better flow rates and the b1 is just complete garbage. There's no hidden power behind that b1 vtec head......just disappointment

Comment

you can put a h23 intake manifold on a f22a..... and how does that help with horsepower and how much does it add....

MR : http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=CB7+R3ason

Originally posted by quaidum
        you being able to see four blocks down the road is resulting in someone not being able to see 5 feet in front of them

good job, just what the world needs more inconsiderate drivers

Comment

actually "vtec" is not a gimmick
          without vtec the engine is tuned to perform at a low range of rpms (somewhere from idle up to 3500)
          when vtec engages, oil is ran through the rocker arms which makes both intake and exhaust valves work better and faster (which tunes it to perform at higher rpms)
          overall, vtec keeps gives you better power efficiency at higher rpms

90 accord lx
          form > function

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Since the f22a is a sohc, the h23 is a dohc, i didnt think you could do that...

Comment

Originally posted by claud122003 View Post
              Since the f22a is a sohc, the h23 is a dohc, i didnt think you could do that...
              yes intake ports match up

Comment

Originally posted by jerry18849 View Post
                actually "vtec" is not a gimmick
                without vtec the engine is tuned to perform at a low range of rpms (somewhere from idle up to 3500)
                when vtec engages, oil is ran through the rocker arms which makes both intake and exhaust valves work better and faster (which tunes it to perform at higher rpms)
                overall, vtec keeps gives you better power efficiency at higher rpms
                On the f22b1 you can barely if at all feel the vtec engage. Also, on the f22b1 the vtec is only for the intake side of things and it isn't all that much of a difference. vtec does not run oil "through" the rocker arms, pressure is applied which makes a locking pin lock the rocker arms together so that both valves open with the bigger cam lobe. It is essentially like switching cams on the fly, but the b1's vtec is mainly for economy. Its not worth your time to swap the b1 head because it doesn't flow as well. By the way f series motors make power well past 3500 RPM.

Comment

The F22B1 only has "vtec" on the intake side. It's significantly different from the VTEC found in the DOHC performance engines.

In order to implement this system, they had to create a port design that flows HORRIBLY.

The F22B1 head is not an upgrade. Quite the opposite, actually.

claud122003, the intake manifold doesn't care how many cams you have.

Comment

ok so what is another way to get more power out of my f22a without intake or exhaust components? (cold air intake, headers)

90 accord lx
                    form > function

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

The engine is a big air pump. Until you allow it to breathe better, you can't make power. Every modification to an engine involves intake or exhaust.

Try a nitrous oxide kit.

Comment

Nitrous is the only answer there.

And as deev said, the engine is an air pump. To get more power out of it, you have to get more air into and out of it quickly.

And the f22b1 vtec head sucks. The flow is terrible compared to an f22ax.
                        2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                        2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

<<< agreed with deev intake and exhaust is what its mainly all about and the reason you would put a h23 exhaust mani is it will allow your engine to breath easier and as everyone was saying that flow is the most important thing. and yes it does bolt right on it has nothing to do with how many cams you have. KEEP YOUR HEAD

MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188701

Comment

why dont you just do a g series

Comment

Originally posted by boosted4door View Post
                              why dont you just do a g series
                              A G series has 5 cylinders, and won't bolt into the CB chassis.

Comment

Working...
                              X