CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Image Gallery

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-16-2014, 10:55 PM   #61
802cb7
CB7tuner Member

802cb7 is cool... so far.
Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes!!! She is a clean car, and I love her dearly, she does need a little work, but not much at all. Replaced my passenger side inside door handle today. I would post a pic, but figured we all know what they look like lol. Now i'm going to check out some more of your cars!!!
802cb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:41 PM   #62
802cb7
CB7tuner Member

just a few more pic's. Its -40* here in Vermont right now, so I cant do much for the old CB. Just keeping her clean, and oil changed. Still battling with the ignition timing issue. I do a base idle to a perfect 700rpm, then set base timing at 15* BTDC, which is having me turn the dizzy almost all the way to the right. Reset the ecu , remove the jumper from service connecter. Drive around for the day (88 miles for work a day) and then check timing again. With service connecter NOT jumped it wants me to have the dizzy more centered, but in base timing mode like I was saying it wants it turned to the right. What the hell is that all about? Car feels ok...but not as powerful as I feel it should be, I know somethings up. I've had several of my technician friends look at cam timing and the belt and everything is lined up, and the belt has good tension. So I'm at a huge loss on what it could be. Because from my understanding most if not all HONDA distributors want to be more centered , correct?

Got lots in store for spring/summer. I've been toying with the idea of having everything the same color, no black side moldings and no black on the bumper and painting the grill the same color as the car. The only 2 honda guys in my town dont like that idea, what do you think? really want the "GOLD KIT" for the car too. I really wish honda had an option to have the chrome window trims etc in gold as well.

Oh, and for you old timers, remember back in the day, 2002-2005 APC made projector headlights for these cars? I remember you could walk right into Advanced auto parts and pick them up right off the shelf. I havent been able to find them on-line, and for some reason APC doesnt seem to have a website? I really like their lights as they are basically stock, glass, and with the obvious projector, cheap too. The shit I'm seeing for our cars now just look horrible and crappy. I dont want to do a jdm one piece because I actually am wanting amber corners and think its a good look on my color car. good contrast.

Last edited by 802cb7; 01-07-2015 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:07 PM   #63
1813mdw
CB7tuner Member

1813mdw is cool... so far.
Your mechanical timing could be off by a tooth at the cam. I got my cb7 for super cheap because the previous two owners couldn't figure out that someone had replaced the water pump and installed the t-belt wrong. Mine was off two teeth and wouldn't rev past 4k and had no power at all. With your symptoms it may only be one tooth off which could easily be overlooked.
1813mdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 07:12 PM   #64
1813mdw
CB7tuner Member

1813mdw is cool... so far.
And yeah our dizzy is usually close to centered. When my cam timing was off I could not advance the dizzy anywhere close to enough.
1813mdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 09:52 AM   #65
HenRoc
Black Thunder

HenRoc seems to have made some friends! HenRoc seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to HenRoc
Where in NH did you end up picking it up? That is SUPER clean.

A good friend of mine found a 91 SE with 80k miles with no rust. Sat in a garage most of it's life.

Where in VT are you located? There's a few us down in the Southern NH area.
1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video
HenRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:44 PM   #66
802cb7
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenRoc View Post
Where in NH did you end up picking it up? That is SUPER clean.

A good friend of mine found a 91 SE with 80k miles with no rust. Sat in a garage most of it's life.

Where in VT are you located? There's a few us down in the Southern NH area.

It was a private sale in hinneker <sp? Good score on the SE!!! I would love to find a low mileage CB someday, and start a fleet of these!!! I'm in central VT, about 45 minutes from west lebanon NH. You guys ever cruise around down there?
Old 03-03-2015, 01:50 PM   #67
Accrdwgnguy
Contributing Member

Accrdwgnguy seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to Accrdwgnguy
Henniker, next town over from mine. Funny thing, just picked up my 86 Saab from the auction house today, has a henniker sticker on it.

I've been to West Leb maybe once or twice ever. Mostly hang out around here, Manchester area.
Accrdwgnguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 04:44 AM   #68
P_Sean
Newcomer

P_Sean is cool... so far.
This right here is my Coupe twin lol (Colour-wise). Very clean. Its very rare to see a stock-Clean car nowadays. Keep it Classy!!!
P_Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:21 AM   #69
802cb7
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
Henniker, next town over from mine. Funny thing, just picked up my 86 Saab from the auction house today, has a henniker sticker on it.

I've been to West Leb maybe once or twice ever. Mostly hang out around here, Manchester area.
I'm down for a meet in the manchester area, I've got a few people in my town that would go. Funny thing about the SAAB. I'm also a big fan, had a 1988 900, and a 1997 Cs that I converted to a cse. I collect saab stuff, yet no longer own a saab
Old 03-04-2015, 08:24 AM   #70
802cb7
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sean View Post
This right here is my Coupe twin lol (Colour-wise). Very clean. Its very rare to see a stock-Clean car nowadays. Keep it Classy!!!

