Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

NGk vs Bosch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NGk vs Bosch

This kid I know told me Bosch spark plugs..the iridium ones are bad for jap cars..I know obv. NGk would be boss..but he said Bosch top of the line plugs go bad quick and aren't good for Japanese cars..is this true or is he jus thinking he know everything..

I dont know for sure if it is true, but my local mechanic told me the same thing. He recommended AutoLite plugs.

Comment

I think everyone here is going to tell you to for with NGK or Denso spark plugs for our cars. I've heard diffrent things from Bosch brand and people say they suck for our car and Bosch is mostly meant for VW or Audi but to be honest I'm not 100% sure why there bad for our cars. just what o read maybe someone with more experience will jump in and explain.
      Sold to:
      GunRunner,mtnickel,SanJoCaF22DrAcc,sikz6,daovangph otos,megarock15,
      Purchased From :cb95spd,"sleepin"

Comment

i personally only use ngk as far as plugs and wires go. cant say ive had a problem with them and considering 3 years straight of new plugs and wires every 3000 miles thats pretty damn good

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

I've used Bosch Platinum+4 plugs in my H22 with terrible results. When I switched to NGK Irridium I could actually feel the difference (seriously... not in my head.)

Bosch o2 sensors are crap for our cars. They do not work. I think a lot of people assume that because of that one thing, everything Bosch makes is crap. That is simply not true. Bosch products are great... just not usually great for our cars.

I'm sure a basic Bosch spark plug would work just fine. The gimmicky ones are crap, at least for us.

Comment

Normal bosch plugs are ok but as deeve said the +2 and +4 plugs suck in my opinion. I only use NGK plugs no matter what it is I've had far better results out of NGK's than bosch.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
            "The Turtle"
            DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

I use E3 plugs and they make a huge difference running E85 gasanol, especially when its below 40 degrees outside

Comment

E3 plugs have actually been the subject of many tests that have shown them to be absolute crap... though maybe E85 and cold weather is their strong point...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  E3 plugs have actually been the subject of many tests that have shown them to be absolute crap... though maybe E85 and cold weather is their strong point...
                  lol maybe, in a few days Im actually going to be pulling them out, Its been 2 years Ill check them and see how fouled or carbonated they are

Comment

NGK only for me please.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                    member ride thread
                    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

I prefer NGK over Bosch. I have had Bosch in my old Volvo at one point and they did just fine (After all it is a Euro) but they tend to foul out quickly if your aren't careful. NGK's come stock in Honda's and so it is best to stick with those as others have mentioned above.

Gilly's 2 cents worth here.
                      The CB7 Collector.
                      Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                      92 LX Coupe F22A1
                      2013 Toyota Corolla S
                      92 EX Sedan F22A1
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by redlined302 View Post
                        i personally only use ngk as far as plugs and wires go. cant say ive had a problem with them and considering 3 years straight of new plugs and wires every 3000 miles thats pretty damn good
                        Just question, why do you change them every 3000 miles?

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                        BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                        Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                        CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

For our cars.
                          NGK is best, period.
                          Current:
                          2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
                          1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
                          1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysson_2012 View Post
                            I dont know for sure if it is true, but my local mechanic told me the same thing. He recommended AutoLite plugs.
                            This.

Originally posted by CB7Nub View Post
                            For our cars NGK is best, period.
                            Hell, mine came from the factory with NGK plugs.

The only thing Bosch is good at making is wiper blades.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                            Originally posted by Jarrett
                            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I'm using NGK iridium plugs on my S2000, and find that they hold gapping better than Copper or platinum.

AFAIK, copper plugs are still the best. Best power conducting but need to be replaced every ~25000km. Atleast thats when i did and noticed that they weren't in very good shape

Comment

Working...
                              X