Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I Too Old To Be Driving This Type of Car??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bcozzi71 View Post
    lol so you wouldnt trade your cb7 for a s2000? Just saying if someone offered..
    No....and Yes... I can sell it and buy another CB and put more work into....so ether way it's No since I will still own a CB

Links to my rides :
    1992 Accord EX*
    1990 Accord EX
    1991 Accord SE (4th)
    1991 Accord SE (3rd)
    1991 Accord SE (2ND)
    1991 Accord SE

Comment

Originally posted by Hondateck2010 View Post
      No....and Yes... I can sell it and buy another CB and put more work into....so ether way it's No since I will still own a CB
      haha you must really love cb7s if you would sell a new car for it lol Is there any car you would trade for it besides a accord.

Originally posted by drew12000 View Post
      or are cops looking/listening for loud cars expecting to find some "kids" doing someting dumb. drinking, textn, no seatbelt?
      peace
      yes cause kids do drive these cars primarily and they do do stupid stuff like all the things you mention including drinking and driving, speeding, and racing. So they do look for kids and kids cars on the rd.
      Last edited by Bcozzi71; 11-17-2009, 04:52 PM.

Comment

My first car was an 11.5 second 1970 LeMans. I loved it. I've had domestics from economy (75 Mercury Bobcat) to land barge (68 Catalina (400 CID Pontiac block (the big wedge, not that pissy thing GM makes now, with) with 13.5:1 compression - SHE FLEW, but didn't corner for shit). I've also had my fair share of imports, including a factory v6 MGB Tourer, an 81 Fiat Brava coupe that was one of the best handling cars I've ever driven, a couple Sciroccos, and a handful of other rides. I haven't loved any of them the way I love this car. A car is an extension of yourself. Fuck demographics, fuck what other people think. If it's your ride and when you get into it you feel right, then that's all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
          I'm 40, brother, what should we be driving? An oldsmobile? I drive what I like.
          First off, Wow, you guys are older than me! LOL! LOL!! That makes me feel better! LOL!! Driving an Oldsmobile would definitely put us in the Senior Citizen Class! LOL!!

Comment

Drive what you like. Cop is just profiling. Typical of most cops to...

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

I think most people are of the opinion that as you get older your finances should improve. Once your finances improve, you should buy something that match your newer finances. Of course, its this type of attitude that causes people in our society to live paycheck to paycheck, regardless of whether they make $25,000 a year or $150,000 a year.

I wouldn't worry about it. Drive what you want. If its a CB, great! Lower taxes, lower insurance premiums, less "arrogance" effect ("Yes, I drive a MERCEDES. Look how I'm better than you"), and one hell of a great car. Plus, most likely you'll get out of a lot more tickets in an old CB at your age than you would in a Jag. A bit of confusion is good for cops

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                My first car was an 11.5 second 1970 LeMans. I loved it. I've had domestics from economy (75 Mercury Bobcat) to land barge (68 Catalina (400 CID Pontiac block (the big wedge, not that pissy thing GM makes now, with) with 13.5:1 compression - SHE FLEW, but didn't corner for shit). I've also had my fair share of imports, including a factory v6 MGB Tourer, an 81 Fiat Brava coupe that was one of the best handling cars I've ever driven, a couple Sciroccos, and a handful of other rides. I haven't loved any of them the way I love this car. A car is an extension of yourself. Fuck demographics, fuck what other people think. If it's your ride and when you get into it you feel right, then that's all that matters.
                Word up! I have also had a wide variety of cars (including a 71 Catalina with Posi Trac! Yeah I guess we have the same taste for cars LOL!!) and this one is different for some reason. I feel like I can keep this car running for another 10 years versus the others that I had

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
                  Yeah, he did. All the way!

Comment

I plan to keep going with the cb... Im started when I was in the late 15s and I am 24 1/2 lol.

I love the cbs.. there easy, cheap, and look good when there kept super clean!

Comment

I'm also 38 and I've owned my CB since I was 22 years old. I get people telling me all the time I should buy a new car. I'm well off enough that I could pretty much buy any car I want to, if I felt like it. In fact I did buy a new truck, paid it off and then sold it after 2 years. The CB is my only car now. I can think of many more important and worthwile things to spend money on, than a new car.

I tell people that I am a mechanic, and working on cars is my hobby. I have no need to waste money on a new car. What for? New cars become old in a few more years, then what, buy another new car? It doesn't make any sense to me.

My swap thread
                      Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
                        Originally posted by plee3 View Post
                        Yeah, he did. All the way!
                        thats something necessary for cops to do to keep us safe.

Comment

the car you drive, how it looks, and how you drive it is all up to you. i believe my car is an expression of myself. ive never really had anything my whole life so once i got my first car, i knew what i liked, and i knew that i was going to work my ass off to do what i can to it. on my third car now and still doing it. i liked the feeling of being able to control it. ive never had that before. a rough neighborhood, financially stressed family and partially homeless backround made me the way i am today. and i love it. i love my "little honda" because its mine! i can do whatever i want to it. i can incorporate my taste into the style and performance of it and i dont care what anybody thinks or says about it. people can bash on little "riceburners" all day, but in the end, its what YOU like and what YOU want. thats the pursuit of happiness my friend.
                          Last edited by Pazzword JDM; 11-17-2009, 10:17 PM.

Soon to have the first *Bottle Fed Accord* in MI!

Vouch For: fatboy1185

Comment

Originally posted by Hondateck2010 View Post
                            makes you wonder if 10-15 years from now if this site will still be here
                            whether or not this site is here, there's a good chance I may still have mine!

I've had my CB for 9 years now, still no where near being done with it, so by then I'll probably be as old as you are now. Drive what makes you happy, don't feel like when you turn 40 gotta go buy a buick.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

If i didnt know any better i could have sworn he profiled you in some way. I had one that pulled me over just to ask me what did i do to the car. And i told him hey im in a hurry I gotta go. He was like hes gonna move onto the charger they are pretty fast i went

Comment

wtf hell no i love my baby and she gana stay my baby till the day im old and my dick dont pop i can still say my vtec does she my first car and she will never be forgotten just like how we never forget the girl we lost our v too she will be the timeless classic you see at car shows in the future
                                FROM L.A. TO KILL TOWN BABY

Comment

Working...
                                X