Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use my Tamron 17-50 on a Nikon D90 and D200. I am very pleased with the results I get from it. Yes, the version you mentioned earlier and the one doesn't have any image stabilization, however if you plan on also using flash then that will help you freeze action. I feel comfortable and confident enough in the lens where it served me as my main lens pretty much at a wedding I shot this summer. I also like the fact that the lens is able to focus quite close allowing for decent closeups. Ill post 3 pics for you so you can see what its capable of.

This was shot at f4 @ 50mm. Nice soft bokeh and even softer @ f2.8

Close up shot at f2.8 @ 50mm 1/40sec shutter. Flash fired pointing up with gary fong lightsphere

Close up shot at f2.8 @ 50mm 1/60sec shutter. Flash fired pointing up with gary fong lightsphere

Hope this helps
    Last edited by cb7wagonPL; 02-08-2010, 10:32 PM.
    The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
    Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
    Check out my JDM F22B swap
    Watch my CB7 video

Comment

LMAO @ that little red faced guy with green hair in the second shot
      Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Originally posted by cb7wagonPL View Post
        LMAO @ that little red faced guy with green hair in the second shot
        its a mothafuckin oompa loompa lol
        峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Chris-Your shots are great, we worship the ground you walk on...blah blah blah...
          Whats up with your watermarks though? You have a different one all the time with different names. None of them are overly distracting, but just curious.

cb7wagonpl-Great examples of what the 17-50 is capable of. Here is a few more:

1999 Honda Prelude
          Photography Site

Comment

yes, there was an oompa loompa walking around at one of the parties i shot! lol... and thanks as always... my the watermark is a new website my partner and i are building for exclusive event work... ill still have crsfoto.com as my personal portfolio site and for all the same reasons as before but dablackswan.com will be my nightlife entity.

the other watermark is exact events which is the other company i work for....

and awesome series zelseman, i absolutely love that last image. great use of space....

"Tucking tires and wires."
            The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7wagonPL View Post
              This was shot at f4 @ 50mm. Nice soft bokeh and even softer @ f2.8
              The colors and sharpness in this picture are just awesome!

Originally posted by Maple50175
              Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

I figured it was something like that. Keep it up. And thanks for the kind words.

1999 Honda Prelude
                Photography Site

Comment

just pulled the trigger on a used tamron 17-50mm non-VC today. pretty hyped up about it too. oh and yeh for 315 shipped, i dont think its that bad with the original reciept and the warranty card in it too. and since they have a 6YR warranty on them, i still have a couple years for it. pretty excited and thanks for the help guys. i really do appreciate it and it made my decision so much easier between the 17-50 and the 28-75. thanks also for the sample pics. those looks great!!!

Comment

MY YOUTUBE Channel Plz Sub for the Support thanks

^^^ Click for the Link ^^^

Comment

The blown out white in those dont work for me except in the last one. I like the last one a lot!

1999 Honda Prelude
                      Photography Site

Comment

Originally posted by zelseman View Post
                        The blown out white in those dont work for me except in the last one. I like the last one a lot!
                        well thanks but...thats how im likin it....

Comment

I think that we should make it a habit of posting some kind of explanation for the photos posted or what your goals or intentions were when shooting, rather than just posting a few shots. Everyone will interpret a shot in a different way because we see things different. For example, there is high-key photography where whites can be predominant in the image and there are areas that are over exposed on purpose to achieve a certain look or to draw attention to a certain part of the image.

The same goes for low-key where blacks would be dominating.

So lets start adding a little info about the pic and maybe even how you took it ie lighting set up if flash was used or why its framed the way it is.
                          Watch my CB7 video

Comment

I think that ishalf the fun of photographs and art in general. Try to read the image and find out what the artist is thinking and trying to convey.

1999 Honda Prelude
                            Photography Site

Comment

Originally posted by zelseman View Post
                              I think that is half the fun of photographs and art in general. Try to read the image and find out what the artist is thinking and trying to convey.
                              x2,,,with any "art" is like that

Comment

"Tucking tires and wires."
                                The Chronicles.

Comment

Working...
                                X