rally cb.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rally cb.

so im thinking stock height for the rally cb. but what bout shocks. stock or stiffer?

I would go with stock springs and bilstein struts, not necessarily stiffer but more durable. stiff struts on anything going over rough terrain= blown struts. softer is better to absorb rough or uneven terrain. If I had the money I'd build a full blown rally CB. i think it'd be cool

-sean
    Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
    Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

yea bro sounds cool but plan to pay out the ass for an amazing suspension also if possible try to make it AWD thatd be crazy go for it bro good luck
      to achieve a Fuck, you must first give a Fuck
      Follow me on twitter @tru_whitetrash

Comment

Yea, that should be a good idea , A rally cb7 ! cool !

Comment

Originally posted by acc0rd_adicti0n View Post
          yea bro sounds cool but plan to pay out the ass for an amazing suspension also if possible try to make it AWD thatd be crazy go for it bro good luck
          Wow , if you can do the AWD thing, your the man ! That should be lot of work !

Comment

Don't really no about rally setups. How competitive are the events? Is this rallycross or an actual rally stage? Are there any jumps? You will definitely need better shocks than stock. Rough terrain requires good oscillation control which the stock shocks will never be able to do. Koni yellows at the very least. If there are jumps better shocks will be needed.

Can't help you out on spring rates. That will require some testing.

Hope you have a large parts bin.
            For Sale:
            itr mid pipe = $80 + shiping
            tr injen sri $80 + shipping

(2) Eibach ERS 600x2.5x600 = $80shipped in US

Comment

You would need some custom valved struts, Bilstein can do that for you.

Might want to look into getting some custom length springs with rates to suit your needs.

Tires would also be good too.
              Gary A.K.A. Carter
              [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Without knowing much about rally set ups, I can't imagine that the stock springs would be stiff enough, and the damper rates will need to match the spring rates (+ or - tweaking). I suspect the hard part might be easily sourcing stiffer springs that aren't lowering springs? You might need custom made springs for a rally application?

Progressive rate springs are generally a no-no for racing cars, but might be the go for a rally car? If so then I'd be guessing that you'd want a longish travel at the softer rate then stiffening up a lot as the bump stop is approached (to prevent crashing hard into the bump stops), which is probably more or less the opposite of a road car progressive spring with a relatively short travel at the softer rate before more gradually increasing in rate...?

I also suspect that the stock bump stops might not be progessive enough (they're supposed to be progresive, but in realty they are very soft then sudenly very hard (very 'non-linear').
                Regards from Oz,
                John.

Comment

most rally racing that i have seen that an accord would be participating in is NOT WRC

Its playing around in diffrent dirts/gravels, alot of pendulum turns, left-foot braking/sliding

If its that kind of rally, stock shocks should be able to handle it... but like mentioned above you could get more durable shocks that can be just as soft as stock the big thing is you need to avoid bottoming out and ruts, so i would say custom springs at the least
                  Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
                    You would need some custom valved struts, Bilstein can do that for you.

Might want to look into getting some custom length springs with rates to suit your needs.

Tires would also be good too.

And since this is all related.
                    What about brakes?You need
                    better brake components on the CB......Stock brakes are shitty!

Comment

Originally posted by radiuslight View Post
                      And since this is all related.
                      What about brakes?You need
                      better brake components on the CB......Stock brakes are shitty!
                      UMMM

you could lock em in dirt with the cheapest autozone pads.... even if rally cross you have uneven rough pavment, you dont want to have brakes so strong they lock tires in unfavorable conditions.

A set of OEM pads would probably be fine, but some brembo sports or hawk ect. would be the most you would need.

But on topic, if you are gonna change shocks, softer is the only "resonable" direction to go. From engineering i've learnt that impact load flows to stiffness... the stiffer something is the more force is going to go into it when its suddenly impacted i.e. nailing a rut, or low spot or even getting air, which isn't normally incorperated into amature racing
                      Last edited by GreenMadness; 10-22-2008, 04:55 PM.
                      Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMadness View Post
                        UMMM

you could lock em in dirt with the cheapest autozone pads.... even if rally cross you have uneven rough pavment, you dont want to have brakes so strong they lock tires in unfavorable conditions.

A set of OEM pads would probably be fine, but some brembo sports or hawk ect. would be the most you would need.

But on topic, if you are gonna change shocks, softer is the only "resonable" direction to go. From engineering i've learnt that impact load flows to stiffness... the stiffer something is the more force is going to go into it when its suddenly impacted i.e. nailing a rut, or low spot or even getting air, which isn't normally incorperated into amature racing

If you are driving fast at high speeds u are gonna have to brake alot and not only that braking from 100-60 to 0 will make those stock brakes heat up and crack!
                        Regular OEM pads are not gonna cut it period.

I was actually talking about Rotor ,Pads and possibly Rear Disc conversion and possibly go all out with different calipers as well

Rear drums are not for a rally car..........Everything gets trapped in them(Water,Dirt and heat) you dont want that stuff in there while you brake!

Upgrading your brakes system will help you slow down faster and more efficiently with more power!

Comment

Originally posted by radiuslight View Post
                          If you are driving fast at high speeds u are gonna have to brake alot and not only that braking from 100-60 to 0 will make those stock brakes heat up and crack!
                          Regular OEM pads are not gonna cut it period.

I was actually talking about Rotor ,Pads and possibly Rear Disc conversion and possibly go all out with different calipers as well

Rear drums are not for a rally car..........Everything gets trapped in them(Water,Dirt and heat) you dont want that stuff in there while you brake!

Upgrading your brakes system will help you slow down faster and more efficiently with more power!
                          x 10million just get some ex rims or any 15' or bigger and do the wagon front brake upgrade since they have that bigger rotor and caliper plus it bolts right on and would be the cheapest solution.and i bet you can find a parts ex 93' accord and get the rear disc off it for cheap as well.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

1. You need a suspension that you can adjust bound and rebound for the most part since you will be dealing with different terrains. Spring rates depend on the course.
                            2. Tires are a big issue.
                            3. You will need a decent trans to handle the abuse.
                            4. 15-16" rim is plenty for these events. You need quite a bit of sidewall depending on course again.
                            5. Brakes...This is not a place you want to cheap out on. Brakes take a lot of abuse in rallycross especially if you like to left foot brake.

thats all i can think of.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I just helped push a freshly repaired, stripped down rally WRX onto a trailer to get it put back together. The driver had rolled it and needed an area on the roofs internal full cage straightened. The car had ZERO interior. Just the mounts for the two seats and all weight reduction beyond that. Excluding the Full integrated roll cage. Under the hood the original frame was not there. All custom suspension wrapped around an engine.

Suspension looked stock from the outside, however the long travel suspension just happen to sit at OEM height. The suspension was pretty soft. I could push down 6" pretty easy. (Although not sure what it was set like). The whole thing looked more like a modded offroad truck suspension to me.

My say would be: Very cool CB7 for sure, but you are talking real big $$$.

Comment

Working...
                              X