Clear All

Tsx?
    My Collection:
    93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
    00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
    04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      I love the RL, but I'm scared of the repair costs on one!
      I don't love the TL as much as I want to (my stepfather has one, and he thinks the ride is flinty.) I couldn't afford the last generation anyway, so I'd have to go with the one before it. I love the styling, but it's also a VERY popular car among the ghetto-fabulous folks these days. 18-22 year old kids with flat brimmed hats and hardcore vaping habits buy those TLs like crazy... slam them to the ground, camber out their XXRs... they don't strike me as "adult" cars anymore, given the average TL owner around here! It's sad, because I know they're nice cars overall.

I think the ES350 is probably going to be it. Absolutely boring, I know... but it'll be a peaceful oasis in the horrible traffic I deal with every day. And the 2010+ models are practically problem-free from what I've been able to tell. Went to look at a 2011 today, but the dealership had just sent it to auction.

Step 1 is selling the CTS-V, which I think I've decided is the best option. I'm not using the car for its intended purpose. All I'm doing by commuting in it is destroying whatever resale value it might have left.
      In the meantime, I'm buying a cheap beater. That way I can sell the CTS-V and sit on the money until I find the right ES350.

This is for sale a few miles from me. I think I'm going to call on Monday. Looked at it on the side of the road today, and it's ROUGH on the outside... but not rusty, and no major damage on non-replaceable panels. Might even be worth fixing up a little.
      i found a 97 camry v6 that popped a timing belt for 300 bucks. i think those are non interference engines.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
        i found a 97 camry v6 that popped a timing belt for 300 bucks. i think those are non interference engines.
        Those ARE interference engines, my father in law had one exactly like the one in the picture and did not wanted towait for me to help him with timing belt and so you can see where this is going.
        [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

This is perfect if it is not a flood car.

https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/d...366940698.html

Sorry i just realized it is past a 95
          Last edited by Crankshaft; 10-30-2017, 03:32 PM.
          [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

I would def get the RL over the ES, but I never liked Toyota as much as Honda, except maybe for their trucks.

Why not a 9th gen Accord?

You said yourself, when you sat in one at the Auto show, you were impressed.

My 2013 has 55k miles and has had 0 issues outside a bad bulb in the trunk, and a bad battery sensor that Honda is covering.

I get 35 mpg every week. I average about 300 miles commuting as well.

Mine was 19k 3 years ago.

I just looked, in our area, you can get LX for 12k. Probably get them down a bit more as the 10th gens are arriving and its Oct.

I love this car. Not the most exciting car ever, but its one of the best looking Accords imo, handled quite well, is refined, and has a better interior than the last 2 gens.

If you can add a bit more, you could def get an EX, or an EX-L if you work some magic.

Sports might be cheaper.

My only regret is not getting a v6 6 speed, but I plan to trade her in in 2020, at which time 2017 will be coming off leases and I am for sure picking up a 6-6 coupe or sedan.

I can dig the 1.5 and 2.0 turbo, but killing the V6 AND Coupe is just no bueno.

Figure ill pick up something that doesn't exist, and slowly make that a project.

That is, unless I pick up an older 944. Then my plans might change LOL
            Last edited by Ralphie; 10-31-2017, 11:54 AM.

Comment

I'd still recommend the RL over the ES as well. As mentioned previously the motor is rock solid the trans is rock solid as well. Also the SH-AWD doesn't seem to have any flaws in it that I can find. Just a nicer car overall imo, and if your looking to spend around the same amount, I'd pick the nicer car, seeing as how your going to spend a lot of time sitting it in.
              Last edited by Rilas; 10-31-2017, 01:53 PM.
              MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I ended up going the beater route, so the caddy stays. I think paid more than I initially planned, but I think I made a good choice.

2005 Accord Hybrid. 105,000 miles. Meticulously serviced. The only issue is the elderly driver damage on the bumpers. I pick it up tomorrow evening.

Comment

How much did she cost? Nicee choice. Although a little more than a beater, only have 105k and being a '05.
                  MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

7th gen hybrid!! I've always liked those. I think it was Honda's performance version of the hybrid with the V6 + IMA system.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Paid $4400. He was asking $4700. Not a steal, especially with a cracked rear bumper... but the vehicle history report shows a great maintenance record. Timing belt is done. New tires. New brakes. Fluids changed regularly.

It’s got 30k less than the cts-v. Should last me a good long while!

It really is a “performance hybrid”. MPG is low compared to the usual hybrid, but it’s just as powerful as a non-hybrid v6 Accord. When I punched it, it reminded me of my old Grand Prix GTP.

Comment

Very nice! I can't speak to the hybrid, but I've been very happy with our 7th gen Accord. It's starting to show some wear now that it's getting older, but in the 7 years I've owned it, I've only replaced one $45 oxygen sensor (outside of basic maintenance/wear parts, like brakes and tires).
                        Originally posted by sweet91accord
                        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Awesome!
                          I just got back from the DMV. It's officially in my name. Picking it up in a couple hours

The cool thing is that if the hybrid stuff shits the bed, the car basically functions as a normal V6 Accord with a bit of extra baggage. So if the battery goes bad, I don't have a lawn ornament.

Comment

Congrates Deev, you got a great car IMO.

Comment

Working...
                            X