Yeah, I've noticed that clean stock cars are getting more attention than modified ones lol. I've always been a fan of OEM+, and really dont have huge plans to heavily mod the car. A few things here and there, factory stuff mostly, etc, maybe an H22 in the future after i get sick of the F, which really in my opinion isnt that bad, and yes, I WILL keep it classy!!!
Old 03-07-2015, 04:09 PM   #71
802cb7
CB7tuner Member

Still nothing exciting to report . Still need to file my taxes and get my return However , I did grab a full set of tan cd floormats, and a set of front rubber mats that say accord on them from the junk yard. Took them into work and cleaned them up really nice. Found a really nice set of fog lights for 9293 too. I may grab them , the harness, and switch just to sell them. I now also have a really nice leather owners manual book with white stitching, says honda on the front. Pulled that from a 2009 honda civic. I'll take pictures of what I got , just to add more pictures lol, because everyone likes pictures. Also, maybe someone can help me out with this? I've been wheel shopping , and am having a hell of a time deciding on what to get. I will be dropping the car, but not slamming it, or going for a stance thing or anything. I prefer function, and drivability . But I cant decide on 15", or 16" !!! I know I want some xxr's which I think look great on CB's, but cant decide on which style. Anyone running xxr's? Or, if someone could add a link to a good wheel tread?
Old 03-08-2015, 10:54 AM   #72
Accrdwgnguy
Contributing Member

Accrdwgnguy seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to Accrdwgnguy
Get those foglights! And get them complete, brackets, harness, switch and all fasteners. A complete set is worth good money on here
Accrdwgnguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 01:02 PM   #73
Straight Success
Contributing Member

Straight Success is someone to admire Straight Success is someone to admire Straight Success is someone to admire
For over 200K, this thing is right.

"...they did the bowties, I did the ascots, as much as I have, I'm still reppin' the have nots..."

- So Raspy

Straight Success is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 02:13 PM   #74
802cb7
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Success View Post
For over 200K, this thing is right.

Thanks man! I've checked out yours as well, and the video's . I'm at 218,000 now. Doesnt help i have a 46 mile commute one way to work!!!
Old 04-04-2015, 08:02 PM   #75
802cb7
CB7tuner Member

Picked up some 9293 fog lights for my 9293 front end swap. Found a 92 at the yard with an absolutely mint front end. They want $75 for the bumper, $50 for the head lights, grill is free. I'll have to paint it, but its going to clean up my front end so much!!! Current bumper is nasty, with a bunch of broken tabs in the back etc... I promise I'll have pic's up when its all said and done.

Also, still looking for other cb7 members in New England to cruise with to a few shows over the summer.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:15 PM   #76
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
So I take this as a sign that you're keeping it?!

I've yet to see a cappuccino brown Accord with a '92-'93 front end on it. For all the things that it would seem silly to be excited about, I'm definitely excited to see that outcome! Hurry up!
Old 04-05-2015, 08:04 AM   #77
802cb7
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
So I take this as a sign that you're keeping it?!

I've yet to see a cappuccino brown Accord with a '92-'93 front end on it. For all the things that it would seem silly to be excited about, I'm definitely excited to see that outcome! Hurry up!

Haha, yeah. I'm keeping her. I had one of those moments that I'm sure many of us have where I started thinking about trying to get a more modern car and just how much money its going to take to get this 25 year old car where I want it. But then after just one drive , I remembered why i love this car, and why its important to keep going with it.
Old 04-05-2015, 03:20 PM   #78
PoeticRuins
Newcomer

PoeticRuins is cool... so far.
indeed, just like my 2nd cb, I'm currently looking for the parts needed for the 5 lug swap and some oem honda 5 lug wheels, looking at some lude rims or accord/itr rims if i want to drop alot on them, still unsure if im going disc in the back yet. love the look of that ride of yours, wish mines paint was that good, going bad or not its sharp man
PoeticRuins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 05:53 PM   #79
802cb7
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoeticRuins View Post
indeed, just like my 2nd cb, I'm currently looking for the parts needed for the 5 lug swap and some oem honda 5 lug wheels, looking at some lude rims or accord/itr rims if i want to drop alot on them, still unsure if im going disc in the back yet. love the look of that ride of yours, wish mines paint was that good, going bad or not its sharp man

Thanks!!! Rear disc is also in my future I hope. I'll never understand why they used drum on an ex coupe.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:49 PM   #80
802cb7
CB7tuner Member

finally warm enough here in VT to wash and wax outside!!! I clayed , polished, and waxed the car yesterday. I PROMISE TO GET PICS of everything i've been doing tomorrow. Waiting on my headlights, HID kit, and springs to get here too

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: