Hawk Brake Pads Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hawk Brake Pads Help!

I was reading some info on the pads and I kinda like them......
    Changing my front brakes and rotors.......So what is the difference in the hawk pads from street to race pads?Are race pads Ok to use in street performance and Daily Traffic Driving?

I want to hear every ones experience or comments........
    Let me know what you think
    thanks

nothing?
    .............anyone?

Comment

Which pads were you referring to? I've used the Hawk HPS for daily driving and personally I prefer the axxis ULT brake pads. Hawk HP+ is fine for daily driving, but they can be kind of loud.

Comment

The street performance brake is rather dusty but that shit stop better than any other pad. The racing pad is definately not for street use. It will wear out your rotors faster under normal conditions. They are not designed for stop and go traffic.
        FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
        Pm meX
        I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
        H22A Swap
        I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Hawk blue, black, ht, and dtc compounds are race only. They also make a hps and hp+ that are performance street pads. I have only driven the hp+, the more aggressive of the street pads and I found them to be very weak cold, noisy, and then very hard to modulate when warm leading to locked up front tires. I know others who love the instant on feel when they are warmed up.
          For a street pad I like the oem pads and the axis ultimate. The honda pads work and feel great. They are very low noise and dust. But If you autox or I would recommend the ultimate, they do all the things the oem pads do but have stronger stopping power and heat resistance.
          And if you track the car at all I would get a dedicated set of track pads. I am currently using pads from Cobalt Friction, I am using the xr-2($185) and I does everything I want. I have also had good success with the Carbotech xp-10($155), they are initially less expensive than the cobalts but they wear out twice as fast. I have driven both of these pads on the street, but they wear even faster, and as said they chew rotors faster too.
          1990 accord Honda-Challenge, H22 powered
          newer race video,older race videos
          1991 accord parked, parts and back up shell
          1993 accord acquired 6-11-16

Comment

Yeah you wont get a race pad into the correct operating temp on the street unless your a maniac and are trying to kill yourself.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland View Post
              Yeah you wont get a race pad into the correct operating temp on the street unless your a maniac and are trying to kill yourself.
              hahaha....Maniac is my middle name but I'm not trying to kill myself!

I'm gonna try the Hawk Ceramic Pads and Brembo Blanks for a fresh start!

Thanks for all the 411 !

Comment

Working...
              X