Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

No pressure building for clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No pressure building for clutch

Ok fellas Im about 75% done with the auto to manual swap on my CB7. I can say it is labor intensive!! Well this is my problem now. We bled the clutch for like 30min and still have no pressure on the clutch. the pedal just falls to the floor. I have no leaks at the slave cylinder, banjo bolt, dampener assembly or master cylinder. I did check the master cyl. before I installed it and it seems ok. I have done a search on this topic and it sounding like i need to replace the master cylinder. But the thing I cant understand is that I dont have any leaks. What should be the next step.

keep pumping it happened to me a while ago also make sure an tighten all the fittings up.
    Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

My solution

/comfort

I know how you feel and it has happened to me.

What i did was, Hold the Slave cyclinder to the right when you start to pump the clutch pedal.

what i mean is, you see how the slave cyclinder pushes a plate back and forth
      to release and push the clutch right? well hold that plate to the right, toward the slave cyclinder, then start pumping the clutch pedal. This gives it something to push against. If you dont see what im talking about i'll post picks next. Good Luck hope this helps
      1991 Accord
      2dr 5spd sunroof
      H22a

Comment

I just put a new slave cylinder in my 91. It was leaking everywhere and the pedal was dropping to the floor and not coming back up. Took my dad and I about 20 minutes or so to build up pressure. We used almost a whole bottle of brake fluid to get it right. Just keep pumping it and have someone hold a little container with an inch or two of fluid with a rubber hose connected to the bleader screw on the slave cylinder. Just pump the clutch (really fast and continuously) and have your pal open up the bleader screw for a few seconds every X amount of pumps. The trick I found was that it biult (0 or NO!) pressure if I wasn't pumping the pedal fast enough... Sounds odd but thats why it took us so long... Just pump that BITXCH FAST!!! It'l come to, just give it time and a strong arm on the clutch pedal it'l work... Any other questions just ask, im happy to help. -Garrett

Comment

Boost Lee had this same problem. It could be the dampner that mounts to the passenger's side inner fender. When I did my swap, I noticed that my clutch line had a braided line on it. It basically eliminates the dampner that can cause the above problem. Lee got a line made and the problem is no more.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
          JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

is it possible to just run a line from the master cylinder all the way to the slave cylinder?? how about that rubber line thats attached to the transmission with the banjo bolt?? can I bypass that also?? First I am going to try to build pressure by bleeding.

Comment

You should hit up my boy... He know his shit on the clutch lines..... Oh hit him up he will have your car up and running..... sleepycb7

Comment

Yes you can. There is a lot of flex in the rubber hose.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Thanks fellas! Im going to try to build pressure up first. If that doesnt work i will change the master cyl. If that doesnt work im going to change the slave cyl. If Im still having problems then Im just going to run a line from the master cyl. to slave cyl. I will keep you guys updated. So far im 75% done with my auto to manual swap. all that is left is installing the axles, steering knuckles and ecu. Im at the point of no return. I cant stop now and put everything back to automatic. I have to keep pressing forward I knew that It was going to be a challenge but I was unaware that it was labor intensive!! But hey what can I say, I learned so much more about the car now than I ever had!!! I just want to get this done before it gets cold!

Comment

Originally posted by Madlax View Post
                    /comfort

I know how you feel and it has happened to me.

What i did was, Hold the Slave cyclinder to the right when you start to pump the clutch pedal.

what i mean is, you see how the slave cyclinder pushes a plate back and forth
                    to release and push the clutch right? well hold that plate to the right, toward the slave cyclinder, then start pumping the clutch pedal. This gives it something to push against. If you dont see what im talking about i'll post picks next. Good Luck hope this helps
                    it will help if you can post the pics of your solution. I will try this evening.

Comment

Working...
                    X