Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Brake Kit worth it?

So do these big brake kits really make a difference? I can get the
    Powerslot Big Brake Kit 01+ Civic for 299 shipped. which is a killer deal IMO since they go for 350+

hmm anyone have a big brake kit on here?
    This is only for the front.

depends what you want it for...if you want it for looks then sure get it, but it will also help your braking. otherwise upgrading your pads and rotors would be more than sufficient and probably cheaper too

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

It will be better than your stock setup. However, make sure your rims can clear them.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

gotcha, now will these rotors last longer then stock rotors? What's the life on them? do they ever warp?.

Comment

I would think these rotors would last alot longer than stock rotors. It wouldnt be a good investment if they didnt. however it all depends on driving style. a good set of brembo replacement rotors can last a very long time it all depends. they shouldnt warp if they are bedded-in properly and machined after adding a new set of pads

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
            So do these big brake kits really make a difference? I can get the
            Powerslot Big Brake Kit 01+ Civic for 299 shipped. which is a killer deal IMO since they go for 350+

hmm anyone have a big brake kit on here?
            This is only for the front.

not for your car.

Comment

just a waste of money...

MY 1n2 CB7

Comment

picture not actual.

Comment

you're better off saving your money. powerslot is great, had them on the cb7, and currently have them on the armada too w/EBC greenstuff pads, but that BBK isn't worth it. you still have to use the OEM brake calipers; its not like you need 4-piston calipers to make that civic of yours stop, lol. and with most of the BBKs out there, you would need aftermarket wheels, usually 17in. and up in diameter in order for them to clear the rotors/calipers.
                  5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                  JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

like every one said, dont get them.

if you want great braking get the regular sized powerslot slotted rotters with hawk street pads. I had them on my civic. & I loved how they stopped. especially on thoses days when I drove 100+mph. the steel brake lines I had on it helped too. the only thing bad about them is that with slotted disks your pads wareout quickly

btw Im selling my old set up. including the steel brakelines. PM me if you want pics.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Working...
                    X