No announcement yet.

kamaccord : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn. just freaking damn! 600hp to the front wheels of a street driven car! and its an accord! i cant wait to see this done man, get vids when it is!

your accord is definately the most deserving of wearing a wild body kit and not get the "ricer" tag. i really wish you would keep it. i know you have decided to take it more mild this time around and it is your car, but i think it would be awesome to keep the kit on and be the anti-sleeper. just think of it this way, what do you think is faster when you see it on the street; a riced out car (not that im calling your car ricey, quite the opposite!) with huge chromies and a giant frontmount, or a car with faded paint, stock wheels, and a giant front mount? the faded car makes you think the owner spent all his money on going fast and not looking good, while the wild kit and crazy wheels makes you think the guy spent too much time and money on looking fast to actually make the car fast.

i would love to be there if you ever did take the new turbo for a spin while keeping the exterior looking the same. the looks on the faces of the camaro/mustang guys when you beat them with "just another riced out honda" would be absolutely priceless!
    Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 01-15-2008, 12:02 AM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
      damn. just freaking damn! 600hp to the front wheels of a street driven car! and its an accord! i cant wait to see this done man, get vids when it is!

your accord is definately the most deserving of wearing a wild body kit and not get the "ricer" tag. i really wish you would keep it. i know you have decided to take it more mild this time around and it is your car, but i think it would be awesome to keep the kit on and be the anti-sleeper. just think of it this way, what do you think is faster when you see it on the street; a riced out car (not that im calling your car ricey, quite the opposite!) with huge chromies and a giant frontmount, or a car with faded paint, stock wheels, and a giant front mount? the faded car makes you think the owner spent all his money on going fast and not looking good, while the wild kit and crazy wheels makes you think the guy spent too much time and money on looking fast to actually make the car fast.

i would love to be there if you ever did take the new turbo for a spin while keeping the exterior looking the same. the looks on the faces of the camaro/mustang guys when you beat them with "just another riced out honda" would be absolutely priceless!
      yeah this is an interesting point, b/c it's not actually rice at all, just flashy in a flash.. hah but yeah that's why im a little for more than just mild but not crazy. My num1 rule is to make my car look how I Really like it, b/c that way when mechanical problems come up I'll still always want to keep it and it gives me motivation. But do what you like best, because that is the bottom line.
      My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
        yeah this is an interesting point, b/c it's not actually rice at all, just flashy in a flash.. hah but yeah that's why im a little for more than just mild but not crazy. My num1 rule is to make my car look how I Really like it, b/c that way when mechanical problems come up I'll still always want to keep it and it gives me motivation. But do what you like best, because that is the bottom line.
        my point was, even though kama's car is not "rice" in our eyes, many other people see a body kit and z3 fenders and automatically yell out, "RICER!" without taking everything into account. in my opinion, a ricer is not defined by how his car looks, but how he builds it, takes car of it and drives it. if he canes it everywhere, e-braking around every corner, never cleans it, never checks the oil, installs the cheapest crap he can find, and installs it with zip ties and wood screws, then he is a ricer. anyone that does things the proper way, drives like a normal human being, and takes care of their car is not a ricer, no matter what their car looks like.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Ouuu im vibing the front end....looks really mean.
          accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
          ....................My New Baby
          SOLD TO
          ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Very sick ride. Rep the DMV all day!!!
            "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
            "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
            ><((((ş>

Comment

Originally posted by Accord SiR
              Great progress
              Accord_SIR,Thanks for all the compliments and most of all the advice.

Originally posted by KeelesKustome
              dude you so have to make this your sig! badass !
              KeelesKustome, Done! Thanks for the signature change idea.

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
              car looks excellent with that front mount
              91AccordEXR33, thanks for all the compliments.

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR

SteelbluesleepR, thanks for the accomplishments. The guys at the shop call the car riced out everyday. My mechanic made almost the exact comment regarding the kit and the investment in the external look. I believe the car will be a sleeper regardless. How often does one pull up on a high horsepower 4th gen Accord? Thanks again.

Smokinspeeds, thanks for the compliments. However, I have been fighting with myself about pulling the entire engine bay to have it painted to mach the car.

Thanks to everyone. I look forward to the dyno results in a few weeks. I plan to video the dyno also.
              600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

i can just imagine what the finished product will be after all this hard work. when i head back down to Ocean City,MD this summer, i'll have to remind myself to get in touch with you and see this beast in person. looks good Kam, keep it fresh.
                5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
                  i can just imagine what the finished product will be after all this hard work. when i head back down to Ocean City,MD this summer, i'll have to remind myself to get in touch with you and see this beast in person. looks good Kam, keep it fresh.

Thanks Primo. I look forward to making some trips to Ocean City also. I understand there are quite a few car events their during the summer.

My "Predator Hood pictured on my car below must go. The down scoop rubs on the exhaust manifold and prevents me using it with my turbo set-up. I'm currently taking offers. "Pick-up only!"
                  Last edited by kamaccord; 01-20-2008, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kamaccord
                    However, I have been fighting with myself about pulling the entire engine bay to have it painted to mach the car.

Thanks to everyone. I look forward to the dyno results in a few weeks. I plan to video the dyno also.

you had better not pull the motor for that man. lol. itll take you even longer to get it running and then miss my meet. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
                      you had better not pull the motor for that man. lol. itll take you even longer to get it running and then miss my meet. lol

Shadow1, I have no intensions of pulling the motor anytime soon. My number 1 goal is to get back on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by kamaccord
                        Shadow1, I have no intensions of pulling the motor anytime soon. My number 1 goal is to get back on the road.

good shit!!! i cant wait for this to be done
                        UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                        NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

Car looks like its comin along nicely. Cant wait to see this thing finished and the new facelift its gonna get.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Dont care about everyone else, but that image above looks real nice to me. Car looks sickly great lol Inside in out to mention. Id be scared if I pulled up beside your car at a stoplight. lol. But one thing I do agree on is that a carbon fiber hood would set it all off, having it looking great. The wing I like to, you could even put a aluminum wing on there IMO. nice work though!
                            My Black "H"
                            AL Meet!?

//Secret G2I Lover, Shhhhhhh! //

Comment

Originally posted by ex_style90

Dont care about everyone else, but that image above looks real nice to me. Car looks sickly great lol Inside in out to mention. Id be scared if I pulled up beside your car at a stoplight. lol. But one thing I do agree on is that a carbon fiber hood would set it all off, having it looking great. The wing I like to, you could even put a aluminum wing on there IMO. nice work though!
                              noooo I wouldn't change the wing that one's perfect! lol
                              My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

noooo I wouldn't change the wing that one's perfect! lol
                                I mean, but he really has the body kit to put any wing on there if he really wanted to
                                My Black "H"
                                AL Meet!?

//Secret G2I Lover, Shhhhhhh! //

Comment

Working...
                                X