Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I Too Old To Be Driving This Type of Car??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I Too Old To Be Driving This Type of Car??

I was pulled over last night in the Chi Town area. I had my Moms and cousin with me. The Officer asked for the usual license and insurance which I had. He stated that my exhaust is pretty loud, that is why he pulled me over. After he ran my plates and name thru the computer, it came back clean. So the Officer walks back to me and looks inside my car and states " Yo dude, you are the same age as me!! What the hell are you doing driving this type of car???" I stated "this has been my little 4 banger hot rod for about a year now." I guess he thought I was some young kid at first. So the officer laughs and walks back to his car. So gentlemen I’m 38 years old and I’ve been wondering, am I too old to be driving this type of car??

no.
    you drive what you like,

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
      no.
      you drive what you like,
      Yes! True! And I really like driving my CB! Ive always felt that our cars were more suited for the younger generation since thats all who I see driving them. I guess that was what the cop was thinking also.

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
        no.
        you drive what you like,
        True that been driving the same car since 19 and going on 28 next year

Links to my rides :
        1992 Accord EX*
        1990 Accord EX
        1991 Accord SE (4th)
        1991 Accord SE (3rd)
        1991 Accord SE (2ND)
        1991 Accord SE

Comment

surprisingly, alot of older guys mod these cars. its more older than younger i think. the youngins i always felt liked the newer integras/civics etc. except me of course. i love the old skool-ish honda deal. my friends tell me that you have to have an "aquired taste" to drive what i drive.

Soon to have the first *Bottle Fed Accord* in MI!

Vouch For: fatboy1185

Comment

to be honest. i want to finish this car and keep it for as long as possible. ill drive it till im eighty if i can. lol. but it will probably disintegrate before then.

Soon to have the first *Bottle Fed Accord* in MI!

Vouch For: fatboy1185

Comment

Ill be honest dont hate me....... this is just my opinion

You can drive whatever you want but at 38 i hope to be driving something besides a 1993 honda. (which i already sold). I viewed my honda as a cheap car to modify since im a kid. I always viewd honda as cars for younger people (age 17 to like 26) to modify since its cheap , simple, and parts are cheap. I always viewd adults having real hot rods, muscle cars, or sports cars (vette, g35, skyline). Its different if its not your DD and its your weekend car or something.

just my 2cents

Comment

Originally posted by Pazzword JDM View Post
                to be honest. i want to finish this car and keep it for as long as possible. ill drive it till im eighty if i can. lol. but it will probably disintegrate before then.
                makes you wonder if 10-15 years from now if this site will still be here

Links to my rides :
                1992 Accord EX*
                1990 Accord EX
                1991 Accord SE (4th)
                1991 Accord SE (3rd)
                1991 Accord SE (2ND)
                1991 Accord SE

Comment

Originally posted by Bcozzi71 View Post

You can drive whatever you want but at 38 i hope to be driving something besides a 1993 honda. (which i already sold). I viewed my honda as a cheap car to modify since im a kid. I always viewd honda as cars for younger people to modify. (age 17 to like 26) I always viewd adults having real hot rods, muscle cars, or sports cars (vette, g35, skyline).

just my 2cents
                  you sound like a freind of mine. he always says get a new car and sell this accord he said I should be in a 2000 and up but I laugh at him and say when you get a car please talk to me

My father is 70 years old and drives a 2006 Toyota celica and they tell him all the time he needs a older car lmao

Links to my rides :
                  1992 Accord EX*
                  1990 Accord EX
                  1991 Accord SE (4th)
                  1991 Accord SE (3rd)
                  1991 Accord SE (2ND)
                  1991 Accord SE

Comment

Originally posted by Hondateck2010 View Post
                    you sound like a freind of mine. he always says get a new car and sell this accord he said I should be in a 2000 and up but I laugh at him and say when you get a car please talk to me

My father is 70 years old and drives a 2006 Toyota celica and they tell him all the time he needs a older car lmao
                    lol so you wouldnt trade your cb7 for a s2000? Just saying if someone offered..

Comment

You can drive whatever you want but at 38 i hope to be driving something besides a 1993 honda. (which i already sold). I viewed my honda as a cheap car to modify since im a kid. I always viewd honda as cars for younger people to modify. (age 17 to like 26) I always viewd adults having real hot rods, muscle cars, or sports cars (vette, g35, skyline).

just my 2cents
                      Its the circle of life.....You'll have expensive cars in your life- mod them, then get married (numero uno in stopping car modding) have kids, a house, a mortgagae and realize you want a reliable comfy daily driver your wife will ride in, a truck to haul stuff and of course she wants the most expensive thing on the road too.

