92smokeaccord : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
    Very nice thread. I'm glad i stumbled upon it. Nice to see a fellow boosted f22b head swapped accord. Are you planning on using your current turbo or upgrading it? Is there a reason for the purple color or just going for style? I'm interested to see your numbers
    Thanks! Its a full f22b dohc engine just forged bottom end. Yes I'm gonna stay with my current kit for time being unless I find a gt30 for a damn good price lol. I do how ever want a slightly bigger intercooler thickness wize. As for the purple wrap. It's just a theam thing. I know it's not gonna stay purple but it was cheaper for this than black so screw it. Lol. I'm interested in what numbers it makes to. I really want mid 350 to 400.

my new turbo build

Comment

From this

To nothing

To this mofo beast!!!she drives so beautiful now and runs strong really strong.

All that's left is fix minor things. ( oil leak/add catch can other small shit) and a mofo tune! I cane wait for break in to be over

my new turbo build

Comment

Well I bought a turbosmart in cabin boost controler. Well I did this with it.

Incognito style!!
        I want to put a got boost sticker above it.

my new turbo build

Comment

So wow been a long time holy crap!
          Not much has changed besides breaking parts and fixing them.

Ok so I lied.....only a little

Not many options out there for a f22 manifold so I bit the bullet and got a obx ram.

Got my tial wastegate and springs

Greddy 31x12x3 inner cooler

All I'm waiting on is my Garrett turbo to come tomorrow. I will have to put all this in on Friday and already set the dump appointment for 6pm that night!! Gonna be close cause I have a list of shit to do. Gonna be a long day that's for sure.

my new turbo build

Comment

Damn that's a big ic... How much power/torque are you predicting with the Garrett?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
              Damn that's a big ic... How much power/torque are you predicting with the Garrett?
              I want to shoot for 450whp or more. It's a street daily driven car so anything over 400whp is gonna be a waste. But if I end up with more I'm gonna have to get some supporting stuff. Like wider rims/tires for better traction.

P.s yes big intercooler! I wanted to make sure that this thing gets good cool air. Turbo is supposed to be here today but I have work so if it does manage to get here while no ones home I will have to pick it up from ups tomorrow morning. I would have to go straight to my garage right after to get to work on this thing.

my new turbo build

Comment

Just read through your thread. Car looks great. In the first pic that you have of her. Are those oem Honda rims from the 96-97 coupes?

I like your carbon fiber hood. Where were you able to score that?

The pink wrapping lol made me laugh at work. No offense but it is ultra vibrant.

Comment

Ok so yesterday was bitter sweet day. I installed everything with a big head ache. First turbo fit ment was a huge pain and by huge I mean the turbo was huge! So I didn't fit the way I wanted it to. It only fit one way. So after that there was the oil return. There is only 2 inches of hose to for my return. That was a nightmare. The intercooler was way bigger than expected to be. The dimensions that was specified was for the "core"so the core is 31x14x3 but the end tanks make it almost 40 inches wtf!!! Not only that but because the turbo is so damn big along with giant intercooler the piping route changed pre intercooler which with my fog light makes the bumper fit like crap. Now last but not least. The down pipe. Holy mother of god this was a pain in the ass. The turbo sits so low that the first bend for the down pipe is almost 120deg it took so long to get this right that I gave up on it and sent the down pipe right out he bottom of car wide open along with waste gate. So pretty much only thing that was easy was manifold and wastegate. Lol.

99 percent done pic

Now for some more sweet and bitterness. Made it to the dyno! Cars running awsome! No problems nothing. Until the actual tune part. First wastage for some reason was pushing 25 psi when I put the springs In for only 11psi. So the color chart for the springs were wrong. Well after I had to change the springs we ended up at around 282whp 242 tq at 12psi. Now here's the messed up part. The turbo, being such a brute was sucking in all the exhaust even with 2 high power fans in front! So I end the session on purpose cause it wasn't getting a good reading. Ended the run with 352whp and 302 tq at 19psi. I wish I had a chart but more bitterness made the printer run out of ink.......... Oh also my phone died for the 2nd to last run so the vid I have is of 294whp and 243tq. Want some more bitterness car did amazing on dyno but blew the head gasket on way home like wtf no fun at all. Vid up soon.
                  Here's pic of the one run right after I changed the springs.

my new turbo build

Comment

You need a few beers after all that! At least you got it running right and know what you have to address. It's far easier than having issues to diagnose, not knowing what's causing them! 352whp/302tq are not bad numbers by any means!

I look forward to seeing the results once you have it all buttoned up as you plan to!
                    1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=mybEpUuNC7k

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
                        You need a few beers after all that! At least you got it running right and know what you have to address. It's far easier than having issues to diagnose, not knowing what's causing them! 352whp/302tq are not bad numbers by any means!

I look forward to seeing the results once you have it all buttoned up as you plan to!
                        Oh don't worry lol I plan on getting this thing done soon like within the week soon. Retune is paid for just have to finish exhaust.

my new turbo build

Comment

Ok so as of 10/1/17
                          I fully rebuilt a stock motor with new turbo setup over the summer yeah it's a stock build but what ever. Built it for price of some gaskets and time I think I put a total of like 150$ including fluids. Tune was paid for like months befor this. Side note car made 398whp! And still strong.

Ok pics!!!
                          Old pistons just removed broke all of them in some way

Befor hone

After I honed it

Head going on

All together running strong after tune

my new turbo build

Comment

So been working like a slave and haven’t had time to really get into my coupe. I hurt that motor I rebuilt. Took me about 3 months lol. Made some money and won some races. Can’t complain! Anyway I took those short lived winnings and put it right back into the car! I built a budget block with aris 9:1 forged pistons and some rods from my previous build. They were part of the bisi piston combo. So I had the machine work done and just finished putting the bottom end togther last week. Also during this time I managed to get a amazing deal on a m2b4 trans with lsd. The only bad thing was it popped out of 2nd grinder 3rd and 5th. So what does any person in their right mind do! Rip apart 4 blown trans missions and make one amazing one! Took some gears from a t2t4,m2b4, m2s4 and h2u5 and made one custom geared monster for boost well I wish I had more pics but with limited time to actually wrench I was more focused on progress then my phone. Here are just some pics of where I’m at currently. Bottom is done along with trans and they are matted. I’m waiting for Tuesday cause I start my vacation. Car will be done Tuesday!

my new turbo build

Comment

Bump for a clean cb. Love it
                              Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
                              93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Working...
                              X