No announcement yet.

Wise Words From Wise People Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -Unknown
    Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
    -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
    MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal."

-Aristotle

MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

-beware the anger of a patient man.
        any man who gets mad all the time can be disreguarded as predictable. but to conjure the anger of a patient man is to commit a worse offense

-if you want something done right, do it yourself

-let your heart not wander,lest your mind grow legs and follow it

and one from back in the day on here. starchland i believe maybe

-Loud does not equal fast

BTW nick you got alot of good quotes, i dig em.

-sean
        Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
        Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

I have so many, I'll be here all year. I wasn't going to post this one yet, but it's related to what you said...

"Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."
          -Abraham Lincoln

MY RIDE

Comment

Not sure this was posted yet:

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
            -Benjamin Franklin

and...

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
            -Partly attributed to B Franklin, may be a case of telephone or internet mixnmatching

MY RIDE

Comment

"Ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country."

-JFK

MY RIDE

Comment

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
                -Thomas Jefferson

"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking an monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a REVOLUTION before tomorrow morning."
                -Henry Ford

MY RIDE

Comment

"You will meet some people, and you will find friends. But ultimately you should realize that you are alone in this life, and socializing will not substitute for having something that makes you feel your life is worth living."
                  -ANUS.com

MY RIDE

Comment

"there are old pilots and bold pilots, but not many old bold pilots"

unknown
                    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

A bunch from Abraham Lincoln:

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?"

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."

"It's not me who can't keep a secret. It's the people I tell that can't."

"The worst thing you can do for anyone you care about is anything that they can do on their own."

"If you once forfeit the confidence of your fellow citizens, you can never regain their respect and esteem. It is true that you may fool all of the people some of the time; you can even fool some of the people all of the time; but you can't fool all of the people all of the time."

MY RIDE

Comment

"Israel is not only an unnecessary and self-made liability for the United States, it is an untreated and spreading cancer on our domestic politics, foreign policy, and national security. America has no genuine national security interests at stake in either Israel or Palestine; if they both disappeared tomorrow the welfare of Americans and the security of their country would not be impacted a lick. The Arab-Israeli religious war is a war that properly belongs solely to Israelis and Arabs; let them fight each other to the death with no interference in favor of either side from the United States. The continued, automatic, and idiotic identification of U.S. national interests as identical with Israel's made by our bipartisan political elite, the media, and those U.S. citizens who prefer Israeli to American security is only earning Americans deeper hatred and more wars with Muslims. There is no question that Israel has every right in the world to militarily defend itself to whatever extent it deems necessary, but neither Israel, the United States, nor any other nation has a "right" to exist. Nation-states survive if they can vanquish their enemies. The democratically elected Israeli govermment is right to try to vanquish Hamas; and the democratically elected Hamas regime has every right to try do the same to Israel. The point to keep squarely in view is that it does not matter to America's security who emerges the winner."

-Michael Scheuer

MY RIDE

Comment

"Live life with no regrets." -Unknown

And one of the most truthful readings I have ever read
                          "We wear the mask that grins and lies,
                          It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes,—
                          This debt we pay to human guile;
                          With torn and bleeding hearts we smile,
                          And mouth with myriad subtleties.

Why should the world be over-wise,
                          In counting all our tears and sighs?
                          Nay, let them only see us, while
                          We wear the mask.

We smile, but, O great Christ, our cries
                          To thee from tortured souls arise.
                          We sing, but oh the clay is vile
                          Beneath our feet, and long the mile;
                          But let the world dream otherwise,
                          We wear the mask!"
                          -By Paul Laurence Dunbar

Pop vTec

Comment

I don't get it.

MY RIDE

Comment

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                              -Daniel J. Boorstin

I love this one. It's one that I often remind myself of. Being the youngest in most of my jobs, I was always shut down whenever I had a new idea or method for executing an old process. I was always told, "I'm telling you, listen to me. I've been doing this for a long time." People think that they know everything about a certain topic simply because they've been at it for a long period of time. While that is partially true, it still doesnt mean that person knows EVERYTHING. Almost every time this has happened to me, I was right. The most irritating part about having to say "I told ya so" is knowing that you were right the entire time, and nobody bothered to listen.

Because if this, I always try to stay open-minded.
                              Wrecked, Revived, and still Rollin'

Check out my MRT!

Originally posted by deevergote
                              The most unique "modification" these days is a full restoration. Take a 20+ year old Honda and make it look brand new... and it'll be more impressive than the guy with the stock-block turbo and plastidipped steelies.

Comment

Originally posted by uslspct View Post
                                "Israel is not only an unnecessary and self-made liability for the United States, it is an untreated and spreading cancer on our domestic politics, foreign policy, and national security..........

-Michael Scheuer
                                this quote strikes me deeply. it is everything i think and feel about this matter. let them fight to the death and stop dragging down our economy with support and stop ruining our image to the world by always sticking our nose where it doesnt belong. screw em both. the worst part is that america helped to recognize Israel as a Jew state. IMO they should declare a single battle. winner takes all. loser has to live under the control of the winner. problem solved. both are too "pussy" to do this.

-sean
                                Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                                Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Working...
                                X