Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Finding parts in Alaska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding parts in Alaska

Didn't realize this would be so difficult. Any Alaskan members lurking who know where to find parts cheap?

Went to Knik Wrecking Yard a few days ago... These are the prices they gave me, luckily I asked before pulling the parts. Keep in mind they had 5 sedans and 2 coupes, most of which still had all of these parts.
    Taillight wire harness: $40 (Yeah, the little 10 inches of wire and connector)
    Wiper control handle from steering column: $90
    Rear mudflaps: $30 EACH
    10 Spoke 14" OEM rims: $40 EACH

After hearing those prices and failing at getting him to budge I just walked out and said "I'll go get them for less at the dealership" on my way out the door.

This was a real disappointment because I found a Legend lip, an SE accord with intact front bumper and 1 fog, rear wing, and color matched door handles for my car... :/

This is my first time going out junkyard hunting and I hope that finding better prices than that isn't impossible up here.

RIP my last two CB7s.
    New rides:
    '82 Volvo 245 drift project
    '87 Volvo 244 daily
    Born2DieApparel.com

sounds like youre in DIY ville, the land of reuse and recycling and pounding square pegs through round holes...own a welder?
    i think shipping prices would offset, buy ebay parts? make some friends in oregon and washington, vancouver, or cruise their craigslist, or pick and pull lots there that are online and will usually ship too, perhaps with freight discounts if you can get like a pallet worth of parts.
    kinda sucks, id look around at whats popular and get one of them and keep the cb as a project car that you can whittle away at when time permits.

Comment

Try car-part.com

It is a search engine for junkyard parts.
      Originally posted by deevergote
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
        kinda sucks, id look around at whats popular and get one of them and keep the cb as a project car that you can whittle away at when time permits.
        CBs arent too uncommon up here, seems like most drivers here have a Subaru Outback, or a big lifted truck/jeep.

My best bet would be buying parts cars... but I have already used up all of my allotted parking spots for my apartment. :/

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
        Try car-part.com

It is a search engine for junkyard parts.
        Doesnt show anything for Alaska last I checked.

RIP my last two CB7s.
        New rides:
        '87 Volvo 244 daily
        Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

Normally we don't allow region-specific threads, but I understand your difficulty. I think we've had 2 or 3 Alaskan members in the entire time this forum has existed, and they rarely stay long. It's entirely possible that it's been the same car passed around!

You might have to deal with shipping. car-part.com dealers will often ship the parts (though it won't be cheap.) Ebay is a good source as well, as long as you research what you're buying thoroughly, so you know what you're getting.
          Once you reach 30 posts, you'll have access to the Classifieds on this site as well. Lots of good things can be found there.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Normally we don't allow region-specific threads, but I understand your difficulty. I think we've had 2 or 3 Alaskan members in the entire time this forum has existed, and they rarely stay long. It's entirely possible that it's been the same car passed around!
            I certainly have been having a hard time finding any cb7tuners.
            There are tons of CB7s up here... All of which are bone stock or have a snowboard/ski rack or some extra lights.

Just put my cb7tuner.com decals on it yesterday though, guess I'll have to recruit some.

RIP my last two CB7s.
            New rides:
            '87 Volvo 244 daily
            Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

Did I send you decals? I don't remember sending any to Alaska!

Comment

uh oh....
                Henry R
                Koni/Neuspeed
                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

The price for the wheels doesn't sound too unrealistic. We pay $40-50 per wheel here, depending if it is alloy or steel or depending on the size.

The rear mud flaps seem sort of pricey. I'd expect to maybe bay $20 each tops.

The other prices are totally out of whack. Sometimes you may be cheaper to pay those prices as shipping costs do start to get expensive.

I know it's a pain for us in Canada buying parts from the US sometimes, as we have to pay the shipping ontop of the purchase price, and many times we get stuck having to pay duty on our items. Sometimes that $25 part costs almost $100 by the time it gets to your door.

Best of luck with your parts hunting. Depending on shipping costs, I'm in Alberta and live very close to a large Pick N Pull with a large selection of CB's. If you're super stuck for parts, I'm always willing to help out a fellow CB member.
                  Last edited by crazymikey; 12-24-2013, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Did I send you decals? I don't remember sending any to Alaska!
                    Assuming this is your handwriting on the envelope, you did.

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                    Best of luck with your parts hunting. Depending on shipping costs, I'm in Alberta and live very close to a large Pick N Pull with a large selection of CB's. If you're super stuck for parts, I'm always willing to help out a fellow CB member.
                    Only a couple of small things I need, mostly just a lot of "wants". Pretty discouraging, was hoping that I'd one day have color matched bumpers, but I'll stick with plastic over shipping full bumper covers. Thanks for the offer though. I'm going to just look into a place to keep a parts car while I take it apart and go that route.

RIP my last two CB7s.
                    New rides:
                    '87 Volvo 244 daily
                    Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

Oh yeah, whaddya know! I did send them!

Comment

Oh yeah, whaddya know! I did send them!

Proof.
                        Thanks by the way
                        Tried putting them on outside at -10F and they wouldn't stick at all, got it in the garage later that day though.

RIP my last two CB7s.
                        New rides:
                        '87 Volvo 244 daily
                        Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

Working...
                        X