No announcement yet.

SUSP : Suspension Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to get the stru to stop spinning while you try and loosen the bolt, just use an allen wrench in the allen wrench hole on top of the rod

-- Check out my CB -- My CRV blackhousing thread!!-- My CG coupe--

Comment

i took everything apart fine, is just that i didnt have the right bolt for the konis. so ill work on it this weekend coming up

Comment

The only thing that i think is missing from the write up itself is if you are dropping id say about 2" or more you should cut your bump stops in half , I did not do this and im riding on Neuspeed Race Springs and I beleive im riding on the stops right now , my left side is 1/4" lower sitting then my right and car is hella bouncin' I hope to god this is my bump stops and blown shocks , Im getting Tokico Blues and cuttin the bump stops and we shall see then whats up ......
        Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

bump so i can find this easy tomorrow

Comment

lol. i am about to install my new coilovers so i am gonna try to do it based on these thread. so if anyone has found out something different and more helpful then post it.
            91 Ex CB9
            JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
            p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
            Weight Reductions
            R33 or R34 front end

Comment

having an extra person helps.................alot
              it shaved about 3 hrs from it would have taken me alone.

Comment

took me about 6-7 hours, alone. it was my first time really ever working on my car.

i can do it in about 4-5 hours now. all with hand tools and tons of degreaser and pb blaster.

but yes, having a friend help you is awesome, especially when trying to get them back in.

a word of advice, use some anti-seize on everything. it will make future removal of all tose bolts/nuts WAY easier.

another thing, let everything FLOOD in pb-blaster at least an hour before you get started.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                  took me about 6-7 hours, alone. it was my first time really ever working on my car.

i can do it in about 4-5 hours now. all with hand tools and tons of degreaser and pb blaster.

but yes, having a friend help you is awesome, especially when trying to get them back in.

a word of advice, use some anti-seize on everything. it will make future removal of all tose bolts/nuts WAY easier.

another thing, let everything FLOOD in pb-blaster at least an hour before you get started.

PB blaster has never worked for me for any of my stuck bolts, no matter how much i soak it and let it sit. luckily all the bolts on my suspension weren't seized, but there were a few bolts around the cb7 that i cannot get loose at all...

Comment

swapped two cars, remove all the strut/sway bars off my car, installed distributor, spark plugs and wires on our project car all in 11 hours inccluding lunch break (w/ an extra person)

not sure if this helps but you dont have to take out the LBJ.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

19.) Get back down out of the car and line up the last bolt into place. You may need to use that second jack again to push it to place in order to line up the holes.

YOU WILL DEFINITELY NEED TO DO THIS.

f22aacoordturbo and davids92accord tried to do this without the extra jack and it wouldnt line up at all till we used another jack!

good luck!

Comment

i only used one jack.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

going to try this in about 10 minutes. some friends are coming over. hopefully this thread will help me out. -Mike
                          1993 Honda Accord LX
                          2006 Yamaha R6
                          2004 Acura TSX

Comment

Originally posted by Minze
                            going to try this in about 10 minutes. some friends are coming over. hopefully this thread will help me out. -Mike
                            definitely helps to have 2 people. more may just be overkill (tool handers) lol

Comment

did anyone have trouble getting the upper fork bolt off?? i couldn't get that bastard off to save my life!! i wd-40d the hell out of it and still no success...i picked up some PB Blaster today and sprayed it on so hopefully when i do it tomorrow it'll be a good bolt and come off

Click ^^^ for MR Thread
                              Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                              by the way, arguing on the net is like womens basketball, even if you win, no one cares.

Comment

Originally posted by papychulo82
                                did anyone have trouble getting the upper fork bolt off?? i couldn't get that bastard off to save my life!! i wd-40d the hell out of it and still no success...i picked up some PB Blaster today and sprayed it on so hopefully when i do it tomorrow it'll be a good bolt and come off

what i did was drown it in PB blaster and let it sit for 30-45 minutes. then i beat the living crap out of it with a hammer (real one, not a rubber mallet). hit every spot that the bolt may be seized onto. after hitting it i took a ratchet to it and it finally came loose.

btw, is it still on the car? because i had mine OFF the car when i did it

Comment

Working...
                                X