INT: honda Prelude steering wheel conversion on 90-91 cb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INT: honda Prelude steering wheel conversion on 90-91 cb

This diy thread is to show you a way to install the 88-91 Honda prelude steering wheel into the 90-91 Honda accord.

Things you will need:

----88-91 Prelude steering wheel and clock spring.

----- 18mm socket and a ratchet w/ an extension
    ----- Phillips screw driver
    ----- Small flat head screw driver
    ----- Wire cutter
    ----- blade
    ----- Soldering gun and elect. tape
    ----- Sand paper with sanding block or 7 1/8" thick washers.

Instructions:
    1---Start by taking the H center cap off with the small flat head screwdriver.
    2---With the 18mm socket take out the nut....there will be a wire-socket connected to the back of the steering wheel so take out the steering wheel slowly about 2 inches and disconnect the wire.
    3---Take out the cover behind the wheel, it has 4 screws under (Phillips screw driver for this)
    4---Unscrew the clock spring (4 screws)
    5---Cut all three wires ONE AT A TIME on the cb7 and the prelude harness (solder them or tape them according to their colors)
    6----Place and screw the clock spring back onto the cb7.
    7----Place and screw the cover back.
    8----Sand the front of the cover so that the prelude steering wheel wont rub against it......or just place the 7 washers.
    9----Slide the prelude steering wheel back on and connect the wire socket to the clock spring.
    10---Tighten the 18mm nut.
    11---Test out to see if the horn works and if the steering wheel does not rub.
    note: since i deleted the cruise control, joshy went ahead and made me a delete plate thus replacing the cruise control buttons from the prelude steering wheel.

12---enjoy

Here are some installation images...

Last edited by illestatus; 02-29-2012, 02:50 PM.

This is for ALL those wanting to this particular swap and was not able to OR had to ask a couple other Members' on here (to include street_beauty90) numerous questions.

Excellent write-up! Cannot get any easier than this!!!

BTW, this car is definitely a thing of beauty with all the nuks n crannies.

T.
    RETIRED...

Comment

Fucking nice..

does the Turn signals turn off? not like Aftermarket ebay ones?
      horn work too????

PROPS

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

everything works like nothing happened

Comment

EVERYTHING works
          RETIRED...

Comment

Originally posted by new_beginnings View Post
            This is for ALL those wanting to this particular swap and was not able to OR had to ask a couple other Members' on here (to include street_beauty90) numerous questions.

Excellent write-up! Cannot get any easier than this!!!

BTW, this car is definitely a thing of beauty with all the nuks n crannies.

T.
            thanks for the props, i owe it all to trev, if it wasnt for him i would have never done this.

Comment

Originally posted by h22anow View Post
              thanks for the props, i owe it all to trev, if it wasnt for him i would have never done this.

Nah bro, you deserve ALL the credit. I just pressured you to go to the yard that's all.
              RETIRED...

Comment

lol yeah thats true, if i wouldnt have gone i would have never found these!!!!

Comment

Nice that's great! I really like that, yet still OE! SWeet! Good write up.

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

Nice rims..how much you pick those up for?

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

thanks ive been looking for these rims for a while now, but i guess i never thought i would find them in a junk yard, i paid 160 for them, ima clean them good and i will post some pics once i put some wheels on them

Comment

The way you put the wires together is a fire waiting to happen.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

true, i know one of them is for the horn, as for the other two they are for the cruise control, i will take the fuse out tomorrow because i lost my cruise control due to the swap, i think that should solve the prob,

Comment

word ! Everything always seems to fall in place for me on this site. I just started thinking about this today when I was looking at a friends lude. Sure enough, I get back to my dorm, and this was made.

Great write up bro.

Comment

do 90-91's have air bags?
                              93 SE F22A6

Comment

Working...
                              X