Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Anyone running a f20b auto tranny??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone running a f20b auto tranny??

is there anyone on here running a f20b with an auto tranny?
    What ECU are you running?
    Did you convert from OBD2 to OBD1?

To some point, the ECU is irrelevant to the transmission installed For ODB1 Hondas. The TCU is what you would benefit from the most having matched to the specific transmission you were using. If you're just keeping the OEM CB automatic, then retaining the OEM TCU is all you would need. Then just have a chipped P06/P28/P72 (or similar) ECU tuned to the F20B, and you're set.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

You could probably get away with an obd1 P13 as well, if you don’t have access to a reliable tuner. Buying a basemapped ECU from the internet can be a little risky (though I’m sure people here have reliable sources they can recommend).

Comment

phearable.net

Comment

Great responses thanks.
          What about the wiring of the distributor? Which harness and hook up is best/easiest to use?
          I have both the uncut engine harness with the motor, and also my uncut harness from my cb? I have looked around the net and find "some" help but nothing thats REALLY layed out 1 way or another.
          I am having a shop do the work so im just trying to pick one and ensure they have all they would need for the job etc.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            You could probably get away with an obd1 P13 as well, if you don’t have access to a reliable tuner. Buying a basemapped ECU from the internet can be a little risky (though I’m sure people here have reliable sources they can recommend).

By the way, I should have clarified my ECU question a bit more in detail. I am looking for which way and HOW to wire it up more than what ecu?
            If I use my cb engine harness, what are the things I will have to change with a H22 OBD1 distrubtor- 31-17405 if any? If I use the f20b harness what needs changed?
            I bought AEM fuel rail with 650 injectors that were suppose to be for h22a obd1 but I had a hard time getting them to fit the rail? I sent them to the shop hoping they will get them figured out but also my cb rail and injectors too if not? My cb injectors are prob worthless though?

ECU:
            I have a fully professional chipped P28 Hondata S300 w/ RB racing COP setup for ECU.

Comment

Use your CB7 harness, and wire everything as specified in the H22A swap thread (should still be stuck at the top of the Swaps section). For most purposes, the F20B can be considered an OBD2 H22A. There are some differences, but I don't know if any are in the mounting/wiring part of it.

Why in the world are you using 650cc injectors? Some OEM H22A injectors will be all you need unless you're building for boost... in which case you have a LOT more to modify. Those 650cc injectors are useless for a stock or near-stock F20B. You're right, your F22A injectors are also going to be worthless. H22A injectors are your best bet. And you need your ECU tuned properly for your particular setup. Unfortunately, your current ECU setup means nothing to me, and probably not much more to anyone else. Unless the tune is your your specific setup, preferably YOUR engine, it's not going to be right. It could even cause damage, depending on how it's set up, regardless of whether or not it's a 'good' tune.

A stock OBD1 P13, stock OBD1 H22A distributor, and stock OBD1 H22A injectors are what you should be using to get up and running. Then have your ECU tuned professionally while IN the car, somewhere down the line.

I hope you got a locked-in price from your shop. I made the mistake of having my H22A installed by a shop back in 2003. They said they had done swaps before, and they were all former Honda techs from the local dealership. Once my car was in pieces, they told me they were at a loss. "It doesn't just drop in like you said!" I had to figure out the wiring, mounting, and everything else on my own (and by "on my own", I mean kind folks on Honda-Tech came to my rescue.) I taught my shop how to do my swap. They quoted me $750 for the labor. I got my car back after handing over a check for $1,450. Then I spent the next decade discovering and fixing all the halfassed stuff they did!

Also, I bumped your post count to 30, since you've been here forever and most of your posts are in the off topic section ("on topic" or not...) You may now post anywhere in the forum.

Comment

[QUOTE=Also, I bumped your post count to 30, since you've been here forever and most of your posts are in the off topic section ("on topic" or not...) You may now post anywhere in the forum.[/QUOTE]

Wow, THANKS DEEVERGOTE! That was nice of you. The same shop I bought my motor from is doing the work. We shall see.

I was sharing that the ECU setup I chose is very flexible as you know so I can get a baseline up and then I will have it dyno later.
                The injectors are 450 I think actually. I was only ensuring I would have room to grow later down the road IF i wanted to boost etc. Thanks again for all this help.

Comment

You’d still be better off with factory obd1 h22 injectors. Hang onto the bigger ones if you think you want to boost later, but don’t use them now. Keep in mind that if you do boost, you’ll want to replace the engine internals. It can be done on stock internals, but most stock bits will fail quickly under boost.

Comment

Originally posted by djALBINI View Post
                    phearable.net
                    Old, but this is the only place I get all my tuning needs!
                    Keep Pushing..

Comment

Working...
                    X