CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Image Gallery

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average. Display Modes
Old 04-24-2019, 10:06 PM   #1
Omgnowai
Newcomer

Omgnowai is cool... so far.
Long(ish) time member, first time post! 93 EX pics inside!

Greetings CB7Tuners!

Does anyone actually say "greetings" anymore?!

Ive been lurking around these here parts for a few years and finally last fall decided to pull the trigger on my very own CB. Every few months I would search CL or FBM for an Accord. Well one popped up and I was immediately in love. Not sure if anyone has had that when they see pictures of a car on the internet but I knew I had to have this one. It wasn't exactly everything I wanted but it was damn close and a clean specimen.

Anyway I messaged the guy about it. I said Ill be in your area on an overnight with work and asked to see it. I got an uber from the hotel to see this car. Pulled up and the car was even nicer in person. Test drove it and she drove pretty well for an early 90's era car. The next weekend my wife and I drove down to see if we could haggle for it. We exchanged numbers and I luckily ended up driving it home!

Anyway before anyone things this thread is worthless without pictures here they are. Again nothing special but its a clean and stock EX coupe.

Feeling cute...might put an H22 in it, IDK.
Omgnowai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 10:37 PM   #2
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
I don't know that I would change a thing. I would fix any issue with genuine Honda parts, change all fluids and drive it on Sundays. Monday through Saturday I would just stare at it in the bubble it would live in inside the garage.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:47 PM   #3
Omgnowai
Newcomer

Ha thanks! Yes it sees the garage through most of the week. Gets driven on the weekends. I wish it were a manual and thats about all I would change. Other than that I like it. Im super afraid that Ill regret modding it in any way. I may pick up another one that isnt in as great of shape and throw the h22a4 I have in the garage to have fun with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
I don't know that I would change a thing. I would fix any issue with genuine Honda parts, change all fluids and drive it on Sundays. Monday through Saturday I would just stare at it in the bubble it would live in inside the garage.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:48 PM   #4
Rilas
CB7tuner Member

Rilas seems to have made some friends!
Very nice example of a clean Accord! Looks great!

If nothing else for the time being if your are going to keep driving it flush the auto trans fluid. Who knows the last time it was done. It will prolong the life of the transmission greatly. You might also want to pop the shift solenoids off and clean the screens on the gaskets. Both of which will prolong the the life of the transmission and also improve the driving quality.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:53 PM   #5
Omgnowai
Newcomer

Thanks for the heads up. I took it to a local Honda dealer and asked about that. The tech (who the service manager said was very experienced) said that I should just change a little fluid because I dont want to get rid of all the friction compound that has been put in the fluid over time from the bands in the transmission. I do agree that I need to change a portion of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilas View Post
Very nice example of a clean Accord! Looks great!

If nothing else for the time being if your are going to keep driving it flush the auto trans fluid. Who knows the last time it was done. It will prolong the life of the transmission greatly. You might also want to pop the shift solenoids off and clean the screens on the gaskets. Both of which will prolong the the life of the transmission and also improve the driving quality.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:09 PM   #6
'93CB7Ex
Gold Member

'93CB7Ex seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to '93CB7Ex
that thing is mint. im with Jarrett. itd live in a bubble if i had it.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:23 PM   #7
Omgnowai
Newcomer

Thanks bud! I think I like driving it too much to let it sit in a bubble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
that thing is mint. im with Jarrett. itd live in a bubble if i had it.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:38 PM   #8
fleetw00d
Contributing Member

fleetw00d is very helpful fleetw00d is very helpful
Welcome! and very nice car. What part of NKY? I'm just over the river in Ohio. Need any help with anything, let me know.

A drain and refill of the transmission changes 2.5 of 6 quarts. Friction compound from the bands? First time I've heard that. If I were you, I'd do at least two drain & fills (with a little driving in between); then do a drain & fill every 20,000 or so miles after that.

INVENTORY REDUCTION! LOTS of CB7 parts - make me an offer http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192583 or watch for banner ad at upper right
fleetw00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 11:40 PM   #9
Omgnowai
Newcomer

Thanks! Weve already met haha. I purchased a set of corner lights from you after your daughter wrecked your other coupe.

Ill definitely look at changing some of the fluid in the trans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetw00d View Post
Welcome! and very nice car. What part of NKY? I'm just over the river in Ohio. Need any help with anything, let me know.

A drain and refill of the transmission changes 2.5 of 6 quarts. Friction compound from the bands? First time I've heard that. If I were you, I'd do at least two drain & fills (with a little driving in between); then do a drain & fill every 20,000 or so miles after that.
Old 04-25-2019, 06:10 PM   #10
PakaloloHonda
Contributing Member

PakaloloHonda is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to PakaloloHonda Send a message via Yahoo to PakaloloHonda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omgnowai View Post
Ha thanks! Yes it sees the garage through most of the week. Gets driven on the weekends. I wish it were a manual and thats about all I would change. Other than that I like it. Im super afraid that Ill regret modding it in any way. I may pick up another one that isnt in as great of shape and throw the h22a4 I have in the garage to have fun with.
Then just change the tranny to a five speed, leave that 54k mile b!tch alone!