So you get a nice comfy new car to use everyday and then you find yourself lookling on Craigs and at old used hondas you used to drive when you were young. Then you'll be back into moding old hondas because its cheap and your wife doesn't throw a fit and you can justify it with the "honey its my beater or I only drive his every so often" when in reality it becomes a fairly nice car if you know what you are doing with it. Besides we all know its "built not bought" that gives us old guys the props !

Comment

im hoping my 93 accord will be what a 69 mustang is to others in my garage when i get older. next year after im done with it and get my credit fixed, ill be looking at somthing else for a dd. maybe a fit, maybe a cube.

Comment

Originally posted by GTP View Post
                          Its the circle of life.....You'll have expensive cars in your life- mod them, then get married (numero uno in stopping car modding) have kids, a house, a mortgagae and realize you want a reliable comfy daily driver your wife will ride in, a truck to haul stuff and of course she wants the most expensive thing on the road too.

So you get a nice comfy new car to use everyday and then you find yourself lookling on Craigs and at old used hondas you used to drive when you were young. Then you'll be back into moding old hondas because its cheap and your wife doesn't throw a fit and you can justify it with the "honey its my beater or I only drive his every so often" when in reality it becomes a fairly nice car if you know what you are doing with it. Besides we all know its "built not bought" that gives us old guys the props !
                          Agree.

Comment

Paul, thats just crazy talk man!

You can drive what you want. I think the cop, and people in general, associate loud exhaust with younger "punks".

Im kind of on the fence about this topic as i feel the way you do; i like the body style, i like the crowd and i like the car in general, but lately ive been asking myself, "Is this really what i want to be driving at this point in my life?"

Im already working on parting/selling my CB and moving to something, I feel, is a little more "grown up". Now i will still mod it and it will still be something i might race around in occassionally, but im hoping it wont be viewed as my "Little Honda".

Its a tough decision and a rather strange feeling. I love imports, i love the crowds, i love how cheap they are to modify and if you take care of them, theyll damn near last forever. BUT, people still, unfortunately, assoicate bright, fast, loud, flashy imports with young kids who are dumb and reckless. Now thats not to say you cant drive one or that you are infact like them, but you will be assoicated with that crowd.

I say this was just one incident, and its not a sign you should sell your CB and move onto something different. I think it all depends on what you like and how old you feel.

I think the real question here is, "Should you still be focused on modifying/tuning little "tinker toy" imports, at your age?". This goes back again, to how you feel and what you wanna do. If you feel you shouldnt, then dont. If you think people are viewing you in a negative fashion, then dont. But its your life my friend. Who cares what other people think or how they view you. You're happy and having fun doing it, thats all that matters.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                            Originally posted by Jarrett
                            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

lol so you wouldnt trade your cb7 for a s2000? Just saying if someone offered..
                              i wouldnt. its a 2dr sports car. my insurance would jump higher than M. Jordan.

i like my CB. im 23 and still driving and modding it. when im 25 ill probably have sold it, but ill still have a CG(a 99 Accord im getting next year) that ill have to mod. i love my CB. its taken me 5 painful years to finally get the suspension set up how i like it and im close to getting the power where i want it.

Originally posted by GTP View Post

ill never get a car like a Lexus or Infinity and mod it. well i will but it'll be just a drop and rims. anything else is just to costly. my next 2 cars will be a '99 Accord next year and then the following year a '04 TSX. i love my girl. she knows i like to modify cars.

once we get a house, ill be sure to be putting money aside when i can to mod the car if i have money put aside for emergencies 1st. its not just a hobby. its also how i make and save money. the more things i know how to do to a car, then less money i have to pay out of pocket for a shop to do and more money into my pocket to charge someone else a lower price then the shop down the street.

id rather mod a car and have a family and have money saved up then have to stop modding a car and be miserable for the rest of my life. and i know since my g/f loves me, she wouldnt want me to be unhappy either.

modding a car shouldnt just stop just because you get a house and family. i met a guy who had a 5 series BMW and swapped another motor into it, boosted, pushing $400+whp, rims, full suspension(said it was $2500 and showed me the receipt), and had the interior done. all of this and he had a 3 story house with 3 kids and a wife. and 3 other cars. he wasnt rich. just had good credit and knew how to handle money.

THATS what keeps you going in life. not having a lot of money but knowing how to handle the money you have. just because you make $100k a year and have 6 cars, a 4 car garage, and a mansion, doesnt mean you know how to handle money. it means you know to SPEND it. i can make half that and still have a nice house, 4 cars and a 4 car garage and have money left over from it because i can HANDLE money. it may have took me 10 years to get there but i did it with reasonableness. not "oh i make $500k a year. ill go get this Lotus Elise and 3 others to match with it."

Comment

Working...
                              X