This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Someone Give Me An Idea...

Of a DIY to do? Preferably something inexpensive. I'm thinking something appearance-related, not so much performance because my stepdad is weird about letting me do performance stuff to my car.
    I've already done a black-housed, black mesh grille with the "H" badge taken out and the "Accord" badge in it, I was thinking something along the lines of that.
    Any ideas?

Underground.Society
    Originally posted by Deevergote
    If it doesn't really matter... shut the fuck up and let it be.

do some type of led lights or somthing

or maybe an interior diy idkkkk GL

J | D | M

"Sohc, one cam less, one cam lighter"

Vtec is overated anyways

Comment

you could find a lip off a Legend and slap that on. it'll give your car a more aggressive look yet it's fairly cheap that it won't break your wallet.

i got my legend lip for only 18 bucks, granted it's off a sedan when people are really looking for the coupe version.

Comment

how about an interior DiY... like taking base(like mine) and making it all black leather like Deev's

then i'll know how to redo my rook lining...

Comment

idk man making a cloth car into a full leather can get pretty pricey. hell i was going to grab myself two black leather '91 SE front and then rear bench and have a local shop re-do the leather on it because it was all busted and torn.

the shop wanted to charge me 1100 in just labor so long as i provided the materials. that's when i figured it wasn't worth it when i only bought the car for $450. but i did grab the leather headrests from that car, as a matter in fact, i have two sets.

Comment

How about making a new trunk floor?? out of plywood, so its stronger and you can bolt subwoofers down to it...I need to do this, but Im just too lazy, lol

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
            be risky, be smart, and most of all be creative!

Comment

busak that's a really good idea, thank you. My Type-Rs (Alpine not Honda :P) are always sliding around my trunk.
              Leung, I'm going to try to find a junkyard around here soon, thanks
              Thanks everyone else, I wish I could do black leather or gauge bezel/trim but I have a tan interior and nothing goes with it

Underground.Society

Comment

Get some sandpaper, some mag and aluminum polish, and some plastic polish, and start polishing all the hard plastic on your car. TypeG has a DIY on it.
                There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

start cleaning, painting, polishing, and/or deleting stuff in your engine bay. if you dont use a/c or if its broke, take everything associated (compressor, condensor, etc) out. if you never use cruise, yank it. if your valve cover is nasty looking, take it off, strip it, and polish or paint it the re-install it. re-locate your battery. get a bottle of simple green and go to town on all the little places in the bay where road grime gets; on the transmission, shock towers, under the ECU, firewall, under the ps/cruise parts, etc. use Back-To-Black on all your rubber parts (hoses, etc)

you can also take the little rubber pieces at the back corners of the hood out so you can tilt your hood all the way back like civics/integras do a lot.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                  Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                  'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                  Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by guitarplayer825 View Post
                    not so much performance because my stepdad is weird about letting me do performance stuff to my car.

that was the exact same story for me.

he was afraid a intake/exhaust was going to make me so fast i'd kill myself

in a 1991 honda accord....

Comment

Seriously, he doesn't understand that the car isn't fast enough to make me do anything stupid, I'm not like some people at my school. (One guy drives a 1989 Porsche Carrera Cabriolet with a bunch of stuff done to it and another dude drives a perfectly restored 1972 Dodge Charger, they're 17. It's ridiculous) I've gotten in one accident and gotten one ticket, I don't plan on doing either again and he just doesn't understand that. He always says "You're not making the Accord into a race car".
                      Last edited by guitarplayer825; 09-02-2008, 09:42 AM.

Underground.Society

Comment

Originally posted by guitarplayer825 View Post
                        Seriously, he doesn't understand that the car isn't fast enough to make me do anything stupid, I'm not like some people at my school. (One guy drives a 1989 Porsche Carrera Cabriolet with a bunch of stuff done to it and another dude drives a perfectly restored 1972 Dodge Charger, they're 17. It's ridiculous) I've gotten in one accident and gotten one ticket, I don't plan on doing either again and he just doesn't understand that. He always says "You're not making the Accord into a race car".
                        explain to him that guys like cars.
                        guys also like chicks.
                        nice cars help to get chicks.
                        chicks help to get laid.
                        getting laid rocks!!

show him an accord race car. a real one.
                        then tell him how many chicks the driver of that race accord gets.

then show him that there is an entire community of accord owners that dont turn them into race cars even though a lot of us could.

he should be impressed by a great many of us.

if he still disagrees.
                        well......
                        buy him a pink sweater and tell him to go buy some curtains.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Thanks but I have a girlfriend :P
                          She's a Ford girl though :'(

Underground.Society

Comment

lol sell your accord and buy a ford focus.

enV this!!!!

member ride thing

myspace

93accordSE video!

Comment

Working...
                            X