I'd also do what Jarrett said ... NOTHING but genuine Honda parts, and at 54k,
I'd be looking at how the timing belt and water pump are getting along ...
almost time for a new belt ... I like the idea of buying a beater for the H swap ..
If you're patient ... you might even find one already installed that neeeds some TLC ...

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon
PakaloloHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 06:23 PM   #11
Omgnowai
Newcomer

I literally have all the parts to swap in a 5 speed prelude transmission. Stock CB7 Shifter, cables, pedals etc. I just cant bring myself to tear into it. I am definately going to see about another coupe (heck maybe even a CD7) to throw the h22/5pseed combo in.

Ill check/change the belts as well. Waiting for a good couple of days off work to dive into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
Then just change the tranny to a five speed, leave that 54k mile b!tch alone!

I'd also do what Jarrett said ... NOTHING but genuine Honda parts, and at 54k,
I'd be looking at how the timing belt and water pump are getting along ...
almost time for a new belt ... I like the idea of buying a beater for the H swap ..
If you're patient ... you might even find one already installed that neeeds some TLC ...
Old 04-26-2019, 04:52 AM   #12
HCoupe
CB7tuner Member

HCoupe is cool... so far.
Salutations,

That's a nice/rare find. Never flush an auto trans, that tech is right (the OP or the tech meant friction discs/clutches). Just drain and fill to what the owner manual says, use Honda ATF. Look and see if there's a record of when the last timing belt and water pump was replaced, then reference the owners manual. These cars are relatively easy to work on, I think you'll enjoy wrenching on it yourself. As far as modding it, do whatever you want! An auto OBD1 H22 motor and trans with the proper TCU is a hoot to drive and easy to swap in (buy from HMO). But, if you can't keep your left leg still, 5 speed swap it. Remember there's more to it than swapping what you've mentioned, cruise control computer, transmission mount or mount ears, and the wiring which eats up a lot of time to make it look and function OEM from the factory. Remember you can't take anything with you when you die, drive the p*ss out of it and enjoy it.
Old 04-28-2019, 07:28 PM   #13
sonikaccord
Contributing Member

sonikaccord seems to have made some friends!
Do the H swap. You goal is to make it look like it came from the factory that way. Anything else would be a disservice to the car.

YouTube Clicky!!
sonikaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 07:37 PM   #14
Omgnowai
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonikaccord View Post
Do the H swap. You goal is to make it look like it came from the factory that way. Anything else would be a disservice to the car.
I definitely am leaving towards the H swap. I just want to do everything right.

On a side note Im almost convinced Im not getting to see any of the threads in any of the other sections let alone post in them.

Is something with my account wrong? Can any of the mods unlock my ability to see/add posts? I know sometimes you have a to have a particular post count but mine doesnt seem to increase at all from 0.

Thanks guys!
Old 07-20-2019, 10:37 PM   #15
fleetw00d
Contributing Member

fleetw00d is very helpful fleetw00d is very helpful
Quote:
On a side note Im almost convinced Im not getting to see any of the threads in any of the other sections let alone post in them.

Is something with my account wrong? Can any of the mods unlock my ability to see/add posts? I know sometimes you have a to have a particular post count but mine doesnt seem to increase at all from 0.

Thanks guys!
This thread explains beginner limitations and post counting: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157810
fleetw00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 11:25 PM   #16
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Grumpys93 seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
I definitely am leaving towards the H swap. I just want to do everything right.

Thanks guys!
Im sure if you messaged Deevergote, he may be nice and help you out with your post count, but no guarantees.
FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93
Grumpys93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:40 PM   #17
Omgnowai
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetw00d View Post
This thread explains beginner limitations and post counting: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157810
Hey man thanks for the heads up. Ive read through the forum rules and it still looks like my post count is at 0. I assume it just keeps a log and once I get 30 it says 30 and the gates open to the rest of the forum. I appreciate the help.
Old 07-21-2019, 04:41 PM   #18
Omgnowai
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpys93 View Post
Im sure if you messaged Deevergote, he may be nice and help you out with your post count, but no guarantees.
Ha! Thanks. I dont mind following the rules. I just am eager to read beyond the beginner section
Old 07-21-2019, 09:26 PM   #19
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Grumpys93 seems to have made some friends!
Well the post count limit doesn’t count in image section or off topic section. Only in technical sections. Back in the day when we were very active here that was pretty easy. But now with a lot of people lurking and not posting much. It is very difficult to get 30 technical post.
FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93
Grumpys93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:02 PM   #20
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
There are certain sections that do not count towards the post count tally. The beginner image gallery is one of them.

Unfortunately, when these rules were instituted, this forum was beginning to get a lot of the same type of traffic that the few CB-related Facebook groups get. Entire threads created because someone decided to snap a few pictures of their ragged out car with suds on it at the car wash. Not that we're all a bunch of senile old men (well, I guess some of us are), but the purpose of a forum is to provide a place for members of a community to exchange thoughts, ideas and information and have that collection be somewhat searchable. The types of posts weren't disallowed, but they also weren't helpful toward proving that a new user was providing quality contributions to reach the 30 post threshold.

A lot has changed these days, including the need for more traffic. Your posts have not been the caliber of the ones I previously described, but they still fall under that umbrella because of the section they're in. All that said, there shouldn't be anything you can't see. Just areas you can't post in.

Deev would be the one best-suited to chiming in regarding where the site ownership still stands on those issues.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: