Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is how to make the h4 funtion as a high and low beam working together with the h1 bulb, and its not on all the time just like it should be.

What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

The way you wired it up, the upper and lower filament gets power on the H4 bulb, that is what I wanted to avoid. But I can see through your diagram how you accomplished both H4 and H1 high beams.

I believe the h4 bulbs is power, low ground, and high ground.

Comment

power, low ground, high ground is right. hehe i thought it was power, low ground...and high power but obviously it didnt work lol!

why didnt you want the high and low to get power? mine is separate, if i turn the highs on the high beams actually turn on the h4 and if i turn it off it just is standard.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
          power, low ground, high ground is right. hehe i thought it was power, low ground...and high power but obviously it didnt work lol!

why didnt you want the high and low to get power? mine is separate, if i turn the highs on the high beams actually turn on the h4 and if i turn it off it just is standard.
          I'm talking about just the on H4 bulb. On cars that have h4 stock its upper or lower filament, but not both at the same time even though both would give you great output. It makes the bulb run way too hot, and reduces it's life. If I was going to run the H4 bulb instread of HID's I would have wanted some nice Polargs which don't come cheap.

Comment

you do know i wired it up normal right? aha. like low beam its only low beam, and high on the h4 it is the high on that bulb...rite? i dont use the high beams for more than 5 minutes at most anyways and also i put a higher upgraded harness =)

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
              you do know i wired it up normal right? aha. like low beam its only low beam, and high on the h4 it is the high on that bulb...rite? i dont use the high beams for more than 5 minutes at most anyways and also i put a higher upgraded harness =)
              They do? I can't see how through the diagram, but I'll take your word for it since I don't have jdm headlights anymore. Maybe one day when I pick up a new set I can use this

Comment

hahah yea they do.

its hard to explain unless you understand how a relay works, its just like a mini switch.

85+86 is the switch. one is always going to get positive and the other is going to get negitive allowing whatever is at pin 30 to go to pin 87. think of it as a door, 85+86 will open the door for the pin 30 to go to the 87.

in this case, i used the positive and negitive from the high beam (it only does pos and neg when the high is on and not when its off) to trigger the switch. pin 30 is grounded to the high beam ground, so that signal goes directly to pin 87 as a ground to turn on the h4 high beam.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

i know this may sound dumb but has anyone convertered the h4/h1 to 9005/9006 due to the fact i already purchased hids for my 90 accord ..... i might purchase a set of jdm 1 piece headlight for my accord but i now realized that there h4/h1 is there anyway around this? custom fit the rear socket to 9005/9006?

Comment

nice write up

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

So I've got a pair of chrome trimed JDM headlights and I'm not quiet sure how the wiring is done. How can I convert my 9006 & 9005 harnesses to h1 & h4 harnesses?
                      91-accord

watch quick clip: 10-80 mph

Comment

hello???
                        91-accord

Comment

BTW, I'm still waiting for an answer. thank you
                          91-accord

Comment

http://passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-B...-P1768C50.aspx
                            1992 H22A4 Coupe - R.I.P.

Bought from: slammed4thgen. new_beginnings. crzy.tuning. f20aaccordturbo. hondaguy1212. cb4_honda. fatboy1185. wed3k.
                            _____________H22A4CB7. minorreparations. PR CB7. plee3. Bisimoto Engineering.

Sold to: LadyG. sulimed. choppacity. choogee3.

Comment

thank you so much. I think I'm just gonna go ahead and purchase a regular harness for an h1 and h4 and hook it up that way.
                              91-accord

Comment

they sell all 4 right there in one package.
                                i bought myself a set; saves a hell of a lot of trouble.
                                i think it came up to ~45$ shipped
                                1992 H22A4 Coupe - R.I.P.

Bought from: slammed4thgen. new_beginnings. crzy.tuning. f20aaccordturbo. hondaguy1212. cb4_honda. fatboy1185. wed3k.
                                _____________H22A4CB7. minorreparations. PR CB7. plee3. Bisimoto Engineering.

Sold to: LadyG. sulimed. choppacity. choogee3.

Comment

Working...
                                X