Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How to make 30+hp for $500 or less... (DX/LX F22A1 only)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why do people do that? thats like the 2nd or 3rd time that has happened. this thread isnt for boost or nitrous or any other motor BUT the f22a1.

anyways. hey Deev. have you been able to sorce a p12 ECU yet?

also. with I/H/E and the p12 ECU(and/or the a6 cam shaft) i should see at least like 145hp(to the crank) right? (i may be babbling just to get the thread back on topic. lol)

Comment

I can't say for certain that the P12 is better than the PT6, but it very well may be. The only things I can say for SURE are the F22A6 parts on the F22A1... since all other variables are kept the same.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
        I can't say for certain that the P12 is better than the PT6, but it very well may be. The only things I can say for SURE are the F22A6 parts on the F22A1... since all other variables are kept the same.

very true. i remember alot of times people talking about the condition of the motor. theres this stuff called "Restore". its in a aluminum can at the auto store(auto zone, pep boys, advanced auto...ect.), and it says it restores compression in the cylinders and the walls. would using that help the gains from the IM, cam, and headers more concrete?

Comment

i thought this topic was about a f22a1. i asked about a turbo on a F22A1 so thats not getting off subject. second i know about turbos just not on this motor

Comment

You didn't read then, I suppose? This is about how to use simple OEM parts to gain up to or over 30hp on an F22A1. It is actually a very specific thread. To say "this is about the F22A1" is like saying "I pissed in your fridge because your toilet was in the next room"... close, but not exactly right.

Nice to see I wasted my time.

Comment

Originally posted by cornell25
              i thought this topic was about a f22a1. i asked about a turbo on a F22A1 so thats not getting off subject. second i know about turbos just not on this motor

well it kinda is off topic due to the fact that its dealing with boost. not N/A. this thread is about gaining Hp and Tq on an N/A on a f22a1 motor. not getting boost from it. if you look in the technical section you'll be able to find the area where boost is discussed.

Comment

i was just asking how much boost could i go with on a f22a1. if this is off subject is there a forum about this. i just know on my dsms 1 turbo and 1 na you just cant put the turbo on thena just because the engines are the same code. the compression way different so you can only go with about 7 psi thats all

Comment

Right. And that question has nothing to do with this thread. Feel free to make your own thread asking about it, and people will respond. In here, it's like asking your history teacher how to do your algebra homework. (are any of my analogies making sense? i'm really trying hard to get through to you here...)

Comment

sorry you so uptight i was just asking a question but i see you like to be rude and think you are the best. so whatever

Comment

Right. And that question has nothing to do with this thread. Feel free to make your own thread asking about it, and people will respond. In here, it's like asking your history teacher how to do your algebra homework. (are any of my analogies making sense? i'm really trying hard to get through to you here...)
                      thanks i will do that sorry for the trouble

Comment

sorry you so uptight i was just asking a question but i see you like to be rude and think you are the best. so whatever

you can KIND OF relate that boost question to this thread. if you get those upgrades then youll have a feel of what kind of boost of performance a 30hp gain will give you. but if you need questions about boost answered, make your own thread. your new to the site so no one will flame you for any noob questions.

and Deev wasnt really trying to be rude. he was trying in every way possible to be nice to you.

edit:
                        and Dee. answer my dern question before i come up there and eat your face. lol

Comment

Rude? How so? By taking the time to share this information with people? To help people do something easy, cheap, and effective to their cars?

Or to waste my time explaining something TOTALLY unrelated to someone that is rude enough to ignore all the time I spent writing out all that information in the first place... just to ask to be spoon-fed.

No, I don't think I'm being rude. I think I'm just irritated that you would be so rude yourself.

Welcome to my website.

Comment

Shadow1, sorry, didn't see the Restore question.

That stuff is pretty gimmicky... I suppose it DOES work, but you have to put it in with every oil change. It's an additive, not a miracle cure. It might work, but if your motor is in a condition where that will make a difference, you PROBABLY shouldn't be spending your money on making more power... Make sure the motor is healthy before you bother doing anything else!

Comment

Rude? How so? By taking the time to share this information with people? To help people do something easy, cheap, and effective to their cars?

Or to waste my time explaining something TOTALLY unrelated to someone that is rude enough to ignore all the time I spent writing out all that information in the first place... just to ask to be spoon-fed.

No, I don't think I'm being rude. I think I'm just irritated that you would be so rude yourself.

Welcome to my website.
                              sorry man that is just how it came off to me i was wrong i quess

Comment

dont forget to use the search!

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Comment

Working...
                                X