Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Tempted on Buying CB With No Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tempted on Buying CB With No Title

Ok fellas, I need your feedback on this one. The weather is changing up here in the Windy City. I dont want to drive my CB in the winter because its pretty low for the snow. I purchased a 91 SE for my son last year. He got sandwiched this summer! So its just in my back yard sitting.

IMO, I dont think its worth trying to fix the rear end damage. This is my delima, I found a black 90 Honda Accord EX sedan at this towing facility. its in pretty good shape cosmetically. Car doesnt start. The towing facility dont have the title. They want $250 for the whole car. My plans for this was to totally strip my SE and put the entire interior (black) and motor into the 90 EX. I did some checking and noticed that the VIN# plate is riveted to the dash. If I was to take the dash out of my SE and install into the 90 EX would I be doing something wrong?? (know what I mean??) The VIN# on title for my SE would match the Vin# on the dash on the EX if I was to do the swap. I think its a good deal and Im temped to do it. Has anyone ever been in this type of situation?? Please gentlemen leave your feedback.

There's vin plates on the door, engine, too.

Comment

Oh, and you can apply for a new title on the vehicle, too. I think you just need a bill of sale from the yard you get it from. Might want to ask about that beforehand.

Comment

yeah and there is one stamped on the firewall...in plain sight!

id say the filing for a new title idea is the best

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

If the papers are just missing then you will have to do a registration search via ICBC or alike. They will track down the previous registered owner and then you will have to get signed transfers from that person, if your lucky they don't say you stole the car from them, they might even want a few bucks for it.

If they don't track down a previous owner you just have to apply for a new Regi/VIN.

Or just swap dashes and use your current registration, unless you get pulled over for doing something really stuip the cops won't check the tags on door or engine bay.

When winters over swap back and then deal with the paperwork.

I had a simmilar issue last year, took 9 months to get it sorted out the legal way.

GOT F?

Comment

If it's from a towing yard, the previous owner may want it back if they're contacted!

You could probably get away with the VIN swap, as long as nobody checked the other locations. Applying for a replacement title really is the only way to go, though.

Plus, if you ever want to sell the car, there could be some issues there. Like... the 90 EX doesn't have ABS... and that would be a pain to swap over from the SE.

Comment

Thank you gentlemen for your input. Im going to look at this car today or tomarrow make sure that this car is worth it. I was thinking that I might as well go thru the red tape! Keep the feedback comming.

Comment

Well if you buy it i'm still down for towing it... Just let me know... You still got my number? Sorry I wasn't able to save yours cuz so many calls came in overnight.

For 250 i'd do it tho..... Just the tranny is worth 250 lol.
                Meh, not feeling the honda game anymore.
                MY CAR IS SOLD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by champagneaccord View Post
                  Well if you buy it i'm still down for towing it... Just let me know... You still got my number? Sorry I wasn't able to save yours cuz so many calls came in overnight.

For 250 i'd do it tho..... Just the tranny is worth 250 lol.
                  Yeah word up!! Im definately Going to give you a call! Youre located right in Naperville where the car is located! Im going to see the car today. I will have more infor later tonite! Oh yeah, Check your PM.

Comment

very rarely does the vin other than the dash get checked.

Ive done this exact thing before. buy a car with out a title, because you already had a title.

I took JB weld and filled in the vin in the engine bay. And painted over it. Couldnt even tell.

The door one, rip it off, and paint. haha. Only leave the vin on the dash able to see. long as you plan on keeping the car for a while, who really gives a shit?

if you do want to sell it, well sell it to some dumb idiot who doesnt speak much english lol. You'll be golden
                    For all your Powder Coating Needs and More!
                    www.getcolorcoated.com

Comment

Thats what people do to JDM cars. Hey buy a donor vehicle from somebody like a 240SX or Maxima and they slap the VIN on the car. Simple.

Comment

Originally posted by F-edUp1stGen View Post
                        very rarely does the vin other than the dash get checked.

Ive done this exact thing before. buy a car with out a title, because you already had a title.

I took JB weld and filled in the vin in the engine bay. And painted over it. Couldnt even tell.

The door one, rip it off, and paint. haha. Only leave the vin on the dash able to see. long as you plan on keeping the car for a while, who really gives a shit?

if you do want to sell it, well sell it to some dumb idiot who doesnt speak much english lol. You'll be golden

This is what I wanted to hear!

The 90 EX color is black. My sons SE (well its not his anymore) has black interior. I havent seen a black on black CB7 sedan. They both also have sunroofs which is a plus! The more I think about it, the more Im tempting to do it!

Comment

do it

Ride List
                          1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                          2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                          newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

x2 do it

Comment

why not just swap everything from the 90 over to your current chassis. Then your not breaking any laws.

Part it out after.

Comment

Working...
                              X